Uncomfortable

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I'm starting to think that terrible rides are more associated with 2WD? Anyone keeping track?
Nope, At least not my opinion and I have driven a couple of 4X4 SuperCrews and my own STX SuperCab 2WD.
It used to be that ride always had to be sacrificed for handling towing or hauling. With the 2019 Ranger "it just ain't so".

I think my truck is the best of the lot, even the manually adjusted seats find the right spot easier. 2WD also has street tires and suspension tune. Its the first Ranger I have owned which will not require shocks or tires out of the box.
Honestly, the difference ain't much, but I do like that its 500 pounds lighter even if it isn't exactly "tossable".
I just don't get the bouncy thing and I drive IllAnnoy roads.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
I personally think you're a Taco Forum troll anyways trying to stir up the forum, so lets just agree to disagree.
I am just going to assume you quoted the wrong person. You are the only troll in this discussion.

Have a good day.

RangerRap

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnet
Vehicle Showcase
I have been does not help :(
Opposite for me as well, it’s one of the most comfortable seats I’ve ever been in and I’ve had BMWs, Lexus, my last two cars were Acura MDX but I love driving this truck more than any of those!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, At least not my opinion and I have driven a couple of 4X4 SuperCrews and my own STX SuperCab 2WD.
It used to be that ride always had to be sacrificed for handling towing or hauling. With the 2019 Ranger "it just ain't so".

I think my truck is the best of the lot, even the manually adjusted seats find the right spot easier. 2WD also has street tires and suspension tune. Its the first Ranger I have owned which will not require shocks or tires out of the box.
Honestly, the difference ain't much, but I do like that its 500 pounds lighter even if it isn't exactly "tossable".
I just don't get the bouncy thing and I drive IllAnnoy roads.
Maybe it's the roads of locale...

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Bought my ranger last week. So far it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever been in or owned. During the test drives it seemed fine but after driving 30+ mins at a time it is just the worst.

I can not for the life of me find a comfortable seating position at all.

The suspension is like I am riding around a in a bounce house. I have never been in a vehicle so bouncy. Something else I did not notice when test driving.

Anyone else have these issues? I can deal with the bounciness but the uncomfortable seat might just make me get rid of it.

Lariat supercrew leather 2WD

:(
Had a similiar issue, my truck got delivered with 55 psi in all tires.
im running 30 and its a huge difference!

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
When I was selling cars in the 90's, I had a husband and wife come in looking for a compact car..... showed them a Tempo... and they bought it.

Less than a week later, they were back to unwrap the deal....
They probably never realized the bullet they just dodged.

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
Had a similiar issue, my truck got delivered with 55 psi in all tires.
im running 30 and its a huge difference!
Does your door sticker say 35 or 30?

Mine is 35 but I am wondering if 30 would be ok.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Ranger is quite respectable for a truck honestly. I started with an '89 Dakota, went to a '99 Supercab Ranger, to an '04 Screw F-150 (all 4x4s and stock) to a '15 Mustang with performance package tuning. In my opinion the seats in the Ranger are a bit more "flat" than I'd normally like, but that's at least partially because they're new. The actual ride of the truck is pretty good, better than the Dakota and the other Ranger, and at least on part with my F-150, negligibly different. It's definitely a smoother ride than the mustang, but the seats in the mustang were significantly better.

Overall, I'm really happy.

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
We haven’t received ours yet but hoping we don’t have the same concerns. The XLT FX4 Crew we drove was very comfy.

I keep thinking of this commercial seeing the thread but hope you get this resolved.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I personally think you're a Taco Forum troll anyways trying to stir up the forum, so lets just agree to disagree.
I'm a fresh owner who test drove the hell out of everything. The Ranger is pretty much the most comfortable small truck out there. (I drove every small truck that isn't Japanese)

You know you might be on to something here. The Ranger is such a superior truck it's got to be pissing those guys on that forum off. They've banged their heads getting into their uncomfortable trucks one too many times and it's just burning them up. I've read the forums quite a bit before buying, mostly looking for common problems, and I know forums are commonly populated with "ours is better than theirs" posts. But the Taco forum was something else. Those guys are really bitter about the new Ranger, and it's obviously because of how outdated and inferior their truck is.

I wouldn't doubt at all that there are several imposters over here making BS posts. We'll never know which ones are true... but we can make good guesses.

OP
OP

nbeninati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger Lariat
I'm a fresh owner who test drove the hell out of everything. The Ranger is pretty much the most comfortable small truck out there. (I drove every small truck that isn't Japanese)

You know you might be on to something here. The Ranger is such a superior truck it's got to be pissing those guys on that forum off. They've banged their heads getting into their uncomfortable trucks one too many times and it's just burning them up. I've read the forums quite a bit before buying, mostly looking for common problems, and I know forums are commonly populated with "ours is better than theirs" posts. But the Taco forum was something else. Those guys are really bitter about the new Ranger, and it's obviously because of how outdated and inferior their truck is.

I wouldn't doubt at all that there are several imposters over here making BS posts. We'll never know which ones are true... but we can make good guesses.
If you or the other guy think I do not own a Ranger my purchase order, vehicle insurance and loan say otherwise.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
They probably never realized the bullet they just dodged.
In 1984 when they introduced the Tempo, I bought a bright red TRX 5SPD, it would out handle a 3 series BMW.
It was a thrill to drive and and rock solid reliable. The car was on par with the Mercedes 190E in quality, style,and performance.
At 160,000 miles it was the victim of a 16 YO driver who ran a stop sign.
Great car!
We had a couple more of them in the family over time for the kids to drive, neither was a TRX though.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Does your door sticker say 35 or 30?

Mine is 35 but I am wondering if 30 would be ok.
same as yours. i ran 35 for a few weeks, then dropped it a bit more, no issues.