First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Let me know what you find out please. I had mine ceramic coated as well; not sure if anything will stick on it, but don't want to remvove it. I wanted to get the coated done right away before long trips and bug guts. Had the ceramic added after the paint protective film.
Greg,
Finally got the chance to talk with the detailed regarding the effect of the ceramic coating and the stick-on letters. He replied that because the coating provides such a hard and super smooth surface, it ā€˜couldā€™ have a small adverse effect on the adherence of the letters but it ā€˜shouldā€™ be ok. The only alternative if your coating was professionally applied, would be to sand it off first. I wonā€™t be doing that. I will be applying over the coating. Just be sure to use the alcohol swabs to make sure the surface is clean. I will post pics when finished (whenever that happens).

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Posted in the other thread, but my BDtrims came in.

20191007_182215.jpg

20191007_182333.jpg

20191007_182314.jpg
You might have to get a specialty plate - like Florida Salutes Veterans, or Support our Troops. That green and orange FL plate clashes with those awesome red, white and blue letters. I couldnā€™t wait another week or so for the flag letters (altho I wish I did), so I ā€œsettledā€ for the red/black carbon. Looks great on my white truck, and fortunately Montana has a blue plate.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Finally got the chance to install my flag motif letters over the ā€˜ceramicā€™ coating on my magnetic tailgate. So far, they seem to stick ok. I did have some trouble with the skinny narrow Middle fingers of the letters ā€˜Gā€™ and ā€˜Eā€™. They didnā€™t want to stay laying flat. I ended up applying a single drop of super glue to each strip and it seems to working good.

as soon as I learn how to upload and post pictures to the site, I will post a pic.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Finally got the chance to install my flag motif letters over the ā€˜ceramicā€™ coating on my magnetic tailgate. So far, they seem to stick ok. I did have some trouble with the skinny narrow Middle fingers of the letters ā€˜Gā€™ and ā€˜Eā€™. They didnā€™t want to stay laying flat. I ended up applying a single drop of super glue to each strip and it seems to working good.

as soon as I learn how to upload and post pictures to the site, I will post a pic.
Next to the "post reply" button is an upload button to attach a picture.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Put them on this weekend, Iā€™m happy with how it came out and matches the Sport trim well.

80226035-8E0D-4425-BEF5-45E84813B482.jpeg
Looks like a pretty close match. It looks really good with the blue!

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Got the Ford letters on today...
F0172AC8-CF18-4FCF-8C03-E060D0C04810.jpeg

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Been waiting for your post of this. In fact, I like the whole rear of the truck look....except for one minor little detail, that tag frame...Go Bills!!

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Been waiting for your post of this. In fact, I like the whole rear of the truck look....except for one minor little detail, that tag frame...Go Bills!!
Thank you, much appreciated!! Even from a Bills fan, although, it is nice to finally have some competition in the division!!
Sponsored