Pet Peeves

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Beat this one ...a Ford Pass app that has a tire pressure gauge with a message that reads "Do not use as a tire pressure gauge"
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Beat this one ...a Ford Pass app that has a tire pressure gauge with a message that reads "Do not use as a tire pressure gauge"
Honestly, you're not supposed to use any TPMS as a replacement for physically checking the tire pressure with an actual gauge. It's always been that way.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
CYA is a thing. You'll never, ever, find anyone to sue to recover a dime from a defective pencil gauge, but a carmaker...

Rene Michaels

First Name
SOLD IT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Honestly, you're not supposed to use any TPMS as a replacement for physically checking the tire pressure with an actual gauge. It's always been that way.
Agreed, but why bother putting it on the app if it's useless?

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Agreed, but why bother putting it on the app if it's useless?
Its not useless.. it tells you the tire pressure. You are confusing definitions of legal obligations from an automaker and common sense. If you get out a pressure gauge and check the pressure guess what.. it says the same thing. Its a convenience more than anything to know if you have a flat tire before get to the truck. I was able to tell when the tire shop was changing my tires because I watched the psi from the app.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are some instances where it's not correct. That's all I'm saying. To me, the reason TPMS exist is the same reason "idiot lights" exist on modern cars. Without them, people would have no clue what's going on with their vehicles since they won't exercise a single bit of maintenance initiative.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are some instances where it's not correct. That's all I'm saying. To me, the reason TPMS exist is the same reason "idiot lights" exist on modern cars. Without them, people would have no clue what's going on with their vehicles since they won't exercise a single bit of maintenance initiative.
Completely agree, some people are not capable of comprehending tire pressure in any capacity. However, I use the tire pressure gauge in the truck to see what my tires are at when off road. Cold mornings ill have 19 psi and mid day it can get over 25 and ill use that to decide when i need to air up or down dependent on the terrain. Its a huge bonus for my use case.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Completely agree, some people are not capable of comprehending tire pressure in any capacity. However, I use the tire pressure gauge in the truck to see what my tires are at when off road. Cold mornings ill have 19 psi and mid day it can get over 25 and ill use that to decide when i need to air up or down dependent on the terrain. Its a huge bonus for my use case.
This is off-road driving only? I've never had that much change in tire pressure with extended highway driving!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is off-road driving only? I've never had that much change in tire pressure with extended highway driving!
Yeah in elevations from 12,000 down to 6,000 it will fluctuate a lot. Some tires that are exposed to the sun will be in larger differences where the side without sun will be cold still. Temps range from 30-40 in the summer at night to mid 80s-90s in the day. Combine all of it and it makes for a wide range of tire pressures throughout a trip.

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Of course, why would you use the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to monitor tire pressure, you'd have to be some kind of crazy person.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course, why would you use the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to monitor tire pressure, you'd have to be some kind of crazy person.
Sarcasm aside, I'm fairly certain you're completely able to understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I love it but there are a few things, most have been said. Feel like these are nit picky but they are things I’d like to see improved next gen.

1. No 60/40 split rear bench
  2. No lay flat back seat
  3. Window control position aren’t super natural
  4. Passenger window control from master panel isn’t auto up/down
  5. Power fold side mirrors (on my lariat) arent auto open close
  6. No power recline / memory position
  7. Rear Window is manual
  8. No power option on bed without drop in liner
  9. No damped tailgate

Ron Heritage

First Name
Roniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Has anyone noticed that when they crank the temperature up to high that the screen greets you with a friendly 'hi' instead of letting you know it's set on 'high'?
20191207_182448.jpg
Sponsored