Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Underhood LED lighting installed. 8 inch -18 LED bar from Amazon, $9...wiring/switch left over from other lighting projects...30 minute install...:like:
wNmJ6l6.jpg

5cmmd1u.jpg

2aPTaoh.jpg

BMDoZsb.jpg

UiQzuWK.jpg

WlzCcIU.jpg
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
The light looks good!

Are you still running the Eibachs with the stock springs at 2.25”? Just wondered your thoughts of them after you’ve put the miles on them. Aside from the height increase, would you still consider them a good upgrade over the stock stuff?

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The light looks good!

Are you still running the Eibachs with the stock springs at 2.25”? Just wondered your thoughts of them after you’ve put the miles on them. Aside from the height increase, would you still consider them a good upgrade over the stock stuff?
I LOVE them!
admittedly I'm using stock front springs but may change them over to the Eibach...maybe...but definitely recommend this set as a step up from stock...I may or may not find the need for $1600 CO...we'll see...

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I LOVE them!
admittedly I'm using stock front springs but may change them over to the Eibach...maybe...but definitely recommend this set as a step up from stock...I may or may not find the need for $1600 CO...we'll see...
Thanks, that's exactly the response I was hoping for. Everyone I've asked that has used them never tried them with the OEM springs so it's good to hear there is still a noticeable improvement with them.

I would use the new springs for sure if I was looking for the 3" of lift but I think I'd be happier with the 2.25" setting, and I'm sure you're aware it's not an option to use the Eibach springs for that. I'm thinking I'm better off saving the bit of cash and just ordering the two struts and shocks separately without the springs!

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that's exactly the response I was hoping for. Everyone I've asked that has used them never tried them with the OEM springs so it's good to hear there is still a noticeable improvement with them.

I would use the new springs for sure if I was looking for the 3" of lift but I think I'd be happier with the 2.25" setting, and I'm sure you're aware it's not an option to use the Eibach springs for that. I'm thinking I'm better off saving the bit of cash and just ordering the two struts and shocks separately without the springs!
Good move...but why are you getting rid of your ditch light brackets? I love these...:)

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good move...but why are you getting rid of your ditch light brackets? I love these...:)
My wife isn’t a fan of the look, and it’s her truck as much as mine! That and I realized it would be more of a pain to clean the ice and snow around them!

El Renno

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yes:like:

Still working on the LED amber lights. Making brackets as I post...

TuGXe4P.jpg
I really like the lights you mounted in your Raptor grille. They look great. I have a Lariat that I want to put that grille on. The parking/DRL's are white instead of amber, so I checked the Amazon link you provided and decided to look up Grand General. I found that for the 77650 series lights, no only do they have amber, like you used, but they have red, blue, green, and white. So I think I will get the white and follow your lead.

One question: I haven't read all the way through your post yet. How/where did you wire these in? Stage 3 Motorsports offers a premade set that plugs right into the marker lights.

https://grandgeneral.com/?s=77650

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the lights you mounted in your Raptor grille. They look great. I have a Lariat that I want to put that grille on. The parking/DRL's are white instead of amber, so I checked the Amazon link you provided and decided to look up Grand General. I found that for the 77650 series lights, no only do they have amber, like you used, but they have red, blue, green, and white. So I think I will get the white and follow your lead.

One question: I haven't read all the way through your post yet. How/where did you wire these in? Stage 3 Motorsports offers a premade set that plugs right into the marker lights.

https://grandgeneral.com/?s=77650
They're tapped into the marker harness...read further as I've helped others sort this out...there's photos of the wire you need to tap into...I think it's green/orange or something like that...

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t wait to see where else you manage to squeeze some lights in. I think you have all bases covered.
Just waiting for the LUX rock lights to arrive and I'll take a pic at night and see if that's enough to attract Big Foot lol. If I get around to installing rails for the RTT, I'll move the floods at my rear bumper to the side and mount my spare set of spots to replace them at the rear...all in all, I have 2 power slots open on my Trigger 3001. One will switch the rock lights and the other for the side flood.

When all said and done, I'll have 4 Rigid spot and 2 Rigid flood out front, 2 Baja SAE fogs, LED primary headlamps, 2 ProComp flood at the side, 2 ProComp spot facing rear and 8 LUX rock lights down below...That about covers 360:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The roof looks pretty bare to me. :idea:
I think I'm not going to mount anything on the roof simply because I want to be able to park this baby in garage. When I do mount the rack for RTT on Diamondback, it'll be the same set up as "Last Line of Defense". He has a cut down rack from Frontrunner that keeps his tent at the same height as roof line. I like that for aero and of course parking in the garage...This is what I'm going after minus the roof rack...the Skycamp Mini fits the short bed and fold out side ways...

lighter.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just waiting for the LUX rock lights to arrive and I'll take a pic at night and see if that's enough to attract Big Foot lol. If I get around to installing rails for the RTT, I'll move the floods at my rear bumper to the side and mount my spare set of spots to replace them at the rear...all in all, I have 2 power slots open on my Trigger 3001. One will switch the rock lights and the other for the side flood. That about covers 360:)
They should be able to see you on the next space shuttle. :LOL:

I think I'm not going to mount anything on the roof simply because I want to be able to park this baby in garage. When I do mount the rack for RTT on Diamondback, it'll be the same set up as "Last Line of Defense". He has a cut down rack from Frontrunner that keeps his tent at the same height as roof line. I like that for aero and of course parking in the garage...This is what I'm going after minus the roof rack...the Skycamp Mini fits the short bed and fold out side ways...

lighter.jpg

That's going to look really good. Looking forward to seeing it al done up. :like:

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

lighter.jpg
That's my intention also. Keep it low enough to get into the garage. That way I can hoist the RTT on and off to my garage ceiling also.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

lighter.jpg
I watch his channel and also love his truck and setup (better it if were a Ranger though ). lol If you are in the market for an RTT right this second, check out the Roofnest Condor. It's in preorder now and is much cheaper than the iKamper but VERY similar. I preordered the larger one to go on my bed rack. It'll extend over the tailgate (similar to the X-cover LLOD was rocking) but I need the room for my family so it is what it is. Hoping to have the tent sometime around the new year so i can go out and break it in on a cold winter camp.
Sponsored