Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
LOL good thing you guys are brothers!
in name only..........lol

He won't drive his truck if it looks like rain. Me I drive it anywhere anytime any weather. I'm not nearly as OCD as Joe About stuff in general. My anxiety comes from a higher place..

Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

He won't drive his truck if it looks like rain. Me I drive it anywhere anytime any weather. I'm not nearly as OCD as Joe About stuff in general. My anxiety comes from a higher place..
Because I don't have to. So why should I? Garaged fresh and clean and feels like I just bought it which I love.
I also have a comfortable second vehicle that's a lease and would rather use the mileage I'm paying for.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So once again I am the Guinea Pig to try the Chinese part.

OK so I installed the one I bought from China's Amazon. I see no difference except there is no GFB DV+ label so no one can tell its a bolt-on. If the original US DVB is made in China, they likely made extras for the Chinese "AliExpress" market.

Not bad for $16 . No problems at any speed. Holds boost as indicated. I don't usually buy auto parts from AliExpressm but this thing is foolproof. Install took about 15 minutes

The biggest issue is using the Allen to put new bolts in Have to be really careful a the bolts can be tricky when installing the GFB. Don't drop one .....

20191224_174207.jpg

Last edited:

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I honestly haven't noticed anything in terms of throttle response since installing the panda motor works GFB diverter, even with a tune. My ‘seat of the pants’ dyno has NSTR.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Because I don't have to. So why should I? Garaged fresh and clean and feels like I just bought it which I love.
I also have a comfortable second vehicle that's a lease and would rather use the mileage I'm paying for.
Don't worry Joe I'm kind of the same way. ;) We don't get a lot of rain here but if I see some in the forecast I will usually try to plan my day around it so I can keep my Ranger clean. I don't have a problem driving in it but if I can avoid it why not. Besides it saves me water (which can get expensive here) because I'll have to wash it the very next day because of my OCD to have it clean. lol

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any maintenance needed for this part? Do you have to relube it at some point or once you bolt this on you’re good to go forever?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any maintenance needed for this part? Do you have to relube it at some point or once you bolt this on you’re good to go forever?
In a post a few pages back, it was said that If it is not a daily driver to check annually for sticking, and if it’s a daily driver check to every 12-15k miles for sticking :)

Just found a vid of a Ranger with the VTA... I'm kind of thinking I want that now lol

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
In a post a few pages back, it was said that If it is not a daily driver to check annually for sticking, and if it’s a daily driver check to every 12-15k miles for sticking :)
Thanks for the answer. Must have missed it. How hard is this to switch on ones opinion and maintain? Scale of 1-10? Thx. Debating doing such. Never had a turbo engine so this is newer to me. Thx.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the answer. Must have missed it. How hard is this to switch on ones opinion and maintain? Scale of 1-10? Thx. Debating doing such. Never had a turbo engine so this is newer to me. Thx.
Not a problem.

As for that question, I'm not too certain as I haven't done it myself yet, but the OP said on the first post it was easy: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/gfb-dv.2119/#post-25832

I'm sure others can weigh in on this :)

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
@PandaMotorworks just curious if you kept track of how many sold since I recommended this? Lol

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry Joe I'm kind of the same way. ;) We don't get a lot of rain here but if I see some in the forecast I will usually try to plan my day around it so I can keep my Ranger clean. I don't have a problem driving in it but if I can avoid it why not. Besides it saves me water (which can get expensive here) because I'll have to wash it the very next day because of my OCD to have it clean. lol

You guys could get along real good and share some Zaino notes. Me my truck hasn't been washed in a month and a half it rains too much to deal with it out here. But that's why I bought White because it always looks clean.

I can't even tell how the Chrome mag wheels look until I run my finger across them. I try and take it to a car wash every 8 weeks or so. I don't like fussing around with it. Now if it was my Corvette that's a whole different story. One of the reasons I sold it was because it was bothering me too much to keep it clean. OCD is not a pleasant experience for me....

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You guys could get along real good and share some Zaino notes. Me my truck hasn't been washed in a month and a half it rains too much to deal with it out here. But that's why I bought White because it always looks clean.

I can't even tell how the Chrome mag wheels look until I run my finger across them. I try and take it to a car wash every 8 weeks or so. I don't like fussing around with it. Now if it was my Corvette that's a whole different story. One of the reasons I sold it was because it was bothering me too much to keep it clean. OCD is not a pleasant experience for me....
I could never let my truck get that dirty,it would drive me crazy!!:crazy: I've been like this since I was young,always had to have my toys looking good. When I lived in MA I had a pair of neoprene diving gloves so I could wash my truck in the winter and my hands wouldn't freeze. lol

When I had my motorcycles everyone knew to call me ahead of time before we went riding because they knew I had to wash my bike before we went out. My Vette was even worse lol Stored in the garage with a cover on it,never seen a drop of rain and had it's own
California Duster in the back at all times. You're right...OCD is not a pleasant experience but I'm working on it. :giggle:

Vette.jpg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I could never let my truck get that dirty,it would drive me crazy!!:crazy: I've been like this since I was young,always had to have my toys looking good. When I lived in MA I had a pair of neoprene diving gloves so I could wash my truck in the winter and my hands wouldn't freeze. lol

When I had my motorcycles everyone knew to call me ahead of time before we went riding because they knew I had to wash my bike before we went out. My Vette was even worse lol Stored in the garage with a cover on it,never seen a drop of rain and had it's own
California Duster in the back at all times. You're right...OCD is not a pleasant experience but I'm working on it. :giggle:

Vette.jpg
I know somebody just like that. LOL yeah I didn't enjoy the Corvette as much as I should have. Tacoma was parked in the driveway back in the bike was in the garage. I feel with a truck is not that important to keep it shiny and clean because it's a truck. I try to get through a car wash once every couple of months.

I miss this car...don't miss the OCD of ownership. after a while it was not fun worrying about it. Sold it and been in pickups ever since with a small occasion of an Mkc.
garage.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: