First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
:clap:
LOL, :clap: Actually, a Porsche deserves to be driven, maintained well and enjoyed. I drive me vehicles, maintain them well and enjoy the ride. Yes, there are those who detail them every day and enjoy that. Just sayin. :like:
:clap: I’m in the same boat as you bud. I drive and enjoy my truck everyday. And I certainly don't have the time to detail it everyday. In fact, if you detail the way I did you don’t have to touch it or clean it that often. It’s stays cleaner longer.

Back to the topic and OP’s original thread. You have Magnetic wheels, do you care to share what you use on yours and how you maintain them? :thumbsup: Anything to contribute?
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
:clap: I’m in the same boat as you bud. I drive and enjoy my truck everyday. And I certainly don't have the time to detail it everyday. In fact, if you detail the way I did you don’t have to touch it or clean it that often. It’s stays cleaner longer.
Back to the topic and OP’s original thread. You have Magnetic wheels, do you care to share what you use on yours and how you maintain them? :thumbsup: Anything to contribute?
Gee, and I was so enjoying the back and forth. Sure, I use Griots wheel cleaner. Works wonders on the Magnetic wheels as well as the Porsche.

50EB3307-457B-44AD-B51D-5667235600A3.jpeg
2FBF0ACD-F0F8-4D0E-A6B5-D08EB8DA8F25.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranger8729

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I actually enjoy detailing my vehicles. It also makes it easier to clean up again after getting it dirty. Plus, it is nice to have shiny things!

My 1987 is still rocking the original paint to this day. It's getting very thin, but still gleams.
IMG_20190803_113807.jpg

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I have used Rejex on black wheels with success in the past so I think it will work well on the magnetic. Just coated mine this past weekend so will see how they hold up. Goes on real easy and wipes right off.
C0734F76-EAE9-449D-9975-99A056D78661.jpeg

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got my truck back from the body shop after being rear ended 2 hours after buying it! :) Now it's time to get to work on the details. I'm planning on clay, extra light correction, and some sealant for the body. The wheels have me still thinking. These are my first set of painted wheels; i've always had chrome. What would you guys suggest as the best way to clean/prep these guys?

I thought about taking them off the truck and hand detailing them, but I air travel M-Th so time is precious to me. I don't want to scratch up the lug holes if I don't have a thin enough socket either. How are you guys prepping and keeping yours clean?
go to the dollar store and pick up a toilet brush it gets into all the crooks and cranies

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I put 152k miles on my 2012 Focus. I never used any special cleaner or sealant. The wheels looked the same as when I bought it when clean. I did have it Xzylon'd twice while I owned it. Maybe that helped. I had paint sealant, interior protection applied when I got the Ranger.
Sponsored