DIY Fix for missing XL and XLT Engine Shroud Cover

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
DIY Fix for missing XL and XLT Engine Shroud Cover.

Known issue - Engine Shroud Cover Is Not Available on XL and XLT Trims, Only Lariats.:angry:

This cover was not put on the Ford Ranger only for aesthetics but to also muffle the injector/solenoid noise only on the Lariats engine. I just ordered all the parts and had it put it back on the engine and the engine noise was greatly reduced on my XL trim model. The parts cost was ~ $73 (cover and included nuts, washers and studs) - This cost is ridiculous but since it was taken off the lower trim models, probably to save $$$, it's well worth it to put the cover back on the Ranger by the dealer or yourself. IMHO ;)
The worst noise is the engine driven fan that makes it sound like a garbage truck. I doubt the cover helps that noise, but I will likely install it anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
The worst noise is the engine driven fan that makes it sound like a garbage truck
In my XL truck - the garbage sound goes away after the truck warms up.;)

You are in luck - I have a DiY backup beeping alarm project that will add to the sound of a garbage truck:LOL:

BTW - looks like you can obtain the cover for less than 1/2 that I paid for mine but getting the hardware at a low cost could be problematic.;)

Last edited:
OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Is this easy to put on?
The cover has only two nuts and two washers with the threaded studs mounted in two of the engine threaded holes - yes it's easy. See other parts of this topic - section 1.;)

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Rustoleum Acrylic enamel, several very light coats with lots of dry time in between. 3 weeks later it is holding up perfectly. Did not paint the underside. Probably not enough heat up that high to affect it.
nice. I need to find a can close to "Saber"

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
nice. I need to find a can close to "Saber"
I had to go back and reread the whole thread to find out what a can close to "Saber" was. LOL

Gone Blue

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 4X4 Ingot Silver
This Mustang cover on eBay from a 2018 looks different. Has anyone installed one on their Ranger? G.B.
s-l1600.jpg
Sponsored