Full plasti-dip black out finally complete!!!

OP
OP
VolRanger24

VolRanger24

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Reading this just gave me an idea - I don't know if anyone has tried this - There is also a clear plasti-dip spray. Has anyone used this instead of paint protection film for some of the lower panels?

Wondering if it might be an option rather than the film. It might be more forgiving to apply than the film as a DIY Project.
I haven't tried but have had the same idea. Still deciding if I am going to plastidip the whole body or not. If i decide not to then I am probably going to try the clear on the front few inches of the hood to act as a protective screen...
Sponsored

Hbombed

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xl supercrew
I left them on, mainly because the electrical connection would just not release (sure I was doing it wrong) but I did undo the screws that hold it in place so I could tape off properly. They came out fine.
Yeah I had a hard time too and tried with taping while they were still on but it dripped a lot. Maybe I just need to go slower on layering?

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed...

D8947A45-12EE-44BB-9D56-ADC577738B69.jpeg
Well done on the tailgate! When you did the rear emblem/camera bezel, did you remove it from the tailgate? And, did the emblem pop right off? Swapping mine with a black/red emblem and plan to dip the bezel as well. Thx!

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Well done on the tailgate! When you did the rear emblem/camera bezel, did you remove it from the tailgate? And, did the emblem pop right off? Swapping mine with a black/red emblem and plan to dip the bezel as well. Thx!
I plasti-dipped all my badges, there's a small hole on the bottom to the right of the logo, pops right off with a trim removal poker. Keep track of the clips, they like to fall off.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Funny, I just noticed yesterday that there is some protection film already on certain spots. I thought I saw a scratch or a crack and it turns out to be clear film and a small piece was a tad peeled. Possibly from road crud. I trimmed it and laid it back down. Was just behind the rear door on the low fender. Didn't have time but I need to look really close at the whole truck lower. Hard to see because it's black.
Here's a photo of a CrewCab I test drove where you can see the protective film. The lighter the color... the easier it is to see.

My truck also had some of this film flapping in the wind due to incorrect placement at the factory. I ended up cutting the part that was loose off using an x-acto knife.

007.JPG

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Reading this just gave me an idea - I don't know if anyone has tried this - There is also a clear plasti-dip spray. Has anyone used this instead of paint protection film for some of the lower panels?

Wondering if it might be an option rather than the film. It might be more forgiving to apply than the film as a DIY Project.
Im curious about this also, They dont have fluid film or anything other than rubberized undercoating here. Im not using that stuff on my unit.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Im curious about this also, They dont have fluid film or anything other than rubberized undercoating here. Im not using that stuff on my unit.
The clear is only meant to be put over plasti-dip per the manufacturer is you are talking about the gloss dip

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a photo of a CrewCab I test drove where you can see the protective film. The lighter the color... the easier it is to see.

My truck also had some of this film flapping in the wind due to incorrect placement at the factory. I ended up cutting the part that was loose off using an x-acto knife.

007.JPG
Had the same thing and did the same thing you did...

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
The clear is only meant to be put over plasti-dip per the manufacturer is you are talking about the gloss dip
I was thinking of the black, as long as it would not trap moisture.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of the black, as long as it would not trap moisture.
It won't trap water, but it will not exactly be high gloss over black dip. It will be nicer, just not high gloss like the trucks paint. Put it on in thin layers, let dry, then the gloss clear.. Don't like it? Peel it off, e-z peezy..
Sponsored