Thoughts after owning 6 months and 6,000 miles

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Besides having it in right now for a taillight brake light issue. The Ranger has been a great ride. Have gotten used to the bouncy ride. Looks great! Have hauled a full boxload of dirt and dont even feel it. Quality of paint, fit, and finish is excellent. Love the adaptive cruise control! Coming from a from a f150 and wanting something smaller the size of the Ranger is perfect. Wish it had rubber flooring instead of carpet very hard to keep clean when you do alot of outdoor activities. Only thing wish I had the crewcab the truck looks better with the supercab but the backseat is just too small. The larger bed is a must though so I guess everything is a trade off. Being a Ford retiree (fantastic company to work for) maybe makes me biased but would definitely buy again!
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Wish it had rubber flooring
Get you some full coverage mats from Husky or WeatherTech, makes clean up easy and protects carpet pretty well

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
In almost 8 months and almost 9000 miles, here are my thoughts:
  • The back seat design (although still kind of stupid) has not been an issue at all for me - it would be nice to have more storage under/behind the rear seat, but it seems like good compromises were made - I still like the fact that everything is tucked up within the frame rails, which I know contributes to less space under the seat.
  • The short bed (5') has not been an issue for me - I was worried about that and it was one of the key compromises I made - I have a bed extender and it has worked very well to accommodate longer loads
  • Had people not talked so much about being "bouncy" I would never have known, but I have come to understand it on some roads - it doesn't bother me in the least - I think the ride on this truck is exceptional - much better than any other truck I've owned.
  • The center console stack which some people complained about - I have come to understand some of the complaints, although I don't really have issues with it. But the buttons are kind of small. The nice thing is that you can pull up the Climate screen on display and it is much more user friendly.
  • I LOVE the engine and transmission and the power this truck has along with the smooth shifting transmission - every time I mash the pedal it brings a smile to my face - this is probably my favorite feature of this truck.
  • I LOVE the adaptive cruise
  • I LOVE the auto high beams (took me a while to get used to them)
  • This is a great road trip truck. I've taken a few longer trips in it (> 200 miles in a day), and it is very comfortable to drive and to ride in.
  • If I had it to do all over again, I would order EXACTLY what I did this time - that one statement makes me very happy - I did a lot of research on different trucks and once I settled on the Ranger I spent a lot of time figuring out which model and options to order.
  • The oil change controversy is not a big deal at all - The oil is easier to change than in my wife's C-Max.
  • The truck is not perfect (no vehicle is), but I couldn't be happier with my purchase and it has exceeded my expectations.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
4 months and 3400 miles and I'm extremely happy with my Ranger and I'd have to say this is the best truck I've ever owned. Not that my F150's were bad but like any vehicle technology and features have improved significantly over the years and this is by far the most technological truck I've ever owned. I never felt the "bounce" some talk about but maybe I'm just use to it as all my F150's had the Fx4 package. The seating position is very comfortable,the fit/finish IMHO is excellent and the powertrain is unbelievably smooth although coming from a Tacoma the bar wasn't set all that high. :LOL: Sure there are a few pet peeves but all in all I am extremely happy I bought my Ranger now instead of waiting until 2020 like I had originally planned.

Last edited:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
OK I will chime in here. 6 months and 3700 miles, I am very pleased with the Ranger. I looked at Tacos and Colorados but they just didn't fit me, seat and cab wise. I sat in the Ranger at the LA auto show last year so i knew that i could fit and it was comfortable. The powertrain has no comparable equal with any midsize truck. Smooth powerful engine, quick shifting 10 speed trans and good MPG are a no brainer. My supercrew is quiet riding and solid with no rattles or road or wind noise. I get compliments on the design and color a lot. Overall I am quite happy.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I also did alot of research and waiting on my Ranger. I got exactly what I wanted (plus some thanks to my husband:)). I know some people have some issues with theirs and I hate that for them. But for ME, my Ranger IS perfect (taillight recall & all)! I honestly like everything about it. :sun:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Not yet 2000 miles in almost 5 months. Happy, would buy same again. Only complaint is braking which seems to have both a lot of pedal travel and only average stopping power. I drove an Edge 120 miles back from auction and the brakes on it will put you thru the windshield in comparison. Wife's 16 Accord and the old Lexus I sold to make room for the Ranger also orders of magnitude better.

