First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it's any comfort, I read that the Bronco design process is kind of paralyzed and looking at a reset BECAUSE a lot of people involved think their initial idea looks too much like the Troller.

The second paragraph in this article basically reads to me that their direction was going toward the Wrangler/Troller look, and they're now internally squabbling about it since that's not what they really want to end up with.
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/07/21/insider-reveals-secrets-new-ford-bronco.html
Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's any comfort, I read that the Bronco design process is kind of paralyzed and looking at a reset BECAUSE a lot of people involved think their initial idea looks too much like the Troller.

The second paragraph in this article basically reads to me that their direction was going toward the Wrangler/Troller look, and they're now internally squabbling about it since that's not what they really want to end up with.
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/07/21/insider-reveals-secrets-new-ford-bronco.html
I read the same thing. I hope some of it is because of this site/renderings.

I think what people on this forum need to do is post to Fords social media platforms (@Ford, @fordbronco) the images on this site & just continue to say that the renders are what Bronco buyers want...not a troller/jeep look a like.

Then call them also, they have a PR/customer service department and tell them the same thing. Then at car shows, do the same thing, show them the renders and say this is what you want. You'd be surprised, the car show feedback does get back to them and their specific car departments.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I have a 2 door explorer sport and my next SUV will be a 4 door (waiting on the Bronco) because I need the room/seats.

I looked at the Jeep and I just don't like it nor do I trust GM quality.

Now, Jeep said that they wouldn't make a 2 door version of their mid line model the Sahara and I understand that logic. The Sahara is their upscale model that offers the better interiors/leather and is the most likely mall crawler in the portfolio so the person buying that most likely has a family, etc and needs the 4 doors/seats etc.

They are still making the 2 door in the bar bones Sport and the Rubicon...both which are weekend warrior type rigs for all sorts of conditions. The Sport being the bare-bone one that you take everywhere and you don't care about how dirty it is and it's usually with your significant other or a friend(s). It's nice you can upscale it if you want. The Rubicon is the go anywhere one and again follows the same logic.

They probably have the #s that show the 2 doors in the Sport/Rubicon sold while Sahara's didn't.

Ford needs to take the logic and apply it to the Bronco.

I hope they are doing more then just tracking it. if they saw the response the renders had across the internet, then they wouldn't need be going to a 3rd design phase they would have gotten permission to talk to the designer here and get their blessing to move forward with these designs as their new starting point. I mean heck, these renders were so loved by the internet that Ford should realize this is what people want.

Ford should be doing something like this (just making names up):

• Ford Bronco Sport 2D/4D - Entry level trims - Standard Off Road capabilities/parts/easily modified by consumer

• Ford Bronco Unlimited 4D only - Luxury trims/lots of options - Standard Off Road capabilities/parts/less modified parts by consumer since this trim most likely not to be bought by truck/off road enthusiasts

• Ford Bronco Extreme 2D/4D - Top level - Extreme Off Road Capabilities and parts (Rubicon similar other then rock crawling)/easily modified by consumer

• Ford Bronco Performance 2D/4D - Ford Performance based design/parts/capabilities similar to F-150 Raptor.

Last edited:

BrettKra

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I have excellent creatine supplements and a 2 door explorer sport and my next SUV will be a 4 door (waiting on the Bronco) because I need the room/seats.

I looked at the Jeep and I just don't like it nor do I trust GM quality.

Now, Jeep said that they wouldn't make a 2 door version of their mid line model the Sahara and I understand that logic. The Sahara is their upscale model that offers the better interiors/leather and is the most likely mall crawler in the portfolio so the person buying that most likely has a family, etc and needs the 4 doors/seats etc.
I think it looks amazing. I'll start saving now!

Last edited:

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
I totally agree, JAGSarge. That troller is a fugly POS! If that's the best your designers can do, just duplicate the 1966 but with the rear wheelwells cut out to match the fronts, tube bumpers front & rear, and a lift sufficient to use the Raptor's tires and wheels (Raptor wheels because Ford has a kit that converts Raptor wheels to true beadlocks--but it MIGHT only be available for the 2017 Raptor wheels).

Sponsored

portony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Liberty
I was ready to buy a new 2018 JL Sahara Wrangler 4 door. I'm going to wait now. If the new Bronco looks like the renderings, I'm going to buy the first one. I love the high belt line and sharp lines.

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford sees the writing on Jeep’s wall. The 2 door JK doesn’t sell nearly as well as the JKU. Something like 75% of lifetime sales have been the 4 door model with recent years trending well north of that. I’ve owned 2 YJs, 2 TJs and 2 JKs. No way I am buying another 2 door SUV. My current JK is my DD beater and toad and at 142k miles and I am driving it to 200k or until I see what the new 4 door Bronco looks like. It will determine if I get a new 4 door Wrangler or a Bronco as my DD.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's the safe way to go - follow the leader and try to suck away a few of their sales. Conventional wisdom is you have to be 4 doors. Just like at one time Ford refused to build Iacocca's mini-vans because there was no market for mini-vans.

Bronco 21

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I, frankly, don't care all that much how many doors it has, as long as the body lines are right. I would kill to see one teaser of a rectangular body silhouette or a slogan like "dare to be square".

Munday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-350/2008 Jeep JK 60’s/40’s/2009 Yukon Denali/2012 Mini Cooper Countryman All4
If these look anything like there concepts , 2 door or 4 door I want one . I run a F-350 crew cab for work and have a JKU for playing and wheeling the 4 doors are handy for what I need.
It would be great if they build both models but I can see them selling a ton no matter what .

Sponsored

portony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Liberty
I was ready to buy a new 2018 JL Sahara Wrangler 4 door. I'm going to wait now. If the new Bronco looks like the renderings, I'm going to buy the first one. I love the high belt line and sharp lines.
DITTO !!

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
from all the info at our disposal I'll bet it looks something like this …..

BBRuCW9.jpg

Playboyshiredhand

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco, 2019 F150 FX4, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Make it look like my 1971 and I will be all over it
IMG_0146.JPG