New Members Introduce Yourself!

Klutzee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat/Sport/4x4 Magnetic
Hey everyone. Im Greg from Marion Illinois. Just bought my 2019 Ranger 4x4 Lariat/Sport Magnetic the end of October. So far I love it!! Looks like lots of nice trucks here...seen ALOT of stuff on here I want to do to mine now!!

my truck.jpg
Sponsored

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
We have S Utah on our radar for a trip hopefully next year. That picture was taken in Sedona back in October. One benefit for living in this sandbox is Sedona and Flagstaff are only 1.5-2 hours away and 15+ degrees cooler in the summer so they make good day/weekend trips. I have a few more pictures here if you want to check them out and looking forward to yours. Hopefully it will give us some ideas where to go next year.
The terrain in your pictures is similar to what you would find in the Zion National Park and/or Moab areas. If you've never been, I highly recommend BOTH! In fact, the drive from the Zion area over/up to Moab is stunning, and if you have the time, there are a lot of off-road opportunities along the way. Nothing "off-road" in the National Park, but in the park, the hiking and scenery is spectacular!

IMG_5800.jpeg

We go down to Springdale, UT (just outside Zion) each year in May. Beat the crowds and heat. Excellent mtn biking in/around Virgin which is a few miles away.

IMG_5772.jpeg

Above is my wife along one of the "washes" into/along the Virgin River.

IMG_5806.jpeg

Above is my best "Red Bull Rampage" impression!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The terrain in your pictures is similar to what you would find in the Zion National Park and/or Moab areas. If you've never been, I highly recommend BOTH! In fact, the drive from the Zion area over/up to Moab is stunning, and if you have the time, there are a lot of off-road opportunities along the way. Nothing "off-road" in the National Park, but in the park, the hiking and scenery is spectacular!

IMG_5800.jpeg

We go down to Springdale, UT (just outside Zion) each year in May. Beat the crowds and heat. Excellent mtn biking in/around Virgin which is a few miles away.

IMG_5772.jpeg

Above is my wife along one of the "washes" into/along the Virgin River.

IMG_5806.jpeg

Above is my best "Red Bull Rampage" impression!
Hey! I made Angles Landing in Zion....Not many "blue hairs" have made it to this stunning vista!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger-1.jpg

Hi all....name's Ernie in Monroe, Georgia and just got my Ranger on Black Friday from the local dealer in Athens, Ga. Had previously owned a 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 and gotta say that I am absolutely loving the Ranger (woulda bought the Ranger when I bought the Colorado...but alas, Ford hadn't yet come out with the Ranger). I use it for work (I'm a Project Engineer for a Geotechnical Firm)...so I drive quite a bit around the metro Atlanta to the northern suburbs to the eastern suburbs to the western suburbs...etc..(oh the things I see on the Interstates...lol). Looking forward to putting the miles on the Ranger (the Colorado had 52k on it when I traded it in and I bought it new off the lot). And I gotta say that I'm really digging a lot of the builds that I've seen here so far...oh if I only had some money...Anyways..I can't wait to get a few mods (modest ones..not going all out).

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello from GA!

Been trying to decide what pickup truck to get for hauling our 3500# GVWR Scamp camping trailer.
Had a spreadsheet laid out, read lots of reviews, test drove a few, but kept coming back to the Ranger, and then the rebates they provided this week clinched the decision.

Picked up my Ranger XLT Crew cab with tow package and locking rear differential this morning. This will be my third Ranger. My first one was an 85 Ford Ranger "S", with a whopping 73 HP from the 2 liter engine. This new Ranger packs a few more HP than that one.

My first trip from the dealer to my home was short, only about 15 miles, but I was impressed with the MPG that I got, but am realistic in realizing this is probably not what to expect all the time. :)

First trip MPG from dealer to home.jpg
What part of Sharpsburg are you in? My company (and my boss) are in Peachtree City and we do a lot of work in that area (Fayette, Fayetteville, Tyrone...etc) Also...nice truck!!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hey everyone. Im Greg from Marion Illinois. Just bought my 2019 Ranger 4x4 Lariat/Sport Magnetic the end of October. So far I love it!! Looks like lots of nice trucks here...seen ALOT of stuff on here I want to do to mine now!!

my truck.jpg

Welcome! It looks like you’re already off to a good start with the leveling kit.

Klutzee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat/Sport/4x4 Magnetic
Welcome! It looks like you’re already off to a good start with the leveling kit.
Yeah that was the first thing...had the dealership tint the windows before I brought it home!!

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Hey! I made Angles Landing in Zion....Not many "blue hairs" have made it to this stunning vista!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Howdy Phil! "Blue hair", brown hair or NO hair, Angel's Landing is one HAIRY "hike"! For those who are not familiar, just Google it.

Here is an article on the latest fatality just a couple weeks ago:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-finds-body-angels-landing-hiker/4272347002/

Phil, when you did the "hike", was it prior to 2010 and all the current "stabilization chains"? They have recently done a lot more work to try to make it safer.... but the "hike" is not any easier!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Phil! "Blue hair", brown hair or NO hair, Angel's Landing is one HAIRY "hike"! For those who are not familiar, just Google it.

Here is an article on the latest fatality just a couple weeks ago:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...m-finds-body-angels-landing-hiker/4272347002/

Phil, when you did the "hike", was it prior to 2010 and all the current "stabilization chains"? They have recently done a lot more work to try to make it safer.... but the "hike" is not any easier!
Hi Bryan.

I hiked Angel's Landing in 2008! Wife and I made it to Scouts landing and then she stayed there while I made the assent to Angel's Landing. Glad I did it...and indeed it was a hairy!

Yes, I was sad to read the fatality. Certainly a dangerous hike.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
What part of Sharpsburg are you in? My company (and my boss) are in Peachtree City and we do a lot of work in that area (Fayette, Fayetteville, Tyrone...etc) Also...nice truck!!
We're actually in the far North corner of Coweta County, closer to Tyrone. We do most of our shopping in Peachtree City.
Can you tell I like silver trucks? :) My Dakota used to be bigger than Rangers of that era (2004)
Ranger and Dakota.jpg

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
We're actually in the far North corner of Coweta County, closer to Tyrone. We do most of our shopping in Peachtree City.
Can you tell I like silver trucks? :) My Dakota used to be bigger than Rangers of that era (2004)
My dad is still driving one of those Dakotas, its a spunky little truck.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Hello!

My name is Trevor, I purchased my Ranger is November because of the rebates on the XLT. It's replacing a 2007 Sport Trac and so far it's been excellent. I'm almost at the 1,000 mi break in period. I'm right outside Boston, and it's been great in the snow so far.
u8i0mXX.jpg

BogeyMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hello all... new guy from AR. Recently bought a 2019 FX4 Ranger. I’ve had F-150’s, GMC, Chevy, Dodge all in the past. This is a 3rd vehicle for me, bought it mainly for towing to and from hunting.

E9AD837F-9F13-4BC7-8287-224BDEA77BFB.jpeg

FL19fx4Pierce

First Name
Pierce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Hey guys, Pierce from Deland Florida and I’ve had my FX4 Ranger since the end of October and love it so far. Learning a lot about what mods are good and where to get them awesome stuff !!
Sponsored