Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Thanks for sharing the thread.
I just got my truck back from having the OEM hitch installed. Was told it would be the same as the truck on the lot with the 7 pin and 4 pin mount in the bumper. Got it back after them having it for TWO DAYS and no 7 pin or 4 pin in the bumper.
This has been a clown show from the start when I bought the truck waiting on the hitch.
The sales manager said he asked about the bumper mount and was told it wasn't needed.
I realiz that but was told it would look the same as factory.
Plus my bumper has scratches on it now and the 4 pin light plug was just left hanging in the wind!!
But wait there's more!!!
The General Manager says he's going to order the plug and wire bundel.
So I leave and stop at the grocery store. Unlock my truck and try to open the tailgate and it won't on lock with the key fob. I thought that's crazy! Get in the truck to leave and no back up camera . Go back to the Ford dealership and bring everyone I could find out to the truck made the G.M. get in and out it in reverse.
He's puzzled. I crawl under the truck and the factory wire bundle is unplugged!!!
So now I'm wondering what else did the tech do half way!!
I'm in aviation and I can't do anything half way.
So I feel like no one else should!
So just had to vent!!!
Sponsored

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
Thanks for sharing the thread.
I just got my truck back from having the OEM hitch installed. Was told it would be the same as the truck on the lot with the 7 pin and 4 pin mount in the bumper. Got it back after them having it for TWO DAYS and no 7 pin or 4 pin in the bumper.
This has been a clown show from the start when I bought the truck waiting on the hitch.
The sales manager said he asked about the bumper mount and was told it wasn't needed.
I realiz that but was told it would look the same as factory.
Plus my bumper has scratches on it now and the 4 pin light plug was just left hanging in the wind!!
But wait there's more!!!
The General Manager says he's going to order the plug and wire bundel.
So I leave and stop at the grocery store. Unlock my truck and try to open the tailgate and it won't on lock with the key fob. I thought that's crazy! Get in the truck to leave and no back up camera . Go back to the Ford dealership and bring everyone I could find out to the truck made the G.M. get in and out it in reverse.
He's puzzled. I crawl under the truck and the factory wire bundle is unplugged!!!
So now I'm wondering what else did the tech do half way!!
I'm in aviation and I can't do anything half way.
So I feel like no one else should!
So just had to vent!!!
Sounds super similar to the shit show I experienced when getting my OEM hitch installed as part of my purchase

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Sounds super similar to the shit show I experienced when getting my OEM hitch installed as part of my purchase
I just can't get over the way they just left things undone and it took two days to do it half ass!!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't get over the way they just left things undone and it took two days to do it half ass!!
Hi Gerald,

Sad experience for you. Dealers are not part of the Factory and as such do shoddy work in some cases. We found most dealers are trying to do the right thing...but not all. I told my engineers that we had to do the job right out of the box and keep the vehicle out of the dealership after purchase... When it comes to mods....it is a different story....Please remember this is not Ford, but an independent business under the Ford banner.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Gguillory

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford rangerGerald
Hi Gerald,

Sad experience for you. Dealers are not part of the Factory and as such do shoddy work in some cases. We found most dealers are trying to do the right thing...but not all. I told my engineers that we had to do the job right out of the box and keep the vehicle out of the dealership after purchase... When it comes to mods....it is a different story....Please remember this is not Ford, but an independent business under the Ford banner.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I completely understand that it's not Ford. I have my fingers crossed that I don't have to push to hard to get my issues fixed. The G.M. says he doesn't want to loose me as a customer. I've bought three new vehicles from them over the past six months. The sales people, sales manager and G.M. are good people. The service department and parts department need some help with understanding that the customer is the reason they have a place to earn a pay check.
I'm hoping I don't find anything else.

Hannah

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 ranger

mransr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT Convertible
The one I got from Tasca worked fine. You have to trim a different outline in the plastic trim piece than what is embossed on it or modify the mounting clips on the plug, but it works and looks exactly like to OEM installed ones.

Hannah

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2029 ranger
The one I got from Tasca worked fine. You have to trim a different outline in the plastic trim piece than what is embossed on it or modify the mounting clips on the plug, but it works and looks exactly like to OEM installed ones.
thanks

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Hello. Are there directions or a write-up somewhere on how to remove the OEM tow hitch/package from the vehicle? My Ranger came with one installed, but I would very much like to remove it so that it would fit better into my garage. Tight squeeze, I know, but that extra bit really would make a difference.

I counted 4 bolts, but i'm seeing things on this thread about harnesses, plugs and how the OEM is mounted differently than aftermarket hitches. I tried reverse engineering YouTube install videos. I just want to to do it "right" and by the book so to speak. Is it a one person job? After my first attempt, i know i'll be needing to rent an impact wrench! Thanks.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Hello. Are there directions or a write-up somewhere on how to remove the OEM tow hitch/package from the vehicle? My Ranger came with one installed, but I would very much like to remove it so that it would fit better into my garage. Tight squeeze, I know, but that extra bit really would make a difference.

I counted 4 bolts, but i'm seeing things on this thread about harnesses, plugs and how the OEM is mounted differently than aftermarket hitches. I tried reverse engineering YouTube install videos. I just want to to do it "right" and by the book so to speak. Is it a one person job? After my first attempt, i know i'll be needing to rent an impact wrench! Thanks.
The tow package bumper and all is a different one compared to the non-tow package bumper mounting.

Did you happen to see the install instructions in post #46 on this thread? https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-4#post-27909
Sponsored