Uncomfortable

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
That dash that they quoted is the XLT dash, not the lariat dash. 2 analog gauges (Tach & Speedo) with an LCD in the middle...
Well, disregard - you’re absolutely right, I didn’t look hard enough at the picture.

I’ll eat that mistake; as I was. :facepalm:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I like flouncy. You can see the bouncy.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
by bouncy do they mean the front, rear, or the whole truck? I agree that the rear, especially when hitting bumps on a corner can be bouncy/chatter but its very hard to get a leaf spring rear end to not do that unless you have really good shock absorbers. The Fx4's are decent but designed to work best with a load. More expensive shocks have external reservoirs and they have more passages inside and you can also add more or less washers on top of the ifp(internal floating piston) and get a really good combination that fits your weight and driving situation. These better shocks also can have adjustments which can adjust how fast the shock is released and/or how stiff it is. I haven't rebuilt many truck shocks but the high end ones in my experience, are pretty much identical to snowmobile/atv shocks and I have rebuilt/adjusted hundreds of them. With good aftermarket shocks it will feel like a completely different truck.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
its the description of "bouncy" that causes confusion.
seems very subjective to each person
agree. at almost 6k now it has settled in and ive gotten more use to it.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Mine also says 35 for my tires. I have had my tires below 35 for a bit it didn't feel good at all to me (plus they looked saggy imho). It seems the sweet spot for me personally (it really all is a personal opinion in the end) is between 35 and 38. My car has the 17" wheels from the sport package.
same here 4x4 xlt 17" sport less ticky tacky rear bed stickers i took off.
imo radials always look saggy..at 65 psi they would still look a bit like that..
in the end whatever works for each individual.
BTW 2.5" leveling lift in front and steel boards, I like the minimalist look..

20190922_113724.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
In 1984 when they introduced the Tempo, I bought a bright red TRX 5SPD, it would out handle a 3 series BMW.
It was a thrill to drive and and rock solid reliable. The car was on par with the Mercedes 190E in quality, style,and performance.
At 160,000 miles it was the victim of a 16 YO driver who ran a stop sign.
Great car!
We had a couple more of them in the family over time for the kids to drive, neither was a TRX though.
I was a ford dealer mechanic during the tempo years and I can confirm that they were reliable cars with no major defects.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I had a Mercury Topaz 5speed coupe which correct me if I'm wrong, is the Mercury version of the Tempo. I had T4 turbo hooked up on it and it was an absolute beast being how light the car was. Mine also had the Vulcan V6 rather than the 4 cylinder. IDK if the coupe also came with a 4 cyl or not.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I had a Mercury Topaz 5speed coupe which correct me if I'm wrong, is the Mercury version of the Tempo. I had T4 turbo hooked up on it and it was an absolute beast being how light the car was. Mine also had the Vulcan V6 rather than the 4 cylinder. IDK if the coupe also came with a 4 cyl or not.
2.3L HSC pushrod 4CYL.
Every 5th car on the Tempo line at the KC plant was a Topaz in '84.
I assume your V6, lived long and prospered...
th?id=OIP.jpg

fordyken

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat sport 501a
Occupation
Orange County fleet maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

I can not for the life of me find a comfortable seating position at all.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

Lariat supercrew leather 2WD

:(
sorry to hear it, ive had a few trucks, small medium and large and this ranger is by far the most comfortable and positioned perfectly to the dash and steering wheel.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I have a 2016 Canyon SLT and the seats are way too narrow. I'm not a big guy and they're not wide enough for me.

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
It's true that different tire\wheel setups have different air pressure requirements. Super Crew with the FX4, LT265/65/R17 Hankooks. App and door jam say 38 is cold temp psi on mine. I run them at 35 psi for personal preference, a bit more comfy.
Sponsored