Great incentives but these dealerships!!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
We are going to add a 2nd Ranger (Spouse can't get enough of mine). Trying to take advantage of some of the offers on remaining 2019's and here's what I've noticed with 3 local dealerships (stealerships).... They are severely low-balling me on trade. I have a 2018 Honda, clean, low miles, worth 14k Minimum. One offered me 3k. I laughed as I walked out! Best offer I've had is 8500 today. I asked why he was going so low and the reply was "We are 10k below KBB value for this Ranger sir". I said, so? Your point....you're gonna turn the Honda for 17-18k.

Anyway, just griping a little!
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Is there a Carmax nearby where you can get an estimate? Most dealers will at least match that.

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
You should have no problem selling a used Honda on your own. It is extremely laughable what some of the car salesman throw out there, then try to act like they are doing you a favor, and think they are getting away with it. As far as I know (or think) Ford Motor reimburses them for the intensives (correct me if I am wrong). To say that their pricing after incentives warrants a crazy low-ball appraisal, as if they are "trying" to break even, is ridiculous!

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4

TodOneD

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500 Diesel
Are you finding dealers giving you $10K off with the $6050 in rebate? I spent the weekend dealing with all 5 local area dealers and the best anyone would do was add another $2,000 to the $6050 rebate... nobody would come down more than that. I don't have a trade-in, so I was hoping it would be easier...I had one dealer try to sell me the vehicle for MSRP minus $3000 -- when I asked about the rebate, he explained they were charging an additional $2000 in markup and the rebate was coming off that...

You can also check Kelly Blue Book.
https://www.kbb.com/instant-cash-offer/#/
I had 3 dealers calling me within a few hours, and got $500 over the instant cash offer (which was much better than the Ford dealer offered as trade for my Ranger).

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Are you finding dealers giving you $10K off with the $6050 in rebate? I spent the weekend dealing with all 5 local area dealers and the best anyone would do was add another $2,000 to the $6050 rebate... nobody would come down more than that. I don't have a trade-in, so I was hoping it would be easier...I had one dealer try to sell me the vehicle for MSRP minus $3000 -- when I asked about the rebate, he explained they were charging an additional $2000 in markup and the rebate was coming off that...
Any dealer that is charging additional markup on a Ranger should be skipped, IMO. That is just ridiculous, especially for a 2019 model (which is now one model year old).

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
We are going to add a 2nd Ranger (Spouse can't get enough of mine). Trying to take advantage of some of the offers on remaining 2019's and here's what I've noticed with 3 local dealerships (stealerships).... They are severely low-balling me on trade. I have a 2018 Honda, clean, low miles, worth 14k Minimum. One offered me 3k. I laughed as I walked out! Best offer I've had is 8500 today. I asked why he was going so low and the reply was "We are 10k below KBB value for this Ranger sir". I said, so? Your point....you're gonna turn the Honda for 17-18k.

Anyway, just griping a little!
Sadly, that is how they STILL make money ...lose nothing on a deal...while giving incentives on the one you purchase. Sell it online...I’ve sold my last few cars myself.:idea:

Last edited:

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
It almost never pays to trade a car in. I would list the Honda for sale by private party on CraigsList. If you think the dealer would sell it for $17-$18k, why not try to get close to that? Clean Honda’s and Toyota’s tend to sell quickly.

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
They want to see if you will focus more on the monthly payments than the financial exchange. You’d be surprised how many people fall for this.

I’ve been fortunate to have bought my past few vehicles cash, and that seems to confuse a lot of inexperienced sales people. They are used to getting people to focus on Payments and Money Down and get them to not look at trade in value or the price they are really paying for a vehicle.

some dealers even stick an addendum on some of their window stickers for a product called “Trade Equity Assistance”. Which literally means, hey let me charge you more for the new car so I can give you a fair value on your trade in.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I traded in a 2011 F-150 3.5 Supercrew Ecoboost and a 2015 Mustang GT for my 2019 Ranger Lariot which was $45,000 MSRP. They started out wanting both vehicles plus $3000. No money was exchanged, in fact, I got some back because they over estimated the registration fees. Total time to make the transaction was 30 minutes early on a Monday morning.

KBB trade for the F-150 was 20,000 and $23,000 on the Mustang so I think I did OK.

Selling privately would have only given me about $1500-$2000 more.

I really miss the Mustang.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I traded in a 2011 F-150 3.5 Supercrew Ecoboost and a 2015 Mustang GT for my 2019 Ranger Lariot which was $45,000 MSRP. They started out wanting both vehicles plus $3000. No money was exchanged, in fact, I got some back because they over estimated the registration fees. Total time to make the transaction was 30 minutes early on a Monday morning.

KBB trade for the F-150 was 20,000 and $23,000 on the Mustang so I think I did OK.

Selling privately would have only given me about $1500-$2000 more.

I really miss the Mustang.
They ran the ringer on my '15 Mustang Ecoboost, but I also had over 80k on it, and one accident on record because some idiot rolled into my back bumper and then ran. I still miss the Mustang most days.
Sponsored