Job, what do you do

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I have worked at a level 1 pediatric trauma center as an RN for coming up on 30 years. Most people around a dinner table don’t want to hear anything about my job let alone see pictures. I don’t use my Ranger for work unless you count being able to squeeze into the tiny parking spaces in the garage. I do have lots of hobbies though like woodworking and camping and too many to name. I’m hoping to have this truck in 8 years when I retire.
Which hospital are you at?
Sponsored

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Director of Workforce Management (WFM) and Business Improvement & Growth Support (BIGS) for a large Consumer/Food Services, Facility Management company. Nothing sexy unfortunately! Spent most of my life in Retail hell.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I run a small online business (Gun parts & accessories), bartend and am the Captain of a Cessna, not to flex on you @Walkeraviator but as the Captain of a Skyhawk 172 I do believe I outrank you... :blush:

Last edited:

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
I run a small online business (Gun parts & accessories), bartend and am the Captian of a Cessna, not to flex on you @Walkeraviator but as the Captain of a Skyhawk 172 I do believe I outrank you... :blush:
If you Facebook... check out a group called “guns and aviators”. Sounds like you would fit right in

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't facebook but those sound like my kind of people :handsinair:. Also, in case anyone is wondering.. there's no such thing as a captain of a Cessna, I'm basically a nobody compared to @Walkeraviator

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
I don't facebook but those sound like my kind of people :handsinair:. Also, in case anyone is wondering.. there's no such thing as a captain of a Cessna, I'm basically a nobody compared to @Walkeraviator
I wouldn’t say that. You are a licensed pilot. That makes you part of .002% of the population. I would say that’s somebody. I just got lucky enough that my hobby turned into a career. Do you own or rent?

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m an auditor for the state of California. I basically am sent all over the state to make sure that state government agencies are spending money and performing in accordance to laws and other guidelines as they should be and if not that changes are implemented.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a technical support engineer for MCAD/ECAD data management software. Customers call me when they are having trouble, it’s a dirty job but some one has to do it.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t say that. You are a licensed pilot. That makes you part of .002% of the population. I would say that’s somebody. I just got lucky enough that my hobby turned into a career. Do you own or rent?
I rent, not sure I can justify the maintenance costs of ownership. I’m still contemplating going commercial, just can’t decide. I may get my CFI just to get some paid flight time.

Reactions: Doc

uralbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XRT Super Cab
Hi Folks,

I am the neighborhood Mr. Fixit. I help out the neighbors in the area...some 144 houses with repairs, improvements etc. I work for beer only...many folks are shut-ins and cannot drive and are clueless on seeking repair of many simple things like kitchen cabinet door that came off the frame, for example. These old farts are amazing in what they were and did in their earlier life..I love sitting and letting them tell their story over a much appreciated beer or better yet...a Single Malt Scotch on the rocks!

It is a time in my life at age 70 to give back, much like these Forums where it is my time in life to give back...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
My Next door neighbor was a WWII B24 pilot, then an engineer for Hendericson Chassis in the Chicago area. His smoking was restricted to a bench next to the drive way. I work on Urals a Russian copy of a BMW motorcycle , he told me how his bomber crew confiscated a German BMW and would transport it in the bomb bay from base to base for there personal use. . I would show him failed components and I got the benefit of his years of experience , his company would send a limo to take him to the plant so they could mine all the engineering date he had in his mind that they never documented . He is gone now and I miss my conversations with him on the bench , I now am on call for his wife for what ever . I am happy to see her Children and grown Grand children's cars in the driveway on weekends..

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
Currently Serving Naval Warfare Officer (Maritime Surface Sub-Surface (MARS) for those of us who pre-date the name change) Lieutenant (O-3 for those Americans in the room). Last trained Above Water Warfare Officer in the 280 Class (Iroquois Class) destroyers (decomissioning AWWO for Athabaskan/ Decomissioned Iroquois as a Bridge Watchkeeper), finished my AWWO tours about a year and a half ago after serving a second tour in HMCS Halifax, and completed a tour as Operations Officer on a Maritime Coastal Defence Vessel for a deployment to Africa prior to landing in my first shore posting writing AWW policy for the RCN while awaiting my Operations Room Officer Course to go back to an FFH as a Combat Head of Department.

Last edited: