svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Start/Stop is 100% disabled in sport mode, of yours wasn't then you had other problems.
I don't know if it's problems, I don't feel there was any... but like said, it's disabled. Even if it worked, I would still have preferred it being permanently disabled by Forscan due to the fact that I don't like driving in sports mode other than when I go downhill. I have heavy feet and the car learned it, the only thing sports mode does to me is keeping me needlessly in lower gears and higher RPMs.
Sponsored

Fordstanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1969 ProStreet Mustang, 94 Lightning, 2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if an accessory hitch light would also trip the trailer connection.

Does anyone know if the 4 pin will deactivate s/s or the 7 pin, or both?

Sure, the console button works but I would rather not take a test every time I get in this truck.

Between the Sync notifications and this S/S feature It’s driving me nuts.

Deleted member 1634

Sure, the console button works but I would rather not take a test every time I get in this truck.

Plugging anything into the trailer wiring points will deactivate the start/stop as far as I know. But it might also trick the truck into deactivating other things like reverse sensing and cross-traffic alert. I know those turn off when I connect my actual trailer to the harness connections. So I'd imagine it would do the same for anything else.

txpetroguy

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase

This might be a solution for you: https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a LED in mine too. It just seems like there are a few who have had theirs stop working and like the feature where I hate it and mine works. :explode:

It wouldn't be so bad with a little longer delay. Where I live I have to stop 3 times in 1/2 mile just to get out of my community to the main road,it's annoying having it always shut off so quick. I tried braking lighter as someone suggested but it still shuts down.
For those short little trips, just drive it in S (sport). That turns the auto start/stop off

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Put in the nightlight to turn it off and never looked back.. Mileage is still great and feel more secure with engine running. :^)
I carry around my JNC660 (jump box) in the back. I just plugged it in to keep it charged at all times and wa-la, no more s/s.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
There's a 25% off black Friday discount code right now, (CM25) good until Dec 3rd. Free shipping and it came to $63.75. I just ordered one up.

I like this solution better than the OBD plugs as it's a real solution that is essentially an automatic button presser, not an ECU trick or trailer trick that could have other effects. It's literally just pressing the button for you.

I leave you with this:The truth about engine stop start systems

He calls is BS technology created by arrogant car makers simply to cook the books on mileage. It's also why your Ranger city gas mileage never comes close what's on the window sticker.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There's a 25% off black Friday discount code right now, (CM25) good until Dec 3rd. Free shipping and it came to $63.75. I just ordered one up.

I like this solution better than the OBD plugs as it's a real solution that is essentially an automatic button presser, not an ECU trick or trailer trick that could have other effects. It's literally just pressing the button for you.

I leave you with this:The truth about engine stop start systems

He calls is BS technology created by arrogant car makers simply to cook the books on mileage. It's also why your Ranger city gas mileage never comes close what's on the window sticker.

This guy is VERY opinionated. I have to disagree with his contention that the engine doesn't consume any fuel while idling. I can personally vouch that if I warm up my truck for 5-10 mins, it GREATLY affects my MPG for that tank. For whatever reason, this engine seems to gulp fuel while idling. The question is exactly HOW much fuel the auto start/stop does save. My guess (and it is just a guess) is that it doesn't save THAT much fuel, but it does save SOME. It would be interesting for someone to do some highly scientific tests doing the same things with it enabled and disabled and see what the difference in fuel consumption is. It would be really hard to keep the conditions controlled, but it would be very interesting data.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah he is opinionated. So am I, and my opinion matches his. Oh I'm sure it does use some gas to turn it off. Probably seriously depends on where you have to drive. If you have 30 blocks of stoplights to get through that aren't on a timing system - and you end up stopping for every light, you will save some gas. And probably burn out your starter in a couple years if you have to travel that daily.

I'm just annoyed by the auto stop/start. There's a reason everyone hates these, and it does seem kinda funny that every single car with this "feature" will not remember a setting for it to stay off. Like Mr John Cadogan, I'm calling BS.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This guy is VERY opinionated. I have to disagree with his contention that the engine doesn't consume any fuel while idling. I can personally vouch that if I warm up my truck for 5-10 mins, it GREATLY affects my MPG for that tank. For whatever reason, this engine seems to gulp fuel while idling. The question is exactly HOW much fuel the auto start/stop does save. My guess (and it is just a guess) is that it doesn't save THAT much fuel, but it does save SOME. It would be interesting for someone to do some highly scientific tests doing the same things with it enabled and disabled and see what the difference in fuel consumption is. It would be really hard to keep the conditions controlled, but it would be very interesting data.
Hi Rob,

This data does exist inside Ford Motor Co. Letting it out is probably not going to happen. The auto stop/start is there for the the emission test as where the idle time is part of the test and with the engine stopped, emissions into the test bags from the tailpipe stops. This gives the emission test calibrators some "wiggle" room. This test also calculates the fuel economy, City, Highway and Combined that are part of the Monroney Label (Window Sticker).

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
If it's there for emissions I'm surprised car makers aren't getting tagged for cheating the way Volkswagen was. That's essentially what it is: cheating the tests, not just for gas mileage but for emissions too. Gas mileage is probably just the reason they put down for the system's existence so they are less likely to get flagged for cheating emissions.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If it's there for emissions I'm surprised car makers aren't getting tagged for cheating the way Volkswagen was. That's essentially what it is: cheating the tests, not just for gas mileage but for emissions too. Gas mileage is probably just the reason they put down for the system's existence so they are less likely to get flagged for cheating emissions.
It is definitely not cheating...it is operating in the allowed rules. VW cheated. Ford and other mfgs. did not cheat, they operated by the rules. In 1974, Ford emission systems had a sensor in the door jamb that allowed the emissions system to turn on at the standard Temp and Pressure of the emissions test...EPA was enraged but the way they wrote the law, it was not cheating. So the EPA modified the rules to include defeat devices. Start/stop is not a defeat device, but you do have a disable button, so per the EPA rules you as the Manufacturer have to demonstrate how many people will defeat the feature how many times and then they adjust the emissions standards based on the determined percentage of people that would use the feature. All this is within the EPA laws. What VW and other European Manufactures did was create a hard to find electronic way to defeat the emissions requirements in the misguided attempt to deceive the EPA. There is no deception of Stop/Start.

Ford did deceive the EPA in 1973 and had their certifications pulled as the result of unscheduled maintenance. The company was fined $3 million in civil and $3 million criminal...a fine that was unheard of before in the history of the USA. A total embarrassment for Ford. A lot of heads rolled in that debacle. Corporate Ethics were dragged through the mud for Ford.

I hired into Ford in 1973 and when Ford found out I had been a mechanic, I was assigned to the Recertification program for several months, charged with helping build the recert fleet of vehicles as a result of this cheating. I knew how to build these trucks as a mechanic, now a Train Driver, and my build throughput was through the roof as I would grab wrenches and sling these wrenches side by side with the mechanics. It was a busy time at Ford.

The takeaway from this is to watch where you apply the word Cheat. Ford and other mfgs who adopted Start/Stop are NOT
cheating.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 jeep after a year or so needed a new battery and a new switch to make it work again and until then it was always charging the battery so stop start wouldn't work it took FCA 3 months to get it fixed.
My Rangers stop start works a little different but the coolant still had to be up to temperature along with the block and after driving my Ranger for a little over a month it seems to be the same as the Jeep but I think it works a little sooner, I like it each to His own on the like or dislike.
Your battery may be having a problem have it checked at the dealership if you have time.

1105191016b_Burst01.jpg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Its also there for CAFE rating
Sponsored