Interior LED lights

Stan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Hi, so I have a interior LED lighting kit for the footwells in the front and back. I am trying to figure out how to hook them up to come on when the headlights come on. I run my headlights on auto so I thought I could use an add a fuse circuit to the fog light fuse since I keep them on all the time and they only come on when the headlights do. However there does not seem to be a separate fuse for the fog lights. I really did not want to tap into any wires as I am concerned if something went wrong it might void warranty.
I suppose I could just use the supplied cigarette charger and leave the lights on all the time ( I don't want to have to cut them on and off). The 12V outlet stays on a while after car is turned off...would this be much of a drain on the battery!!

Any suggestions on how to hook them up to work with lights?
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Hi, so I have a interior LED lighting kit for the footwells in the front and back. I am trying to figure out how to hook them up to come on when the headlights come on. I run my headlights on auto so I thought I could use an add a fuse circuit to the fog light fuse since I keep them on all the time and they only come on when the headlights do. However there does not seem to be a separate fuse for the fog lights. I really did not want to tap into any wires as I am concerned if something went wrong it might void warranty.
I suppose I could just use the supplied cigarette charger and leave the lights on all the time ( I don't want to have to cut them on and off). The 12V outlet stays on a while after car is turned off...would this be much of a drain on the battery!!

Any suggestions on how to hook them up to work with lights?
Thanks
Guess I'm just going to use an add a circuit to a switched fuse. Can't stand the cigarette charger thing. Gotta get the right size add-a-fuse first. Ordered the wrong size and local Advanced Auto didn't have any micro add a fuses.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There are several unused fuses in the box by your left knee. Read about what I did here.
Sponsored