CHenry

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT - FX4, 2015 VW Jetta, 2014 HD Roadking
Occupation
Retired
I purchased my 2019 Ranger SuperCrew/ FX4 in August, I only have around 3K on it, I traded my 2009
Ranger FX4 and what a difference..... More power, better gas mileage, plenty of room, I have also owned
two F150's and a Dodge ram 1500.............this truck is great !!!

The only gripes I have is a non-folding "flat " rear seat, and the brakes are a little soft for my liking, I'll have
them looked at, when it goes in for service other than that no issues, it still puts a smile on my face.

Two of my friends have 2019 Tacoma's, and one is already complaining about the gas mileage, one more
friend has 2019 Colorado, they are all nice but there is no comparison to my Ranger.........

I believe Ford did this one right !!!

bemisgt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2004 Ranger Edge 4x4,
Besides having it in right now for a taillight brake light issue. The Ranger has been a great ride. Have gotten used to the bouncy ride. Looks great! Have hauled a full boxload of dirt and dont even feel it. Quality of paint, fit, and finish is excellent. Love the adaptive cruise control! Coming from a from a f150 and wanting something smaller the size of the Ranger is perfect. Wish it had rubber flooring instead of carpet very hard to keep clean when you do alot of outdoor activities. Only thing wish I had the crewcab the truck looks better with the supercab but the backseat is just too small. The larger bed is a must though so I guess everything is a trade off. Being a Ford retiree (fantastic company to work for) maybe makes me biased but would definitely buy again!
I put Husky liners in mine. Good coverage and fit perfectly.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
4 months 6 k miles. nothing to complain about (except my wife taking it to much) I enjoy it everytime I drive!! really enjoy the remote start from inside my work a block away from the truck!!

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Not yet 2000 miles in almost 5 months. Happy, would buy same again. Only complaint is braking which seems to have both a lot of pedal travel and only average stopping power. I drove an Edge 120 miles back from auction and the brakes on it will put you thru the windshield in comparison. Wife's 16 Accord and the old Lexus I sold to make room for the Ranger also orders of magnitude better.
OEM's usually cheap out on brake system. Look at swapping front rotors for a set of slotted & dimpled EBC rotors, and swap all pads for Hawk LTS. You'll then notice braking is way better.

Hint about EBC. Look for a set that is made in the UK (or at least the blanks are cast in UK). The castings from UK seem to be a lot better than castings done in other countries. Many of the EBC rotors are cast in UK and then final machined in Las Vegas.

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
I purchased my 2019 Ranger SuperCrew/ FX4 in August, I only have around 3K on it, I traded my 2009
Ranger FX4 and what a difference..... More power, better gas mileage, plenty of room, I have also owned
two F150's and a Dodge ram 1500.............this truck is great !!!

The only gripes I have is a non-folding "flat " rear seat, and the brakes are a little soft for my liking, I'll have
them looked at, when it goes in for service other than that no issues, it still puts a smile on my face.

Two of my friends have 2019 Tacoma's, and one is already complaining about the gas mileage, one more
friend has 2019 Colorado, they are all nice but there is no comparison to my Ranger.........

I believe Ford did this one right !!!
Tell your friend to put a Rotrex on his Tacoma, then you'll be wanting to trade him ;)

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
11 months and 13k miles in. Love it! No complaints really, (more just regret not holding out for the adaptive cruise control and not waiting longer until there were monster rebates). But what I have, I love it!

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
4 months 6 k miles. nothing to complain about (except my wife taking it to much) I enjoy it everytime I drive!! really enjoy the remote start from inside my work a block away from the truck!!
I bought my wife a Mercedes SUV so she never wants to "Borrow" my Ranger!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
9 months and 13K miles. Absolutely zero issues. Love this truck and the fuel economy. Wife has yet to drive it. She doesn't know what she is missing! :like:
Sponsored