Chamberlain My Q wifi garage door opener

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
So I just got a wifi opener for my garage door. Paired up to my Genie opener fine and can use my phone to see status & open/close as needed. Does anyone know if the app can be loaded to sync 3 so there is an icon there to open/close? TIA...
Sponsored

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I just got one too, which is currently on sale at Amazon for 19.99 or even 17.99 for a little bit. I think it is Homekit compliant so you should be able to access it through Carplay somehow. Curious to see what others say since Im just guessing.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I just got one too, which is currently on sale at Amazon for 19.99 or even 17.99 for a little bit. I think it is Homekit compliant so you should be able to access it through Carplay somehow. Curious to see what others say since Im just guessing.
You have to buy another add on module to make it Homekit compatible. Here's the link...https://www.liftmaster.com/myq-home...7Z_0IarRiJWWpXOUOiAaAhKLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I don't think it will make pop up on Carplay...just lets you access it on the Homeit app and maybe siri

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
You have to buy another add on module to make it Homekit compatible. Here's the link...https://www.liftmaster.com/myq-home...7Z_0IarRiJWWpXOUOiAaAhKLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I don't think it will make pop up on Carplay...just lets you access it on the Homeit app and maybe siri
once you have HomeKit working, it will pop up on carplay automatically. Then you just press the button on the screen and voila, opens the door. It did take a couple days for it to filter through everything and start showing up on my screen. There is no way to go into settings and set it up. I wonder how car play knew what door I wanted as I have 2. It “guessed” correctly though.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
once you have HomeKit working, it will pop up on carplay automatically. Then you just press the button on the screen and voila, opens the door. It did take a couple days for it to filter through everything and start showing up on my screen. There is no way to go into settings and set it up. I wonder how car play knew what door I wanted as I have 2. It “guessed” correctly though.
Did you buy the Home Bridge to make it interface with HomeKit?

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Can you have Siri open the door without the bridge?

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
No. But you can use your phone or Apple Watch to open it. I would guess using the shortcuts app you might be able to set up Siri to open it but that’s a function I have never tried.

ToddlerCO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
So I just got a wifi opener for my garage door. Paired up to my Genie opener fine and can use my phone to see status & open/close as needed. Does anyone know if the app can be loaded to sync 3 so there is an icon there to open/close? TIA...
I've got this one. Quite a bit cheaper and simpler than the two-piece Chamberlain setup.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...r-apple-homekit-white/5933701.p?skuId=5933701

It only works with homekit. No app. I haven't seen it pop up on carplay, but Siri will open or close with a quick command in the truck. I can also open/close from my Apple watch.

I've used it to let friends/repairman, etc. in when I'm not home.

I've actually had 3 of these. The first 2 seemed to flake out a bit pretty quickly. But this latest one I purchased when I moved has been working great for 6 months or so now.

Occasionally I have a problem. My phone will actually try to connect to my home wifi if I'm close to the house, which can cause a connection glitch with Siri and the phone right when you're trying to open the door.

And every once in awhile, open and close notifications will reach my phone hours after they occur.

So mostly I use it as a safety/paranoia mechanism. I'm always nervous about leaving the door open when I leave or at night. Too much gear in the garage. I also have a ring camera setup that's watching the garage as well as backup.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I ended up installing the MyQ opener and it works great with the app and with the watch. For $19 it was worth trying and I am really impressed. I actually have it working with Homekit by using something called HOOBS/Homebridge. I set it up on a raspberry pi I had sitting around so it didn't really cost me anything. Homebridge is free and HOOBS is a $7 donation and is a little easier to set up than Homebridge. Either way, through trying to get MyQ to work without spending more money on a hub I found something that will come in handy for incorporating all kinds of devices with Homekit that wouldn't normally work with it.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
I ended up installing the MyQ opener and it works great with the app and with the watch. For $19 it was worth trying and I am really impressed. I actually have it working with Homekit by using something called HOOBS/Homebridge. I set it up on a raspberry pi I had sitting around so it didn't really cost me anything. Homebridge is free and HOOBS is a $7 donation and is a little easier to set up than Homebridge. Either way, through trying to get MyQ to work without spending more money on a hub I found something that will come in handy for incorporating all kinds of devices with Homekit that wouldn't normally work with it.
I need to check that out before I buy that extra Myq module.
End state for me is I want to name the garage door "Sesame"
Then I want to say "Hey Siri, Open Sesame" and have the garage door magically open.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I need to check that out before I buy that extra Myq module.
End state for me is I want to name the garage door "Sesame"
Then I want to say "Hey Siri, Open Sesame" and have the garage door magically open.
Hoobs is a bit limited in the devices it works with right now but the MyQ is one of them and it works flawlessly. Their directions for self-install are easy to follow. All you need is the Pi.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
Put in a Homelink door opener and forget about fooling around with an app every time you need the door open.
7D122875-B243-49EF-99BA-F4577E79F6D4.jpeg
Sponsored