Auto Climate Control Heat?

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Hi. I Tried searching other threads, appears other people are figuring out how this auto climate works ideally as well! Thou I could not find my exact answer. When on Auto, heat only comes out at the feet, nothing coming out main vents. In Manual mode heat works fine out main vents. Is this normal in Auto mode? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
IIRC, heat also comes out of the defrost vents. This is ideal IMO because auto should be bringing the cabin up (or down) to the desired ambient temperature rather than just blasting you in the face with air. My wife hates the auto setting in her ā€˜17 explorer because of this. She prefers to feel the air hitting her than just having the cabin sitting at the desired temp.
Myself, on the other hand, I much prefer auto and canā€™t stand to feel the heat on my face.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I like mine set on auto when it's cold out I start My Ranger 5 to 10 minutes before I leave and the heat is starting to come up clearing the windshield and my feet stay warm.

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Mine on auto always runs the ac when trying to get heat. I donā€™t get it...

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I think the AC compressor runs when it is defogging/defrosting the windows. It does that, when needed, when the HVAC is in auto mode.
Well then it thinks I have constant foggy windows...

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
If you are using the auto setting, but prefer to change where the air is coming out, you can do that, but it will still automatically control the fan based on your set temp.

OP
OP

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
If you are using the auto setting, but prefer to change where the air is coming out, you can do that, but it will still automatically control the fan based on your set temp.
How do you change where is coming from on Auto, I cannot figure it out!

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
How do you change where is coming from on Auto, I cannot figure it out!
On my Lariat, I have to use the climate controls right on the SYNC screen in order to change the airflow direction. But it will still automatically control the fan.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
On my Lariat, I have to use the climate controls right on the SYNC screen in order to change the airflow direction. But it will still automatically control the fan.
You can control fan speed on Sync screen too.

OP
OP

IdriveG5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
Thanks. Maybe only the Lariat allows you to do this. I tried that on mine, but as soon as I pick the vents to use, it takes it off Auto.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I think the AC compressor runs when it is defogging/defrosting the windows. It does that, when needed, when the HVAC is in auto mode.
It does, to dry the air. I'm not sure if it operates exactly like my Colorado, but if it does, there is a moisture sensor and the compressor will turn on and off as required to keep thinks from going up. The AC light will stay on even though the compressor may not actually be running at the time.

Deleted member 1634

Thanks. Maybe only the Lariat allows you to do this. I tried that on mine, but as soon as I pick the vents to use, it takes it off Auto.
It takes that off auto, but I think it still maintains the fan speed and temperature to auto. If I remember correctly on the Climate screen, when you change the direction, it still shows the speed as being auto. The physical light on the center stack will turn off, but it'll be still partially auto. I could be wrong though, I don't usually mess with that stuff.

I have an XLT with Sync 3 by the way.
Sponsored