First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Somewhere between 90 and 100 mine stops shutting off.
OMG!
I most definitely would not wanting the engine shutting off while driving at that speed...
wait a minute, you must be referring to temperature
"as you were, soldier"...lol
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's because old farts like me keep 'forgetting' to press the button until it shuts off the first time and then we cuss under our breath while we fumble around trying push that da*n button. lol
I'm with you UncleBob, this ridiculous feature is not something we older folk are not accustomed to on later vehicles so it's very easy to forget to activate before each and every drive cycle.
Now, if I can only find the spark advance adjustment, it was on the steering column on my Tin Lizzie
Darn it Ford! Where you guys hide it now?
:question:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Ok....Figured it out, I had to open the panel under the steering column, which is hinged at the bottom and exposes the fuse panel. Once this panel is out of the way the LH finish panel popped off no problem.

The instructions say:
"Remove the finish panel to the lower left side of the HVAC controls by gripping the edge with a firm grip
and gently increasing pressure to release the 6 fasteners. There is an alignment dowel molded into the
plastic in the upper right corner, so be sure to only pull straight back in this area."

What they dont say at all as (you can see in the pictures), the finish panel is retained by a seventh clip that is part of the under steering wheel trim panel. So before you pull on the lower left finish panel OPEN the trim panel under the steering wheel by gently pulling it towards the driver and it will hinge down freeing the lower left finish panel.

The right finish panel was as instructed with six fasteners and is not interference fit. It was easy to remove if you open the glove box to help bring it off straight back.

I apologize for bumping an old thread, but the installation video looks like a 2 minute job with only 1 panel to snap off. What's up with what looks like about 30 extra steps and extra panels? Is it because you have the 300a equipment group package? I have the 301a equipment group so maybe the video method might work for me.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was planning to buy an eliminator, but from this forum I've decided to venture into ForScan not only to eliminate auto stop/start (ASS, if you will...lol) but to customize other vehicle body functions on my soon to be arriving 2020 SuperCab.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer

I apologize for bumping an old thread, but the installation video looks like a 2 minute job with only 1 panel to snap off. What's up with what looks like about 30 extra steps and extra panels? Is it because you have the 300a equipment group package? I have the 301a equipment group so maybe the video method might work for me.
Bumping my own thread. The center console panel doesn't want to come off, and if I try harder I am likely to break some tabs. That must be why the instructions have been amended to add the other steps to remove the other panels. The tabs in the back have to be pulled up, not angled up to pop out.

The vendor should really remove or update the video though if it doesn't really work well.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping my own thread. The center console panel doesn't want to come off, and if I try harder I am likely to break some tabs. That must be why the instructions have been amended to add the other steps to remove the other panels. The tabs in the back have to be pulled up, not angled up to pop out.

The vendor should really remove or update the video though if it doesn't really work well.
Hi Z

I just popped off the center panel. It will come off Took me all of 15 minutes to install. Good Luck! BTW...I do have plastic Trim removal tools to keep from marring the trim.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the info. To clarify, I can snap off the panel on the rear side of the truck as shown in the video, but when I stick my hand under there to pop the rest up, they don't want to pop up.

Would it help to stick a removal tool under the sides to pop those up also? I have some removal tools but I wouldn't say my panel removal tool collection is awesome.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. To clarify, I can snap off the panel on the rear side of the truck as shown in the video, but when I stick my hand under there to pop the rest up, they don't want to pop up.

Would it help to stick a removal tool under the sides to pop those up also? I have some removal tools but I wouldn't say my panel removal tool collection is awesome.
Hi Z,

Yep! Come in from the sides...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I was planning to buy an eliminator, but from this forum I've decided to venture into ForScan not only to eliminate auto stop/start (ASS, if you will...lol) but to customize other vehicle body functions on my soon to be arriving 2020 SuperCab.
That's what I did, it's super easy and indeed, it allows you to make some more changes. Like for example turn off that horrible double honk when you leave the car for a second while having it run. I always hated that with my Explorer, and am super happy it is turned off now.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Got my autostop eliminator today. Less than an hour to install. Works as advertised. No more trying to remember to push the button every time i start up. Autostop eliminator.com. Use code AUTOVLOG for an extra 10% off. Total $76.

IMG_20190603_121052672.jpg
LED Nightlight in the Rear 110 outlet does the same thing for $3.00!

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
LED Nightlight in the Rear 110 outlet does the same thing for $3.00!
Hehehe I I did consider that but I think my daughter would be banging the hell out of it with her boots.

I'm very surprised however that the minimal current load in that plug is enough to tell the computer that it should disable the auto stop-start system.

TX-Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab 2wd Lightning Blue/302A package/trailer tow/spray in bedliner
Works surprisingly well. My dog has knocked my Glade plug-in out and it was a surprise when the autostop kicked in. You have a more permanent solution.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Genuine question from someone not very knowledgeable with engines; why do this? Why is the ASS system so bad?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Genuine question from someone not very knowledgeable with engines; why do this? Why is the ASS system so bad?
Some find it annoying, some feel it’s extra wear on the engine, some just like to buy stuff for their new truck. :)

Dropper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, F350 soon to be ranger owner
picked up truck today drove it home 40 mins from dealer. first thing i bought when i got home. holy crap that is annoying as hell listening to it start back up. Also i did a 3 point turn in dealer lot to get out and i stopped long enough for it to shut off and restart. lame feature so glad i ordered one. I thought about forscan but opted for the autostop eliminator plug in.
Sponsored