Modem Issue?

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Any of you had issue with your embedded modem? I will have to take mine in to the dealer to have them trouble shoot it.

My FordPass App was not connecting to my truck, so after a few attempt on my end of resetting it, removing the app, I reached out to FordPass customer service and they said something is wrong with my modem and needs to be looked at.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Trade your truck to someone who has one that works, but wants one that doesn't, or just take it in :)

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
The only thing I can offer is possibly disconnecting the negative battery cable. Then tap the brake lights a few times (they do this to disarm air bags). Walk away, grab a beer then hook it back up and see. This is the only way to do a hard reset on these computers that cars have in them these days. If that doesn't work, then of to the dealer for a reflash/replace I suppose. Then again, with what I've heard about our wiring, the plug might not be seated very well either.

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
A Lot of people had issues one or two weekends ago. Deleting and reinstalling the app resolved the issue for most of them, including me.

OP
OP
Traneman

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
The only thing I can offer is possibly disconnecting the negative battery cable. Then tap the brake lights a few times (they do this to disarm air bags). Walk away, grab a beer then hook it back up and see. This is the only way to do a hard reset on these computers that cars have in them these days. If that doesn't work, then of to the dealer for a reflash/replace I suppose. Then again, with what I've heard about our wiring, the plug might not be seated very well either.
I've done that and left off over night, and no changes.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I've done that and left off over night, and no changes.
Damn it. I know that I had issues when I first got the truck. My wifes phone wouldn't play nice at all. My phone worked no problem. Weird.

Tiewunon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2018 Lincoln MKX, 2017 F-150 King R
Occupation
Retired
Have this same issue at vehicle delivery yesterday. Refused to drive it off the lot. Dealership put me in a rental ranger to trouble shoot mine.
Never have had any issues in our King Ranch or Lincoln. Hopefully its a quick diagnose and fix.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me when I first got my truck... I master reset sync 3, deleted the truck from the ford pass app then re-added it and started the authorization process again. After starting and shutting down the truck a few times with 2-3 minutes in between each startup it eventually popped up the authorization screen on the display, hit yes and all worked fine after that.

OP
OP
Traneman

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I was able to take it into my dealer this morning after being gone on vacation for a couple of weeks, and they were see what my issues is and they tried resetting the modem and lead service teach said this is a new one for him. He wants to do other research on this before he replaces the modem.

Daddit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I was able to take it into my dealer this morning after being gone on vacation for a couple of weeks, and they were see what my issues is and they tried resetting the modem and lead service teach said this is a new one for him. He wants to do other research on this before he replaces the modem.
Any updates on your issue? Did you ever get it fixed? I am also having the same problem and Ford told me to just take it in to the dealer. I have tried master reset to no avail.

OP
OP
Traneman

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Any updates on your issue? Did you ever get it fixed? I am also having the same problem and Ford told me to just take it in to the dealer. I have tried master reset to no avail.
They ordered a new one and they just called me to bring it in. I will be going in next Monday morning and will update.

Daddit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
They installed the modem/pc? and did a Sync reset, removed the app on my phone, and reinstalled everything and it works!!!!!!!! Now I have my remote start!
Awesome!!! Glad to hear it all worked out. When I get a chance I will be doing the same.
Sponsored