FX4: changes angle of truck?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I have a Platinum White Lariat with FX4 w/Chrome package. My front bash plate is Silver
What colour is the panel just above that skid plate?
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What colour is the panel just above that skid plate?
Hi Adam,

Colour? Eh? Color down south of the Northern border...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like that silver piece is only on the Sport Appearance Package trucks. I could be wrong though but that’s the only place I’ve noticed it.
That's my understanding as well.

ztbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT w/ FX4, tow package, spary-in bed liner.
Just throwing mine onto the pile; My XLT FX4 w\black paint has a black steel bumper w\silver bash plate.

EDIT: The rectangular plate above the bash plate is black.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Just throwing mine onto the pile; My XLT FX4 w\black paint has a black steel bumper w\silver bash plate.
The bash plate is always silver. The question is the color of the rectangular plastic piece just above it.

ztbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT w/ FX4, tow package, spary-in bed liner.
The bash plate is always silver. The question is the color of the rectangular plastic piece just above it.
Ah, updated. It's black like the body.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lightning Blue Lariat FX4 with sport package, bash plate is silver, bumper trims front and rear as well as front grill and wheel arches are all Magnetic paint.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Just for reference, there may be some confusion about the part that should be/believed to be silver. The bash plate is silver although the part in question is between it and the bumper. I circled in red below.

Note that this is our Lariat FX4 non sport package.
4FA7E00B-5D7A-4875-A2D0-F74DDBF1D518.jpeg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hi Adam,

Colour? Eh? Color down south of the Northern border...:)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yes sir... you guys down there spell a lot of words different!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir... you guys down there spell a lot of words different!
Hi Adam,

What are Colllectors on the 401????:question: :):):):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Adam,

What are Colllectors on the 401????:question: :):):):)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
The two outside groups of lanes like in the photo posted above. My Ranger was blasting down part of them not too long ago on an IKEA trip!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Just for reference, there may be some confusion about the part that should be/believed to be silver. The bash plate is silver although the part in question is between it and the bumper. I circled in red below.

Note that this is our Lariat FX4 non sport package.
Here's another visual. It is what it is. But what Ford shows you you are getting...... isn't what you are actually getting.

What Ford Showed Us We Would Get When We drove to Laramie To Pick Up Our Ranger..

Whites University Ford Screen Shot.jpg

What We Actually Got When We Drove to Laramie and Picked Up The Ford

001.JPG

The Difference...

006 Red.jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The two outside groups of lanes like in the photo posted above. My Ranger was blasting down part of them not too long ago on an IKEA trip!
Hi Adam,

Yep! Spent a year one evening on the 401! Love Canada and the times we had in Toronto.... I was part of the Molson Indy for many years as an Indycar trackside official! Headed up a crew at Turn one for several years. Talk about a rush with 25 screaming Indycars heading into the turn at the green flag! worst was the year of the pouring rain and I was just around the corner of the back straight. Mario Andretti spun up against the driver's right wall...The three of us at the station, ran out on the hot track...Mario was backwards to race traffic and the road was uphill...So we used the corner workers below us...Rain pouring. I grabbed the steering wheel form Mario;s hand and we did a 5 point turn to get him turned around between the indycar traffic. Then we dug in and pushed him uphill. I yelled at the top of my lungs to select 3rd gear. We were pushing and I heard the "snick" of the transmission and then we got him moving...We were drowned rats by this time. I yelled NOW! and Mario dropped the clutch and the engine lit....He downshifted down to 1st and was off in a flash...Now the three of us were standing on a hot race track in the rain, across from our safety station...So with cars whizzing by us we climbed the chain fence and hung on looking at the upstream corner for a "pointer" to cross the track...When the point came we dropped to the road and sprinted back across the track. I made sure my workers were first and as I dove behind the wall, the left endplate of an Indycar clipped my left boot...Whew.. a very close call. Amazing, at the next race, as a result of this...Mario bought all of us the beer for the after race party..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Adam,

Yep! Spent a year one evening on the 401! Love Canada and the times we had in Toronto.... I was part of the Molson Indy for many years as an Indycar trackside official! Headed up a crew at Turn one for several years. Talk about a rush with 25 screaming Indycars heading into the turn at the green flag! worst was the year of the pouring rain and I was just around the corner of the back straight. Mario Andretti spun up against the driver's right wall...The three of us at the station, ran out on the hot track...Mario was backwards to race traffic and the road was uphill...So we used the corner workers below us...Rain pouring. I grabbed the steering wheel form Mario;s hand and we did a 5 point turn to get him turned around between the indycar traffic. Then we dug in and pushed him uphill. I yelled at the top of my lungs to select 3rd gear. We were pushing and I heard the "snick" of the transmission and then we got him moving...We were dround rats by this time. I yelled NOW! and Mario dropped the clutch and the engine lit....He downshifted down to 1st and was off in a flash...Now the three of us were standing on a hot race track in the rain, across from our safety station...So with cars whizzing by us we climbed the chain fence and hung on looking at the downstream corner for a "pointer" to cross the track...When the point came we dropped to the road and sprinted back across the track. I made sure my workers were first and as I dove behind the wall, the left endplate of an Indycar clipped my left boot...Whew.. a very close call. Amazing, at the next race, as a result of this...Mario bought all of us the beer for the after race party..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That’s a pretty cool story. I’m sure the adrenaline was pumping that day!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's another visual. It is what it is. But what Ford shows you you are getting...... isn't what you are actually getting.

What Ford Showed Us We Would Get When We drove to Laramie To Pick Up Our Ranger..

Whites University Ford Screen Shot.jpg

What We Actually Got When We Drove to Laramie and Picked Up The Ford

001.JPG

The Difference...

006 Red.jpg
Personally I don't think I'd like it in Red across the front. It'll look like a big set of lips coming at you. lol I think just the tow hooks would look great though. :)
Sponsored