New Members Introduce Yourself!

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello, Dennis here. Ordered my new Ranger today - XLT CrewCab, 4x4, Shadow Black, 302A Package, Tech package, spray-in bedliner, hard folding tonneau, and a few other goodies. Have owned 3 or 4 Rangers in the past, but have been driving a Chevy Colorado until Ford got its senses back and brought back the Ranger.
Hey welcome @DHare and @Stic-o and congrats on your orders! Curious - was there any wiggle room from the dealers on your deals?
Sponsored

smlford

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 SRW, CC diesel, Ranger, 2.3l gas, Porsche 986S
Hi guys!
My name is Eddie and I live in Virginia. I'm a car/truck guy and am looking forward to seeing the new RR come to the states, hopefully with the diesel as has been shown on the video.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday, 10/8, went back and changed the color to Saber. They have a nice notebook of slick color samples (about 10"x10") that gives a much better idea of the actual color than brochures of pictures on the internet. And you can take it outside to see what it really looks like.

Nadeshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma and '17 Mustang Ecoboost
Yesterday, 10/8, went back and changed the color to Saber. They have a nice notebook of slick color samples (about 10"x10") that gives a much better idea of the actual color than brochures of pictures on the internet. And you can take it outside to see what it really looks like.
Hey any chance you get a picture of the color sample page?

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
No, Nadeshot, no picture of it, but your dealer should have the color book with all Ford colors for all vehicles. Saber looks golden in the sunlight. I found that the pictures online and in their brochure are not very accurate. E.g. the Hot Pepper Red looks almost candy apple red in pictures, but on a real car it is somewhat orangish red.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
Hello Ranger5g my name is Blake and I'm a vehicle consultant at a Ford Lincoln dealership here in the beautiful state of Washington. I have been tracking the Ranger for a very long time. I'm very excited to see it roll out. I currently drive a Tacoma which I love but the seats hurt and the transmission is atrocious(can be fixed for a fee). But I may cross over and buy a Ranger or wait for the Ranger Raptor, these trucks are truly what I've been waiting for! If anyone needs help preordering one, please feel free to contact me and I will help you as best as I can.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Ric from So Cal. I’ve been waiting for the Ranger redo. My last truck was a ‘89 Jeep Comanche, before kids. Kids are gone now, time to bring a truck back into the driveway. I am looking at the 4x2 Crew cab Lairat, locking rear end and the upgraded stereo package. The whole deal rest on if my 6’3” frame fits. Can’t wait to sit in one.

Update - I fit! I ordered my 4X2 Lariat on 11/13. As Tom Petty sang,”The waiting is the hardest part”.

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Ric from So Cal. I’ve been waiting for the Ranger redo. My last truck was a ‘89 Jeep Comanche, before kids. Kids are gone now, time to bring a truck back into the driveway. I am looking at the 4x2 Crew cab Lairat, locking rear end and the upgraded stereo package. The whole deal rest on if my 6’3” frame fits. Can’t wait to sit in one.
LA auto show next month. Sign up for the test drive.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello! Just joined up here on the Forum! I can't wait for the new Ranger to come out! I have definitely had a good eye on the Ranger and have been eagerly awaiting this to be my next vehicle. I always like to buy Michigan made vehicles when I can, as that pride runs strong up here in the mitten, and with Ford for sure! I currently drive a 2011 Jeep Wrangler which I absolutely love, but it is becoming more of a toy now, and daily driver and toy don't mix together very well! My wife also works for Ford, so excited that I should be able to get a pretty dang good deal on a new one! (A-Plan all the way!!)

Come spring I will be looking to get a Lightning Blue XLT 302a package with the Sport Appearance Group, 4x4, FX4, and Max Towing package. I will also be looking to add a Retrax Tonneau Cover, Built Right Industries Bed Side racks, Built Right Industries Dash mount for a CB radio, and a mount somewhere for a CB antenna (may the third brake light mount that you can get for the F-150s as the CHMSL seems to be the same! Definietly have plans for this guy already and can't wait for spring to come!

Also, I am looking forward to a great forum community and getting to know y'all and read through all the projects and posts! Thanks and see ya around on the forum!

NY35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zamboni
Come spring I will be looking to get a Lightning Blue XLT 302a package with the Sport Appearance Group, 4x4, FX4, and Max Towing package. I will also be looking to add a Retrax Tonneau Cover, Built Right Industries Bed Side racks, Built Right Industries Dash mount for a CB radio, and a mount somewhere for a CB antenna (may the third brake light mount that you can get for the F-150s as the CHMSL seems to be the same! Definietly have plans for this guy already and can't wait for spring to come!
Sounds like you've already got a nice build in your head! Is the CB going to be used for group drives?

LoneStarFlatLanders

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0si - Sold my current car and waiting patiently on my new truck
I will finally introduce myself. Name is Brian and my wife and I live in North Central Texas, specifically Van Alstyne. We've owned a working cattle ranch and always had Ford trucks of all shapes and sizes. Our beloved "Rusty the Ranger" was a '91 XLT Extended Cab 4x4 4.0 liter V6 with a long-bed and lots of rust. My parents owned it in Ohio since it was new and we acquired it as a field truck in Texas in the early '00s. My kids grew up riding in the jump seats through pastures and each had the joy of driving it themselves.

Tonight we ordered a 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab in Lightning Blue. We ordered the ebony interior, Sport Package, black running boards, 501A technology package, floor liners, trailering package, 18" Aluminum wheels with Magnetic Inserts, electronic locking differential, and FX4 off-road package. We nixed the spray-in bedliner at the last moment and decided instead for the Rhino Liner from the dealer which comes with a lifetime warranty versus the 3 year/36,000 mile Ford spray-in liner. MSRP was $46,120. Our awesome salesman, BJ Banks, at Glenn Polk Ford in Gainesville, Texas got it for us at $43,242.40 +TTL.

We are looking forward to years of hauling a small camping trailer and lots of off-road light to medium trails exploring the far reaches of Texas and the rest of this great country.

If you haven't ordered one yet and need some awesome pricing, call BJ Banks at Glenn Polk Ford in Gainesville (940-668-8770 https://www.glennpolkford.com/). Who you order a truck from and what dealer it gets delivered to do not have to be the same. :like:

Happy trails, y'all!

wa2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Ridgeline
Hi everyone! I'm a former Ranger owner, had a '99 XLT 4x4 for 10 years. Really loved that truck, but when kids came along I needed something with more room. Moved into a used 2006 Ridgeline that I've been driving for the last 8 years. Has 155,000 miles and is still going strong. Hoping to get a few more years out of it before I get a newer truck. I always assumed I would be getting a Colorado, (can't stand the 2nd generation Ridgelines), but now that the Ranger is back I'm definitely interested in learning more. For me the pricing is too high, I will most likely be buying a lease-return truck that's two or three years old. But that will give me plenty of time to shop and compare the Ranger to the Colorado, as well as the upcoming Jeep truck and the rumored new Frontier. Not a Taco fan, but those others will all be appealing to me. This forum looks to be a great source of info already, I will definitely be watching and learning as much as I can about these new trucks!
Sponsored