First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I’ve mentioned it before but I love what you’ve done with the black accents! How do you like the Truck Luggage storage? I have the bag that hangs in the back corner of the bed but I’m not a fan of it.
Thanks!! The Truck Luggage is pretty handy. I had it in my previous truck for 2 years and transferred it to the Ranger. It's technically designed for full size trucks, but fits fine in the Ranger (and Tacoma). It's pretty easy to remove when you need to use the whole box to haul things. All you do is pop the aluminum bars up and out of the bracket and pull the whole thing out of the box. It isn't very heavy unless you keep a bunch of stuff in it. The one challenge with this, is since the box of the Ranger are so tall, it can be a little difficult to reach inside the Truck Luggage, but that's due to the Rangers rear half sitting so high.
Sponsored

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Been really busy and forgot to add some more new changes from the summer. Back in August I threw in the Truxedo Expedition truck luggage cargo carrier in the box. Also added the LED strips underneath the tonneau cover side rails to light up the box. I wired that up to the cargo lamp switch so any time the rear cargo light is on, so are the box LEDs.

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg
I like the LED set up, where did you find that?

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks!! The Truck Luggage is pretty handy. I had it in my previous truck for 2 years and transferred it to the Ranger. It's technically designed for full size trucks, but fits fine in the Ranger (and Tacoma). It's pretty easy to remove when you need to use the whole box to haul things. All you do is pop the aluminum bars up and out of the bracket and pull the whole thing out of the box. It isn't very heavy unless you keep a bunch of stuff in it. The one challenge with this, is since the box of the Ranger are so tall, it can be a little difficult to reach inside the Truck Luggage, but that's due to the Rangers rear half sitting so high.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the netting is strong enough to keep a ball mount in it along with a bunch or straps and similar things?

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I like the LED set up, where did you find that?
It was a cheap Amazon LED kit that I got a couple years back. It has a remote control that allows you to change the color of the LEDs and also make them blink certain patterns if you're into that type of thing. There is also an external switch that allows you to turn the LEDs on and off, which I hide behind the fuel door. I'll see if I can find the link in my Amazon history.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Thanks for the info. Do you think the netting is strong enough to keep a ball mount in it along with a bunch or straps and similar things?
Absolutely. it is pretty heavy duty stuff. I don't know how much weight it is rated to hold, but I wouldn't be scared to load it up. I've filled it with groceries many times, along with some jumper cables, tie downs, ball mount, etc.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Absolutely. it is pretty heavy duty stuff. I don't know how much weight it is rated to hold, but I wouldn't be scared to load it up. I've filled it with groceries many times, along with some jumper cables, tie downs, ball mount, etc.
Thanks, I’ll look into picking one up!

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Thanks, I’ll look into picking one up!
I never would have got one, except Truxedo did a promo a couple years back when you purchased a certain tonneau cover, you could get the Truck Luggage for free. It was a great deal.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never would have got one, except Truxedo did a promo a couple years back when you purchased a certain tonneau cover, you could get the Truck Luggage for free. It was a great deal.
That’s exactly how I ended up with the Truck Luggage bag that I have now.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
That’s exactly how I ended up with the Truck Luggage bag that I have now.
Which tonneau cover did you buy? My truck luggage was from when I bought a Truxedo Titanium cover for my 2017 Tacoma, so I bought it right at the beginning of 2017.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which tonneau cover did you buy? My truck luggage was from when I bought a Truxedo Titanium cover for my 2017 Tacoma, so I bought it right at the beginning of 2017.
Mine is an Undercover Ultra Flex. It was a little different situation though, I read 4 or 5 reviews and they all mentioned the bag that came with it and when I got my cover there was no bag. I emailed Undercover to see if it was supposed to be there and that’s when I found out it was an old promo but they offered to send me one!

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Been really busy and forgot to add some more new changes from the summer. Back in August I threw in the Truxedo Expedition truck luggage cargo carrier in the box. Also added the LED strips underneath the tonneau cover side rails to light up the box. I wired that up to the cargo lamp switch so any time the rear cargo light is on, so are the box LEDs.

IMG_7797.jpeg

IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg
@treimche I have a very similiar set of bed lights to install in my Lariat but have been wondering how/where to tap into the cargo light circuit. Did you tap into the circuit inside the cab or did you do like others and tapped off the cargo light itself?

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
@treimche I have a very similiar set of bed lights to install in my Lariat but have been wondering how/where to tap into the cargo light circuit. Did you tap into the circuit inside the cab or did you do like others and tapped off the cargo light itself?
I ran the wires into the cab to tap into the light circuit. I'm not one to run wiring outside all ghetto like up to the rear light like I've seen. I'll have to check at my shop to see if I made a note of the wire colors for those wires. Thought I took some pics but apparently not.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I ran the wires into the cab to tap into the light circuit. I'm not one to run wiring outside all ghetto like up to the rear light like I've seen. I'll have to check at my shop to see if I made a note of the wire colors for those wires. Thought I took some pics but apparently not.
I would also like to know exactly where you tapped in to the cargo light circuit. Any Help will be appreciated.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I would also like to know exactly where you tapped in to the cargo light circuit. Any Help will be appreciated.
I couldn't find any pics from when I originally did the install, so I went back in and took a couple. The cargo light wire is white with a green stripe, in the wire harness under the rear driver's side door sill. You'll want to test the wire with a multi meter because there are other white/green wires in the same harness. It will test as +12v with the cargo light on, and 0v when its off.

In order to get the wires into the interior of the Ranger, I used a rubber grommet that is in the floor. There are quite a few, but I used one that is just in front of the driver's side rear seat (my Ranger is a super crew)

IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't find any pics from when I originally did the install, so I went back in and took a couple. The cargo light wire is white with a green stripe, in the wire harness under the rear driver's side door sill. You'll want to test the wire with a multi meter because there are other white/green wires in the same harness. It will test as +12v with the cargo light on, and 0v when its off.

In order to get the wires into the interior of the Ranger, I used a rubber grommet that is in the floor. There are quite a few, but I used one that is just in front of the driver's side rear seat (my Ranger is a super crew)

IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

Thank you for this information, and the effort to post it. It will be very helpful.:thumbsup:
Sponsored