Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Just found it on automotivestuff.com for $37.67 with free shipping. Looks like they are out of DE. Will see if I actually get it...

https://www.automotivestuff.com/dee-zee-dz43206-tailgate-assist-cable.html

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE... Knew it was too good to be true... after many attempts to confirm the order, got this today:

Part: Dee Zee DZ43206 - Tailgate Assist Shock

The product you ordered Is out of stock with the manufacturer with NO eta on when it will be back in production. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, give us a call at 1800-995-8177 to source you some alternatives or simply reply to this email with an alternative part number.

Thank you,

Automotive Stuff Support

dnd.JPG

I will not be purchasing from them again... apologize for the tease if any were enticed!! :)
Sponsored

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the tailgate damper from Levittown Ford (sponsor) for 40.25 and 2 sill plates for $21.86 and free ship cause my order was over $50.
Just had my rewards points drop in... definitely sending them a message! Thx for the heads up!!

dambrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I ordered mine through our parts department and received it within 3 days. Just got around to installing it yesterday. Took me about 10 minutes to install. So far, works like a charm, but the wires do get in the way.

Ranger Tailgate Assist.JPG

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Ordered 11/6 and was able to pick it up tonight. I'll install tonight. Thanks everyone

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who ordered from Varsity Ford...

0A22E8E7-FDA2-40C2-871F-C66ED34798A8.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You'll have a shorter wait for Popeye's chicken sandwich...:giggle:

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE... Knew it was too good to be true... after many attempts to confirm the order, got this today:

The product you ordered Is out of stock with the manufacturer with NO eta on when it will be back in production. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, give us a call at 1800-995-8177 to source you some alternatives or simply reply to this email with an alternative part number.

Thank you,

Automotive Stuff Support

dnd.JPG

I will not be purchasing from them again... apologize for the tease if any were enticed!! :)
Same here...I’ll just get it from my Ford dealer

Thank you,
Automotive Stuff Support

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I received mine in the mail today! Super excited.

61F5656A-46FA-42E5-ACFF-1EA8DD30FB06.jpeg

5B000328-56BE-4D32-92F3-DE362BCECD4B.jpeg
Ah crap. I was sure I had the required T50 torx bit but I don’t. The largest I have was the T40. But with the magic of Amazon, the T50 is on its way and will be on my doorstep for me when I get home from work tomorrow

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
Ah crap. I was sure I had the required T50 torx bit but I don’t. The largest I have was the T40. But with the magic of Amazon, the T50 is on its way and will be on my doorstep for me when I get home from work tomorrow
Don't worry, super easy install as everyone else has shared, too

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
so, hands up on who thinks Ford is re-evaluating whether to do a factory installed tailgate damper as an option now??
Judging by the number of sold out and back orders you see, it's quite a popular mod for the ladies who bought Rangers.
Nah, as an accessory item it's not something that's going to be an option on the build sheet. And you know where you can stick your ladies comment.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
so, hands up on who thinks Ford is re-evaluating whether to do a factory installed tailgate damper as an option now??
Judging by the number of sold out and back orders you see, it's quite a popular mod for the ladies who bought Rangers.
It'll definitely be on the next gen, so they don't have to deal with idiotic reviews where someone drops the tailgate and jumps back in shock. Rolling the cost into the base price for the truck is cheaper than PR explaining why that is stupid. I'd guess either they didn't realize how many stupid reviewers there were, or they did but didn't want part supply issues to hold up production and went ahead anyway.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
It'll definitely be on the next gen, so they don't have to deal with idiotic reviews where someone drops the tailgate and jumps back in shock. Rolling the cost into the base price for the truck is cheaper than PR explaining why that is stupid. I'd guess either they didn't realize how many stupid reviewers there were, or they did but didn't want part supply issues to hold up production and went ahead anyway.
I seem to remember a video of an Aussie or Euro Ranger with a built in, not an add on, damper not too long ago...

faiello

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Picked mine up today from my dealer. Need to get it installed over the weekend.
Sponsored