First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Got to see my check today, very obvious even on a copy that it was tampered with.

Check cashed at an Ascend Credit Union, this bank was very reluctant to reveal that. They also had me sign an affidavit that I wrote the check and it was notarized. Maybe because the perp added a thousand to it but my wife with her check at Regions did not have to do that.

Ascend also wants a copy of the police report, not just the file number that Regions accepted with the wife’s check.

Very disappointed and it’s a hassle to get a copy of the police report plus it will cost me.

May go back to the bank today and bitch, I’m a long time customer with plenty money in CD’s and saving, I feel I deserve a bit more respect.
They screwed up cashing an obvious fraudulent check. Thought a Credit Union had higher standards.

BTW, I’ve had dealings with Wells Fargo in the past and they sucked back then.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kieefer

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Police are still investigating.
Money is back in the bank despite them needing a copy of the police report.

Police told me that when the bank refunds your money it usually means the fraud department of the bank begins their investigation.
Satisfied for now but the third check that I put a hold on hasn’t showed up and this bank is charging me $38 to put that hold on. F’ing can win here.
Going to see them and plead my case with hopes of another refund.

OP
OP
kieefer

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
All of our money has been recovered.

We were considering pressing charges if they caught the creep but it sounds risking on our end, and maybe expensive in the long run. So we figured the banks can pursue this trash since they have a full department devoted to fraud.

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Our problem down here is the homeless wait for mail/ FedEx etc and steal the packages and sell to people at local gas station. Sheriff arrests them but have no money so they back at it again sometimes next day

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to read this and for the scam you got taken on. I had a situation on Ebay a while ago that the seller sent me something, but it did not match the description. Nothing I could do at the time. Any problems I have ever had with buying on the internet has been with people without much history. Good Call Out on looking for activity from the seller the next time.
Sponsored