Fordpass Alarm Triggered Detected Hood Opened

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Got my first alarm triggered on the FordPass app but its head scratcher. I was in the mall came out to check on car and all looks good. What's tripping me out is if the alarm is indeed accurate how in the can somebody just freely open up my hood? Makes me wonder how accurate the alarm is. Has anything like this happened to any of you?
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got my first alarm triggered on the FordPass app but its head scratcher. I was in the mall came out to check on car and all looks good. What's tripping me out is if the alarm is indeed accurate how in the can somebody just freely open up my hood? Makes me wonder how accurate the alarm is. Has anything like this happened to any of you?
Maybe it's just typo but I don't understand what you're asking...

" if the alarm is indeed accurate how in the can somebody just freely open up my hood?"

OP
OP

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Maybe it's just typo but I don't understand what you're asking...

" if the alarm is indeed accurate how in the can somebody just freely open up my hood?"
sorry it's unclear. My concern is if it wasn't a false alarm then how does a person open my hood without popping it from inside?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Was your hood closed and latched and when returned to your truck? If it was, then it was a false alarm I would think. If it was unlatched, perhaps it wasn't latched properly and came ajar while driving. I think the car will not lock with hood open maybe?

OP
OP

LaKings

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Was your hood closed and latched and when returned to your truck? If it was, then it was a false alarm I would think. If it was unlatched, perhaps it wasn't latched properly and came ajar while driving. I think the car will not lock with hood open maybe?
Yes the hood was completely shut and latched but you make a good point about it coming ajar while driving. Yesterday i was changing out light bulbs and had the hood open for a while. When i was done i probably didn't shut it hard enough (even though the sensor telling me the hood being ajarred wasn't on).

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I had the hood pop loose on the highway. I had had it open and probably didn't close it hard, and there was icing that may have contributed. Your may have been just loose enough
Sponsored