Engine Cover

waloud

First Name
Whitaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LB Ranger
I just bought a 2019 Ranger. After I got home, I was going through the truck paying more attention. After popping the hood, it looks a little bare. Does it come with a engine cover? I haven't had a chance to get back to the dealer.
Sponsored

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Only Lariat comes with one. The rest of us have to purchase one.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Meh you already have a hood so you don't really need two... and as a bonus you will run a few degrees cooler without the blanket...

OP
OP
waloud

waloud

First Name
Whitaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LB Ranger
Thanks for the info.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Meh you already have a hood so you don't really need two... and as a bonus you will run a few degrees cooler without the blanket...
Pretty much how I look at it too. When did automotive companies decide “let’s throw a piece of plastic over this hot engine”

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Pretty much how I look at it too. When did automotive companies decide “let’s throw a piece of plastic over this hot engine”
Crossed my mind as well after reading the long original thread about this. It was also my initial response that the factory must have forgotten to install it, but I'm fine with it now and I can keep the $75 in my pocket.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Before my truck arrived I thought that I would have to get one but now after looking at the engine it is fine without it. I have a 68 Chev and you can actually see the eng, and it dont scare me. LOL

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think the only purpose of the cover is to help quiet down the injectors. I don't really think it is for looks, but maybe I'm wrong.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
I think the only purpose of the cover is to help quiet down the injectors. I don't really think it is for looks, but maybe I'm wrong.
I guess that’s possible, sounds bazaar though. That would be a funny conversation at Ford.. (Ford Engineer #1)-“let’s quite the injectors down with a plastic engine cover” (Engineer #2)-“ Ya let’s do that, but eff the XL and XLT owners, just give it to the lariat guys”

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I guess that’s possible, sounds bazaar though. That would be a funny conversation at Ford.. (Ford Engineer #1)-“let’s quite the injectors down with a plastic engine cover” (Engineer #2)-“ Ya let’s do that, but eff the XL and XLT owners, just give it to the lariat guys”
It kind of makes sense to me. Quieter operation would be considered more of a "premium" thing. It doesn't affect operation at all.

I think it is pretty cool that the same engine and trans is available in the lowest trim and the highest trim level.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
It kind of makes sense to me. Quieter operation would be considered more of a "premium" thing. It doesn't affect operation at all.

I think it is pretty cool that the same engine and trans is available in the lowest trim and the highest trim level.
I honestly don’t even notice the injectors tick. All I hear is that little actuator squeak right after start up.
Sponsored