2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
They used my ranger as a test vehicle for their rock sliders, and they are very well built. I have had no issues with the finish, or rusting or anything of the like.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
I’ve had a set for about a month and I finally installed them today. I’ll try to get more pictures tomorrow. I had their sliders on my previous Jeep Cherokee. These are definitely as heavy duty as the ones for the Jeep. Each one weighs about 50 pounds. They bolt directly to the frame and will support the weight of the truck if you get hung up on a rock or want to use them as a jack point.

I’ve ordered a few things from them before. They are a small shop and build to order. So it does take about 6-8 weeks to get your sliders. I’m sold on their quality and will look to them anytime I need sliders.

F68A4C8D-E7BE-4569-A9E3-FC0F8A8F99D9.jpeg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’ve had a set for about a month and I finally installed them today. I’ll try to get more pictures tomorrow. I had their sliders on my previous Jeep Cherokee. These are definitely as heavy duty as the ones for the Jeep. Each one weighs about 50 pounds. They bolt directly to the frame and will support the weight of the truck if you get hung up on a rock or want to use them as a jack point.

I’ve ordered a few things from them before. They are a small shop and build to order. So it does take about 6-8 weeks to get your sliders. I’m sold on their quality and will look to them anytime I need sliders.

F68A4C8D-E7BE-4569-A9E3-FC0F8A8F99D9.jpeg
That looks great. Are they coated in bed liner or something else?

TheBlackRanger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I had some previously on my Hummer H3T. I offroaded heavily with them. Great fit and practically indestructible. Will be ordering them for my Ranger.

Ronsetzer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Basically Retired
I had my sliders installed at their shop, could not be more satisfied. Heavy duty steel, great welds, grate people. I enjoyed my morning with them and feel like I got a really top notch product for my money.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, these are looking like a winner to me, but I'm still a bit leary without having seen one in person... So hopefully one of you guys that has installed them can answer some questions. First, their website states something along the lines of they try to use pre-existing holes, but something you have to drill.... For the Ranger, do you have to drill into the frame or is it all pre-existing?

Secondly - How well does it work to get into the truck? My 5' 1'' wife originally didn't complain, but when my Ranger broke down and we had a loaner F-150 with a step up bar, she got spoiled, and now wants something to help her step into it. And after it gets a lift (in like 50k miles though), I'll want something too. Per chance, do one of you have a picture with the door open?

Finally - Is that step in the back actually useful? I'm torn between it looking super useful as a step up place for when I need to secure the kayaks, and it looking kinda redundant and not actually much of a value add.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Alright, these are looking like a winner to me, but I'm still a bit leary without having seen one in person... So hopefully one of you guys that has installed them can answer some questions. First, their website states something along the lines of they try to use pre-existing holes, but something you have to drill.... For the Ranger, do you have to drill into the frame or is it all pre-existing?

Secondly - How well does it work to get into the truck? My 5' 1'' wife originally didn't complain, but when my Ranger broke down and we had a loaner F-150 with a step up bar, she got spoiled, and now wants something to help her step into it. And after it gets a lift (in like 50k miles though), I'll want something too. Per chance, do one of you have a picture with the door open?

Finally - Is that step in the back actually useful? I'm torn between it looking super useful as a step up place for when I need to secure the kayaks, and it looking kinda redundant and not actually much of a value add.
Here is a picture with the door open. You can use these as a step.

You do not use any factory holes to install these. You have to drill all of the holes. Their instructions give an explanation as to why. If I can find them I will post a picture of them.

I bought the ones with the kicker step in the back to help with tying kayaks to my rack. It may help .... I haven’t tried that yet. You can get the same sliders without the kicker step. I think they just call them supersliders and they are a little cheaper.

136A3B0E-090D-401A-9047-BDCE1E18B8E3.jpeg

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
how far do they stick out from the pinch weld under the rocker panels?
Here is a picture with the door open. You can use these as a step.

You do not use any factory holes to install these. You have to drill all of the holes. Their instructions give an explanation as to why. If I can find them I will post a picture of them.

I bought the ones with the kicker step in the back to help with tying kayaks to my rack. It may help .... I haven’t tried that yet. You can get the same sliders without the kicker step. I think they just call them supersliders and they are a little cheaper.

136A3B0E-090D-401A-9047-BDCE1E18B8E3.jpeg
variation on an earlier question: How wide are they? from the frame to the outer edge ... but not the kickout.

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Just thinking out loud as I waffle between Shrockworks and RR sliders.
It looks like the RR attachment plate sits "within" the frame - not reaching to the top and/or bottom. I would be concerned that a fairly direct side bump (like sliding in ice/snow and hitting a post) could push those into the frame.. Shrockworks seem to span the whole frame, and would seem to handle this kind of situation better.

AsheToo

First Name
Ashe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Attorney
I recently installed their SuperSliders. Did the installation myself. The instructions say that anyone with a modicum of mechanical skill can install them. I'd disagree with that.

For example, you need a close-quarters drill because of tight clearance between the frame and the body. Second, you need a drill bit in a size that is non-standard ... and it really helps to get a stubby bit (again b/c of the tight clearance between the frame and body). Third, there ain't nothing easy about getting 24 holes drilled in the frame (12 on each side). Fourth, positioning them is tricky. You really have to work carefully to get them dialed in and matching on each side. Finally, the fit when complete is good, but not as tight as I thought it would be.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get Shrockworks.

That said, they are tough and solid and will be more than adequate to protect the underside and rocker panels.
Sponsored