How do I use my FordPass Rewards to purchase accessories?

FASRanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2014 Mustang GT/CS and a 1989 GT Mustang vert.
Occupation
Aerospace Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
I know some of you have used your rewards points towards purchases.. How's it work? Do I have to go where I purchased the truck or can I go to my local Ford dealership to redeem/use my points? Thanx people :)

IMG_0960.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You can go to any Ford dealership to use your points. I just used mine to purchase a tailgate damper and it wasn't the dealership I purchased my Ranger from.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
You can go to any Ford dealership to use your points. I just used mine to purchase a tailgate damper and it wasn't the dealership I purchased my Ranger from.
How many points did it cost?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How many points did it cost?
10,880 points. With tax it was $54.40. I know you can get them cheaper online but I wanted to use my points.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
10,880 points. With tax it was $54.40. I know you can get them cheaper online but I wanted to use my points.
ok, so each point is worth $0.005, nice to know.

FASRanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2014 Mustang GT/CS and a 1989 GT Mustang vert.
Occupation
Aerospace Lab Technician
Vehicle Showcase
You need to go to the service department and have them write a ticket for the purchase. The parts department doesn't process this.

yeah....that's what I need to know!!! i'm sure my local dealership will try to play dumb.. they are slow about these types of things

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
my dealer called me the other day to remind me about my free oil change and I politely told her I do my own maintenance she said ok biut it's here if you want it. I just looked on fordpass and my 42,000 points were deducted for "Redeem for PMP or LMP" Im guessing that stands for Preventative maintenance preformed OR light? maintenance performed or something like that.
I wonder what this is about as I haven't had anything done to the truck.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Keep in mind the points expire after 365 days.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
I didn't activate my modem & just checked & my points are gone.
Al

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Todd,Ford pass points expire after 1 year?
I talked with my dealer about this as I have 2 years of free oil changes with them. He said if there's no activity the points could/may fall off after a year but to just contact them and they can re-add them.

I know a lot of people are having trouble with their dealers regarding the FPP because some dealers don't understand how they work. Mines actually been really great with everything so far and even when I bought my tailgate damper I just picked it up at the parts counter and went over to the cashier and she knew exactly what to do. Since every dealer is different I would recommend contacting yours just to verify.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
You need to go to the service department and have them write a ticket for the purchase. The parts department doesn't process this.
Not with my dealer, I had a tailgate dampener on hold at the dealer's part department, I told the parts person I intended to use my Ford Pass rewards to purchase it last week.
He then had service generate a repair order to charge the part out on (after I supplied my VIN and mileage), I just picked up the part today, did not have to deal with service at all.
Of course other dealers have different procedures, but one thing is for sure, service must generate a RO so that the part can be accounted for.

Last edited:

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if this will help , but I purchased a hitch and ball for 54.00 and they reduced the rewards points by 10500 then ford pass added 540 points back on to the rewards points for a total of 31740 left on the ford pass rewards. I just bought a engine cover and that charge was 57.00, but that one has not been completed by service yet as it is service at my dealership that applies points and takes them off the ford pass rewards. Parts personnel do not know how to use the points as payments for the parts they sell at my store. I am guessing they will reduce my rewards points roughly by 10700. Adding the 10500 and the 10700 together is 21200 points off of the 42000 , so you see can't get a very high priced item with 42000 points 210 is the most as stated in prior comment, but ford does add points back on even though we don't pay out of pocket cash.
I do have the cover on the engine now as they let me take it when I went into the store for my 1st oil change.
Keep smiling and trucking.

1024191317.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I don't know if this will help , but I purchased a hitch and ball for 54.00 and they reduced the rewards points by 10500 then ford pass added 540 points back on to the rewards points for a total of 31740 left on the ford pass rewards. I just bought a engine cover and that charge was 57.00, but that one has not been completed by service yet as it is service at my dealership that applies points and takes them off the ford pass rewards. Parts personnel do not know how to use the points as payments for the parts they sell at my store. I am guessing they will reduce my rewards points roughly by 10700. Adding the 10500 and the 10700 together is 21200 points off of the 42000 , so you see can't get a very high priced item with 42000 points 210 is the most as stated in prior comment, but ford does add points back on even though we don't pay out of pocket cash.
I do have the cover on the engine now as they let me take it when I went into the store for my 1st oil change.
Keep smiling and trucking.

1024191317.jpg
I do believe you are correct where it's the service and not parts department's responsibility for closure of the transaction just by virtue of them generating the RO to begin with.
My tailgate dampener kit was strictly "cash and carry" so to speak, I am certainly not willing to pay someone to install an item which should take me 15 minutes, tops.
Ford had no such rewards program in existence when I worked at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership as a line mechanic for almost 14 years some time ago...it's sure an excellent avenue for added revenue.

Edit: Fabulous 4x4 you got there!
Sponsored