Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my Ranger for almost 2 weeks. The front to back rake has bothered me since. I’ve researched and read alot on this forum about the different level kits and settled on a 2 inch by Readylift.
I’ll be doing this myself. I’ve seen different installation instructions - many indicate its somewhat easy with no need to remove the rotor and do anything with the axle yet others say you have to do that in order to get the strut out.
What was everyones experience in this area.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my Ranger for almost 2 weeks. The front to back rake has bothered me since. I’ve researched and read alot on this forum about the different level kits and settled on a 2 inch by Readylift.
I’ll be doing this myself. I’ve seen different installation instructions - many indicate its somewhat easy with no need to remove the rotor and do anything with the axle yet others say you have to do that in order to get the strut out.
Thanks in advance.
I’ve done more reading and searching. Still a bit confused over how to proceed. I’ve seen a couple youtube video’s from Robby and Stage3 that make it look pretty easy while instructions from Ford - using they’re kit - and a couple forum members talk about removing the rotor, axle nut and such.
I figure there are alot of folks out there that have done this. I’d appreciate hearing from as many as possible as to the technique you used and if you had problems. Thank you all.
Thanks in advance.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
I’ve done more reading and searching. Still a bit confused over how to proceed. I’ve seen a couple youtube video’s from Robby and Stage3 that make it look pretty easy while instructions from Ford - using they’re kit - and a couple forum members talk about removing the rotor, axle nut and such.
I figure there are alot of folks out there that have done this. I’d appreciate hearing from as many as possible as to the technique you used and if you had problems. Thank you all.
The vid pretty much sums it up. Iimc you will need a spring compressor and chances of the cv boot popping out are very likely, both of mine did but popped back in. Took me about an hour each side
upload_2019-12-24_9-16-35.jpeg

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The vid pretty much sums it up. Iimc you will need a spring compressor and chances of the cv boot popping out are very likely, both of mine did but popped back in. Took me about an hour each side
upload_2019-12-24_9-16-35.jpeg
Why is a spring compressor needed. The kit I ordered has a spacer on the top and also a straddle strap that slides over the bottom studs of the shock. Did you pull the rotor abd axle nut? Thats the step I’m trying to determine how necessary it is. Thanks

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
You dont need a compressor to install the Ready Lift 2 inch kit. It's just a 2 piece spacer kit that goes between the mounting points at the top and bottom of the strut assembly. I think the Stage 3 video is a BDS kit, which involves taking apart the strut to install the kit (hence the need for a spring compressor).

Best way I've found to remove the struts is to remove the lower control arm eccentric bolts. Let the control arm hang by the lower ball joint and swing it out of the way to remove the struts. Make sure you mark the position of the eccentric bolts before removing them. This way you wont totally throw your alignment too out of wack when you go to reassemble. This is not much of a concern to me because you will need and alignment asap after the install.

808matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Sport Package, 2015 f450 Bucket Truck
Sorry, thought this was what you bought

Screenshot_20191224-220141_Chrome.jpg

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
I’m installing the same kit tomorrow. I plan on removing the axle from the spindle and such.

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Success! Did my lift this afternoon. Took a bit over 3 hrs. Installation was using the LCA removal process. Did the passenger side first and it took about 2 hrs as I had BIG issues trying to get the LCA back on. After almost giving up I had my son in law help and we used a jack and alot of muscle. The drivers side was really easy and fast - Thankfully.
I’m super happy with the new look and will be getting an alignment on Monday.

2C20FBCD-3D84-4541-970B-676FA2ED8B60.jpeg

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Had my alignment done today and no issues getting it within the ReadyLift specs...Here is my comparison of before and after measures - ground to wheel well. Interesting that the 2 inch lift only provided me with a little less than 1.5 inches - more like 1.25. I’m a bit disappointed in that. Wondering what everyone else is seeing.
Front Drivers side
Before - 35.25
After - 36.5
Front Passenger side
Before - 35.5
After - 36.825

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Had my alignment done today and no issues getting it within the ReadyLift specs...Here is my comparison of before and after measures - ground to wheel well. Interesting that the 2 inch lift only provided me with a little less than 1.5 inches - more like 1.25. I’m a bit disappointed in that. Wondering what everyone else is seeing.
Front Drivers side
Before - 35.25
After - 36.5
Front Passenger side
Before - 35.5
After - 36.825
I didn’t measure it but I figured about 2”, or a bit less. It still is about an inch higher in the rear but the best I can describe it would be, this is what it should have looked like from the factory. It would probably be better about 1/2” taller but overall I like it. I don’t mind a small rake. The way it was before was just too much rake. It looked funny.

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I’ve had the lift on for a week or so I agree that another 1/2 inch to an inch would be perfect. I didnt realize that a 2 inch kit would only net you no more than 1.5 inches - at least that is what the ReadyLift 2 inch did for me.
I would say that a 2.5 inch kit would be perfect IMO but I still like this look much better than the stock jacked up rear look.
I’ll probably at some point - maybe when I need tires - add another 1/2 inch. I saw a 1/4 inch spacer on Ebay and wonder if you could just stack that on the top of the existing one?

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
Front Drivers side
Before - 35.25
After - 36.5
Front Passenger side
Before - 35.5
After - 36.825
I just bought this kit, my Ranger measured front 36" and rear 38" so by your measurements I will be on nice spot about 3/4 difference. Was thinking on RC 2.5 but those are really 2.5 inch and my Ranger will be taller on front.
Sponsored