Silly and/or useful hacks

jssranger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Has anyone replaced the camera housing ? I have ordered new painted logos and housing and didn't know the difficulty of removing
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone replaced the camera housing ? I have ordered new painted logos and housing and didn't know the difficulty of removing
Yes, BUT once you get off the emblem and housing, be very careful removing the camera. Same putting it in the new one. The plastic clips that hold it in are very fragile. Ask me how I know. And I was gentle as a kitten.

jssranger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Yes, BUT once you get off the emblem and housing, be very careful removing the camera. Same putting it in the new one. The plastic clips that hold it in are very fragile. Ask me how I know. And I was gentle as a kitten.
Once you pry off the logo is the housing held on by two bolts in front or do you have to remove from the back panel behind the logo? Are there any videos available for this and the front grill logo that anyone knows of?

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Once you pry off the logo is the housing held on by two bolts in front or do you have to remove from the back panel behind the logo? Are there any videos available for this and the front grill logo that anyone knows of?
2 screws. Whole rear should take no more than 10-15 mins imho.
Front, some say you have to remove grill. Not really. Depends how big your arm is and flexible. You have to take top shrouds off and worse case, take top 2 grill bolts out to give you a little more wiggle room. Forget the nut sizes but a small deep socket should get you in. Cheap nuts on plastic posts. Don't strip them. Thought I had a better shot but thats one of them.

behindemblem800.jpg

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Fr
If only there was a way to turn the backup camera on while moving forward, then we (those that drive forward into the garage) could use the OP's clever 'docking spot'.
Front Sensors work just fine! Green is close enough for my needs.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Parking laser is quite neat, but I found something else to do the same job :). Just a bag full of sand. My garage is quite tight, I have an inch on both sides of the ranger when parked, otherwise can't close the door.
You'll never trip over the laser spot. But a 2x4 or Bag of sand will be sure to trip you up at some point!

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Yes and no. Yes you have to remove most of the front grill to get at the two bolts in behind. But no you do not go through the access panel on the back of the tailgate. For the tailgate nameplate just use two plastic prybar tools and slowly work in between and it fairly easily pops off.
There's actually a notch on the underside that will accept a small flat blade screwdriver. I saw it AFTER I removed the badge my way :)

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this, I picked one up for myself and so far I love it. I pointed both lasers at my truck and was thinking about picking another one up for my Mustang or maybe ill share a laser with it down the road :).
A04E4C0A-7EED-472B-8FFA-F5264F250541.jpeg
I think the 2nd one should aim at the center of the front passenger seat, just don't share that info with the passenger until you pull in and the laser becomes a designator ??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think the 2nd one should aim at the center of the front passenger seat, just don't share that info with the passenger until you pull in and the laser becomes a designator ??
Considering what's going on around some parts of the country (riots) you might be cleaning up a mess in that passengers seat. lol ? ?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Or a bullet hole in you W/S. ?

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Make sure the camera delay is turned on. Get really close to where you think you should be, put it in reverse to activate the camera and adjust accordingly. The delay should be on long enough (yes, even in drive for those that don't know) to make necessary corrections.
I live at the end of a cul-de-sac. I use the camera delay do confirm my garage door is closing as I drive away after driving away from leaving the house.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Stop with the Gee Whiz gadgets and do it the Ohio Hillbilly way and save money for beer.;)
#1. Put your trash can(s) in front/back so just pulling/backing up to it will tell you to stop.
#2. Tie a red flag around a top of a shovel, on the side wall, and when you can see it on the side just stop.
#3. Get some duck tape/sharpie and make a target, on the side wall, and when you can see it on the side just stop.
Warning - Do not allow your wife or kids to move the shovel or trash cans or you better call the drywall man.
IMHO - In my Hillbilly opinion:blush:
My wife likes to put the garbage cans on the side of the garage to make an obstacle course and keep things interesting. Then when people miss, (of course I never have) we get to add some more custom pinstriping. Those metal handles can leave a surprisingly strong impression. Luckily this is our ugly duckling car and no one cares what it looks like. If we ever end up parking the Ranger in there I’m gonna put my foot down and demand The hillbilly arrangement.
Sponsored