First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I am not very bright about these tech issues, but on my phone in the lower right corner there is a setting wheel and it takes you to your account and settings were you can change several things including measures on that app you can change to kilometers miles or what have you. Or have you already found it?
This is the 12th and still getting acquainted with this 5G site, I have sync 3 so I don't know if it is different than sync or not on Ford pass, I just ojt the thing I do with these tech things.
Good day,
Levi
Oh, we know where that setting is. The problem is that the app doesn't accept the changes. For the life of me, ci cannot figure out why Google won't let us roll back our apps. So many times an update comes out for something and for whatever reason, it doesn't work correctly. It would be really nice to be able to roll back the app until a fixed version comes out. I know that if I went hunting for it, I could download the previous version, but sometimes those other app store apps come with built in "features" (spyware) that no one wants.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh, we know where that setting is. The problem is that the app doesn't accept the changes. For the life of me, ci cannot figure out why Google won't let us roll back our apps. So many times an update comes out for something and for whatever reason, it doesn't work correctly. It would be really nice to be able to roll back the app until a fixed version comes out. I know that if I went hunting for it, I could download the previous version, but sometimes those other app store apps come with built in "features" (spyware) that no one wants.

Apple does the same thing. They had a new IOS 13 come out and within 2 days there was already update 13.1 to fix the original one and a few weeks later 13.2. I usually don't do the updates right away because they always seem to make a mess of all the apps I like/need to use.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I just use my phone the way Matt at Ontario auto ranch in Ontario Oregon set it up for me, it took about 2 or 3 days for it to work and I have not changed a thing on my phone. Do not use google only what Matt put on my phone, I do have access to google but do not attempt to use it as far as Ford pass is concerned and nothing has changed on my phone so far anyway. Once in a while it is slow and have to restart it but that is all, it recovers fast when I click on restart or, ect...
24 October is when the phone was setup and two or three days later it started working it works about 99.5 % of the time perfectly.
Thanks for telling me the problems you have with updates ,google does tell me updates are available but I never apply them or not yet anyway and from the sounds of it ,if I do ,things may change.
Levi

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I love it for free though it can be glitchy and dont trust leaving key in it when im at the bar and using phone exclusively. Its also kinda slow and they need to have a personal/preferred oil change mileage override for custom reminder. Its a good starting point that I hope will get better over the next year.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Finally they answered my question

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting the FordPass team. My name is Raymond and as your Guide, I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry!

Is this inquiry in regards to FordPass Vehicle Controls? If so, yes. Vehicle Controls - remote start, lock, location, etc. - is now complimentary to all present and future FordPass Members. This includes Members in Canada.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Does the head unit update automatic?
My Colorado would have a pop up do you want to install update now..
The Colorado system was nice.

The Ford app seems to do a little more but seems a little slow and clunky.
Maybe once I get used to it.
I have had issues with the website side of it on the PC too..
I wish Ford would have moved some stuff off the productivity screen too and added it to the head unit or at least both.
My points are unassailable though and it says speak to a Ford guide. Weird.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I love it for free though it can be glitchy and dont trust leaving key in it when im at the bar and using phone exclusively. Its also kinda slow and they need to have a personal/preferred oil change mileage override for custom reminder. Its a good starting point that I hope will get better over the next year.
That is exactly how I feel.
It does not feel like Ford was ready to roll this out especially on the website. It is glitchy and wont let me log in with Chrome sometimes which is the number one browser by far. I have to use Edge which is not even supported anymore.

Ford is a large enough company to hire so pretty good people to fix this stuff..

Sync 3 is one of the must have things for me when I bought the truck. I loved the Chevy app on my Colorado it just worked and was very intuitive.

Ford has the right idea for sure, I just hope they work out the bugs..
I had sync on our escape and our Focus and didnt really care for it but Sync 3 sounded awsume.

Last edited:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Is there a way to unlock this feature through Forscan if the vehicle did not come with Ford Pass?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I had to pay $15/month in my Jeep for the equivalent of Ford Pass. The nice thing was talk to text which the Ranger doesn't have...?
Are you referring to the text you get on your phone while driving, because I can listen to the text while driving, I have listened to at least two texts I never attempt to reply though

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Are you referring to the text you get on your phone while driving, because I can listen to the text while driving, I have listened to at least two texts I never attempt to reply though
Yes to reply with voice to text you have to be on Android Auto, Sync can't do it
Sponsored