Is Sync 3 Version 3.3 the Newest Available?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
How do I get it?
I did a quick google search as many other forums talking about it... But I'm going to wait for an official release before I install it.

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I did a quick google search as many other forums talking about it... But I'm going to wait for an official release before I install it.
I will too. I hope Ford keeps updating their technology. Before my Ranger, I owned a 2014 BMW X1. It was a great vehicle but after 2016 or so there were no updates except for the map versions. Very disappointing.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Need some expert help .. I know there are some REALLY knowledgable people on here. So, here goes...

2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat FX4... had previously done a fairly simple upgrade to Sync 3.3, build 19052 and I had a free map update from Ford to Nav 118. Other than the map version not changing in Sync 3.3 (supposedly known issue) everything was working fine...

I was hesitant about doing the next upgrade to v3.4 since it was not officially released by Ford but a lot of people have commented that it might not be released publicly, at least for the Ranger. Don't know if true but I went forward and performed the process as outlined on the f150 forum >>https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828/. I did not do the firmware updates as it was mentioned as not a requirement on the new 2019 vehicles. I performed the reformat, install and 19274 update steps. Other than Sirius/XM needing to have a refresh signal sent to the radio before it woke up, the process was fairly smooth. I did a master reset of Sync before upgrading and also rolled back the very few APIM (AsBuilt)changes I made previously with ForScan.

So what's wrong and why this post? Prior to the 3.4 upgrade and since truck was new, the Sync screen had a Climate button on the bottom menu between the Audio button and the Phone button. There were 6 buttons in total. I had added the heated seat icons to the touch screen with ForScan but reverted back to original before 3.4 upgrade. Post 3.4 upgrade, the Climate icon is gone. See attached image that shows Climate icon and heated seat icons. I can add and then remove the heated seat icons with the previous ForScan code back to Sync 3.4, but that has no effect on the Climate button restoration.

None of the ForScan settings that i have found for adding the Climate icon back work, at least for the Ranger, in 3.4 They appear to be for different versions of Synch and different vehicles. The most recent F150 excel sheet with all the ForScan settings doesn't seem to mention it. It is likely an APIM setting somewhere in the 7D0* range but I can''t get it to work.

Has anyone here had this issue? Has anyone solved it? Thanks for the help!

View attachment 27431

IMG_0812.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Odd your screen does not look like 3.4 it should be blue in color. Did you try to upload your old APIM values again, if that does not fix disconnect battery for 15 mins and check again.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Hi James, it is the old 3.3 screen in the image. I posted that to show the climate icon. The 3.4 screen is blue as you say and minus that climate icon. I did try redoing the APIM but as I mentioned the climate icon was a default in from factory, no mods done for that. It was already there. The ForScan mod I did for Climate was to put the heated seat icons on the Home Screen. That did not affect the Climate icon in any way. Disconnecting the battery causes some other issues correct? Like radio deactivation and such?

Thank you for responding to my original post.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Disconnecting battery will not cause radio deactivation but you may have to redo your channels and sound settings.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I will give that a try. Just to clarify the question in my original image upload of the Sync screen, here is the current screen from v3.4 *Note the missing Climate icon from the 3.3 image above.

Thanks!

IMG_0823.jpeg

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Ok, I will give that a try. Just to clarify the question in my original image upload of the Sync screen, here is the current screen from v3.4 *Note the missing Climate icon from the 3.3 image above.

Thanks!

IMG_0823.jpeg
1. Have you tried "swiping" the screen from right to left?
2. I can get that same screen view in 3.3, that is not the home screen...

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean? The 3.4 image shows the settings screen (screen it happened to be on when I took the pic) When I press the "Home" button to go back to the main 3.4 screen (same screen as my original v3.3 image post) the v3.4 Home screen is missing the climate icon as well. Is that what you meant or was it something else? Thank you!

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
@CoastieN70 > note that there are only 5 total icons across the bottom of the v3.4 screen image. Not 6 like the v3.3 image. No matter what function in 3.4 I select (Audio, Phone, Settings...etc) the same 5 icons appear on each screen. In 3.3 all 6 did.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Not sure what you mean? The 3.4 image shows the settings screen (screen it happened to be on when I took the pic) When I press the "Home" button to go back to the main 3.4 screen (same screen as my original v3.3 image post) the v3.4 Home screen is missing the climate icon as well. Is that what you meant or was it something else? Thank you!
I miss-understood your post. I thought you were getting the settings screen in place of the home screen. That being said if you swipe the settings screen you have more info available, sorta like swiping your phone screen...

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
LOL....the "text-lation" confusion strikes again! Yes, Settings options spans more than 1 screen, I know that at least. The "icon bar" at the bottom remains constant.

It's weird since on Lariat trim, that Sync for Climate setting is a default. There was no need to ForScan add that, it came that way from Ford. Adding the heat-seat icons to the touch screen was a ForScan mod I reversed that before the upgrade. The default Climate icon just vanished!

Here is even more weirdness... I tried the 3.4 update once before and the Climate icon vanished then too. I reverted to 3.3, 19052 and with no ForScan changing at all viola! The Climate icon was back. Waited a few months tried the 3.4 update again. The install routine from the F150 forum was "cleaner" and more stable than the one from the Russian web site, but the Climate icon still went missing. I don't get it. Thank you.

nluongo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Vehicle Showcase
Update 12-23-19 @2:50 ET:

• Battery Disconnect for 1/2 hr. Reconnect - no change. Climate icon still missing * The only thing that needed to be reset after reconnecting battery was the clock. All other settings in Sync were intact, including radio (Sirius/XM) pre-sets.
  • Reset APIM to factory ABT, no change
  • Re-applied APIM ForScan settings, no change
Anyone have any other ideas? Thank you.
Sponsored