Help, Tips, Suggestions for a 2019 Ranger Deal

rareairhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carless
Greetings all from “Balmy” Northern Vermont. Come from a long family line of Ford owners dating to a Model A. Truck wise, I’ve driven an '00 Ranger that succumbed to salt cancer (rust to some of you more fortunate few = ), ventured over to the “dark side” for a '10 Colorado, and am now back looking for a Ranger again.

My preferred ride would be a:
New (or CPO) 2019
XLT
Lightning Blue, Hot Pepper Red, Saber, or Silver Ingot
Equipment Group 302A Luxury
FX4 Off-Road Package (I have a SNOW season, closely followed by a MUD season. = )
Sport Appearance Package (really like the looks of those Mag Painted wheels)
Trailer Tow Package (to compensate for those occasional times one needs a full size bed)
Remote Start
SecuriCode Keyless-Entry Keypad (sounds interesting)

. . . all subject to change, of course. ANY help, tips, suggestions, etc. on the above and where to go in this New England for a good or GREAT deal would be appreciated?

Posted this in the Intro and New England threads. Thanks muchly. :sunglasses:
Sponsored

Tesseract

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger XLT S-crew FX4
Greetings all from “Balmy” Northern Vermont. Come from a long family line of Ford owners dating to a Model A. Truck wise, I’ve driven an '00 Ranger that succumbed to salt cancer (rust to some of you more fortunate few = ), ventured over to the “dark side” for a '10 Colorado, and am now back looking for a Ranger again.

New (or CPO) 2019
XLT
FX4 Off-Road Package (I have a SNOW season, closely followed by a MUD season. = )
Trailer Tow Package (to compensate for those occasional times one needs a full size bed)
Remote Start

. . . all subject to change, of course. ANY help, tips, suggestions, etc. on the above and where to go in this New England for a good or GREAT deal would be appreciated?

I don't know if you'll find the exact combination you want, but look at www.koonsfordbaltimore.com
I live in CT and just flew down there to pick up my 2019 XLT Screw with FX4, 302A, Trailer Tow, Black appearance package. They advertised it for ~10,800 off MSRP and thats what I got. No gimmicks or hassle. They tried to sell me the extended maintenance plan but it wasn't a hard sell at all. The guy accepted my "no" pretty easily.

Uber to Bradley airport cost me $100, flight to Baltimore was $135, they sent an uber to pick me up. I was out of the dealership within an hour and home by dinner time. So if you don't mind a little roadtrip, I couldn't find anywhere near me in CT that could touch their pricing. I worked with a guy named Dell if you give them a call.

I think this one meets all your needs and a helluva deal.
https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com/...imore-md-8f5d65320a0e0ae84bbdfcb8c65b11c4.htm

Edit: Oops, that one has everything you want except the Trailer Tow Package.

OP
OP

rareairhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carless
I don't know if you'll find the exact combination you want, but look at www.koonsfordbaltimore.com
I live in CT and just flew down there to pick up my 2019 XLT Screw with FX4, 302A, Trailer Tow, Black appearance package. They advertised it for ~10,800 off MSRP and thats what I got. No gimmicks or hassle. They tried to sell me the extended maintenance plan but it wasn't a hard sell at all. The guy accepted my "no" pretty easily.

Uber to Bradley airport cost me $100, flight to Baltimore was $135, they sent an uber to pick me up. I was out of the dealership within an hour and home by dinner time. So if you don't mind a little roadtrip, I couldn't find anywhere near me in CT that could touch their pricing. I worked with a guy named Dell if you give them a call.

I think this one meets all your needs and a helluva deal.
https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com/...imore-md-8f5d65320a0e0ae84bbdfcb8c65b11c4.htm

Edit: Oops, that one has everything you want except the Trailer Tow Package.
Thanks for the suggestion and research Tesseract. Looks like they have a very decent selection and some of the best prices I’ve come across . . . so far = ). A fly-down-drive-back would be quite interesting. A sort of shake down cruise for the drive back. A few questions for you:

- The FINE PRINT indicates their prices EXCLUDE freight, tax, tags, and processing fee of $300. How much extra did that add to your purchase and what was the Out-of-your-Wallet-and-Out-the-Door price?

- Did you fly in to BWI?

Thanks again for your help.

Tesseract

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger XLT S-crew FX4
Thanks for the suggestion and research Tesseract. Looks like they have a very decent selection and some of the best prices I’ve come across . . . so far = ). A fly-down-drive-back would be quite interesting. A sort of shake down cruise for the drive back. A few questions for you:

- The FINE PRINT indicates their prices EXCLUDE freight, tax, tags, and processing fee of $300. How much extra did that add to your purchase and what was the Out-of-your-Wallet-and-Out-the-Door price?

- Did you fly in to BWI?

Thanks again for your help.
if you look at my post history, you should be able to find my post in the “what did you pay” thread. If I remember correctly, it was the $1195 destination charge, $676 for registration and processing fees, and then taxes. My final cost was $33.6k and most of the costs above their advertised price were my state taxes ($2300 or so).

I flew into BWI and they sent me an Uber code to grab an Uber right at the airport.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

New (or CPO) 2019
XLT
Remote Start

I am going to say this. If you are thinking of buying a 2019 do it now. The 6100.00 rebates they are selling fast at least here. One dealer by me has one 2019 truck left on the lot.

I just went through this.
First off 302A was not available in any color I want and barely any available in other colors. The color I wanted was out except in lower trims.
They ended up trading for a truck for my second choice of color and had only 3 to choose from. I had to take a different package than I wanted and get some of the stuff installed. I ended up with a few things I didn't want.

If you don't care about color you will still be ok. My dealer had about 5 or so magnetic and one black and one silver.

I waited to long. Since the rebate they are selling them like crazy. My sales person sold 3 in one day.

For the rebates you need to take delivery by Monday even though they have ways to stretch it some.

6100.00 in rebates plus most dealers are giving 2000.00 additional off. There are a few more rebates for some like trade allowances.

Last edited:

ausable

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to say this. If you are thinking of buying a 2019 do it now. The 6100.00 rebates they are selling fast at least here. One dealer by me has one 2019 truck left on the lot.

I just went through this.
First off 302A was not available in any color I want and barely any available in other colors. The color I wanted was out except in lower trims.
They ended up trading for a truck for my second choice of color and had only 3 to choose from. I had to take a different package than I wanted and get some of the stuff installed. I ended up with a few things I didn't want.

If you don't care about color you will still be ok. My dealer had about 5 or so magnetic and one black and one silver.

I waited to long. Since the rebate they are selling them like crazy. My sales person sold 3 in one day.

For the rebates you need to take delivery by Monday even though they have ways to stretch it some.

6100.00 in rebates plus most dealers are giving 2000.00 additional off. There are a few more rebates for some like trade allowances.

So agree. Inventory is shrinking fast. Use CarGurus.com, AutoTrader.com, etc to find most of the inventory in your area. Search a 400 mile radius. The total rebates, incentives, yada yada added up to almost $9200 so we jumped. Had intended to just order a 2020, but these prices won't be matched anytime soon.
Sponsored