Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice collection there Sid. I think I can guess what the other walls look like. ;):D I have a friend who turned his garage into his man cave and he has a collection of remote and gas powered planes hanging from his ceiling. It's a really cool hobby and I've been out with him a few times flying.
Thanks Dave...I do have some RC planes but they're too big for my cave. These 1/18 planes are scale models that are pre-painted and snap together. Super cheap 20 years ago, now very hard to find on Ebay. They even made a 1/6 scale MH6 Black Bird chopper for GI Joe...the thing was super accurate and nearly 5 feet across lol...

Car and Trucks are not the only things I like to modify...this started out as a Remington 700 SPS, turned into a precision 308...
fN6EbDe.jpg

Last edited:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a portion of my 1/18 scale collection hanging from the ceiling of my man vault...I'll let you imagine what's on the other 4 walls:wink::wink:
IC2RUNE.jpg
Great collection, Sid! Yep, I'm jealous. :like:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Great collection, Sid! Yep, I'm jealous. :like:
LOL...they're just toys...I bet you have something much more substantial that I'd be jealous of:wink::)

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I hope to ride my fat bike soon too...lost traction on the rear tire on a wet wooden bridge a little over a week ago and ended up spraining my ankle pretty bad. I’ll be on the sidelines for a while. Set up a Minion FBR tubeless tonight for a more aggressive rear tire which should help in the future. Can’t ever go wrong with a Minion.

Hope your kid’s hooked on riding soon!
I’m running the 4.8” Minion FBF/FBRs and they are great tires. I plan on changing them over to tubeless but just haven’t got around to it yet! My injury is pretty lame. I accidentally kicked a chair leg and tore a ligament in one of my toes.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the 4.8” Minion FBF/FBRs and they are great tires. I plan on changing them over to tubeless but just haven’t got around to it yet! My injury is pretty lame. I accidentally kicked a chair leg and tore a ligament in one of my toes.
Sorry to hear that you screwed your foot up, especially considering it’s the perfect time to bust out the fat bikes!

After my crash I was sure I’d busted my ankle. I’d broken this ankle about 15 years ago and this hurts worse. Just happy the Doc’s X-ray showed it wasn’t broken again.

I’m running 26”x4” on my On One Fatty set up tubeless. I built this bike to be my winter bike, but I quickly discovered they’re fun on dry dirt too. Now she gets ridden year round along with my other MTBs.

I mounted up the FBR last night and it looks great...I’m pretty excited to see how it feels on the trail. I’ve got Minions on a couple of bikes and their traction is hard to beat. I was running a Maxxis Mammoth as a rear tire on my Fatty and the ass end would drift through turns at speed until the side knobs dug in...that’s what caused the recent crash on that wet, slimy bridge

DDF342E0-524A-400C-ADA7-7502F3BF324C.jpeg

378D5992-FE96-4860-9860-238C1DA70287.jpeg

9D2F3AFE-97AA-4AF1-9978-C44E1C92778B.jpeg

D59B2581-BE1F-452F-83FE-F9DFE690F45D.jpeg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
@Ol Bromy did you convert to tubeless yourself? I’ve been wanting to do it but not sure what’s all involved. I’m running 80mm mulefut rims that are supposed to be tubeless ready.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@Ol Bromy did you convert to tubeless yourself? I’ve been wanting to do it but not sure what’s all involved. I’m running 80mm mulefut rims that are supposed to be tubeless ready.
I did set it up myself. Unfortunately my wheels aren’t tubeless ready, so it’s a pain to get the beads to set when mounting a tire for the first time. I had to build up the inside of each wheel with window foam insulation tape and 2 passes of 2” Gorilla tape so that the tires fit tight enough that air doesn’t just rush out when airing them up. Did the same thing on my Surly Krampus’ wheels.

If your wheels are tubeless ready, I’m guess that Mulefuts have a nice tight rubber rim strip and your tires are relatively snug against the inside of the rim before airing them up? If they are, the best way is to thoroughly coat the tire beads and edge of the wheels with soapy water and try to air them up until you hear the loud “pop” of the bead setting. If air rushes out along the bead before you get enough air pressure in the tire to set the bead, then remove your valve cores and try to air them up with a compressor...you’ll get way more air rushing in faster with the valve cores out. Once you get the bead to set, the best and least messy way to put tubeless fluid into the tire is through the valve stems when the valve cores are still out. I use 2oz of sauce on normal MTB tires and 4oz on my 29+ and my Fatty. They make syringes that slip onto the valve stems and make that super easy.

Reinstall the valve cores and air them up to 20ish lbs. Next you gotta bounce as you rotate the tire and the shake it to get the sealant to coat the inside well. Then it’s time to ride!

There are lots of videos on the interwebs that are pretty helpful too. I’ve definitely whittled the process down to what I’ve found works best. Best of luck!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did set it up myself. Unfortunately my wheels aren’t tubeless ready, so it’s a pain to get the beads to set when mounting a tire for the first time. I had to build up the inside of each wheel with window foam insulation tape and 2 passes of 2” Gorilla tape so that the tires fit tight enough that air doesn’t just rush out when airing them up. Did the same thing on my Surly Krampus’ wheels.

If your wheels are tubeless ready, I’m guess that Mulefuts have a nice tight rubber rim strip and your tires are relatively snug against the inside of the rim before airing them up? If they are, the best way is to thoroughly coat the tire beads and edge of the wheels with soapy water and try to air them up until you hear the loud “pop” of the bead setting. If air rushes out along the bead before you get enough air pressure in the tire to set the bead, then remove your valve cores and try to air them up with a compressor...you’ll get way more air rushing in faster with the valve cores out. Once you get the bead to set, the best and least messy way to put tubeless fluid into the tire is through the valve stems when the valve cores are still out. I use 2oz of sauce on normal MTB tires and 4oz on my 29+ and my Fatty. They make syringes that slip onto the valve stems and make that super easy.

Reinstall the valve cores and air them up to 20ish lbs. Next you gotta bounce as you rotate the tire and the shake it to get the sealant to coat the inside well. Then it’s time to ride!

There are lots of videos on the interwebs that are pretty helpful too. I’ve definitely whittled the process down to what I’ve found works best. Best of luck!
Thanks for the info, I’ll hopefully have some time to give it a shot soon!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Dave...I do have some RC planes but they're too big for my cave. These 1/18 planes are scale models that are pre-painted and snap together. Super cheap 20 years ago, now very hard to find on Ebay. They even made a 1/6 scale MH6 Black Bird chopper for GI Joe...the thing was super accurate and nearly 5 feet across lol...

Car and Trucks are not the only things I like to modify...this started out as a Remington 700 SPS, turned into a precision 308...
fN6EbDe.jpg
That’s Right!!!!