AVS Bug Deflector (photo)

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Kudos to Ford... looks much better since it matches the hood contour.

Hood Deflector.jpg
I think I paid about that much for my AVS installed. I like the profile of the Ford product and I'm not sure when I got mine that I knew the Ford shield was available. That being said I'm not sure what the "dip" to much the hood profile in the center accomplishes and the lip on the AVS was among the features that sold me. Regardless this one looks good and who knows exactly how much protection any of them provide beyond the area the actually cover (which is worth the price anyway).
Sponsored

Rangerjoel94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab
Thank you.
One update on install. The clearance between the shield & the hood (on mine) did not require the use of the clear bumpers on the hood.
I installed my AVS Bugflector II today. This one seemed like the preferred choice. Your write-up was extremely helpful, especially your advice on using a moving blanket over the engine bay. I would’ve never thought to do that.

I don’t think anyone mentioned this, but I temporarily removed the center most plug for easier install. I then put it back on once everything had been tightened. It seemed like the notched edge of the visor wouldn’t catch beneath it unless I removed it first.

This is my first bug shield, as I used a hood bra on my 94”. I cant wait to see debris and bugs fly over the cab at highway speeds!

9E359EE2-320B-4B54-9EE7-B62054570389.jpeg

6B77615A-F93A-475C-95C3-84296819F4FC.jpeg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I installed my AVS Bugflector II today. This one seemed like the preferred choice. Your write-up was extremely helpful, especially your advice on using a moving blanket over the engine bay. I would’ve never thought to do that.

I don’t think anyone mentioned this, but I temporarily removed the center most plug for easier install. I then put it back on once everything had been tightened. It seemed like the notched edge of the visor wouldn’t catch beneath it unless I removed it first.

This is my first bug shield, as I used a hood bra on my 94”. I cant wait to see debris and bugs fly over the cab at highway speeds!

9E359EE2-320B-4B54-9EE7-B62054570389.jpeg

6B77615A-F93A-475C-95C3-84296819F4FC.jpeg
I put the same one on mine also. Im not a fan of a bug shield look but I am surrounded by farm land with lots of bugs and the shape of this front end directs bugs right to the windshield and this shield makes a HUGE difference. Bret

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Rangerjoel94, blanket idea comes from many years of dropping something were it can never be found.

Cape Cruiser, nothing is 100% for sure, but they sure do make a difference. They one that always gets me seems to be in line of vision.:facepalm:

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Ford deflector Friday, will be a few days before I am able to install, but do like the look of it. One question I just thought of... how do these hold up through a car wash?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It appears to be available through Ford P/N VKB3Z-16C900-D
... https://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/ranger/product.cfm?productID=60841526

I like that it follows the contour of the hood but in some respects I don't totally understand the "maximum coverage" to protect the hood from impacts by foreign objects... when there are a myriad of painted body panels all over the front of the truck... including the bumper too?

Also not sure about the looks of the deflector in the center... looks kind of like a speed brake :bandit:

I'm thinking this would almost be invisible on a Ranger that was the magnetic color.

VKB3Z-16C900-D.jpg

Here's an installation video:

Last edited:

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
probably to look more like the raptor deflector. $78 is a lot better than $190

JimmyD

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Really, i cant find it on their site, found the lighted version for $79. would you happen to have the link?
I checked the Walmart sight for the AVS
Really, i cant find it on their site, found the lighted version for $79. would you happen to have the link?
I checked the Walmart sight where I ordered it (Last July) and it seems their sold out. They were just the cheapest place to get it.

obxmush

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4 501A, Sport Appearance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer did it ... be careful
Of dealers .. for example .. a bed mat for a f 150 is 150 at beach Ford in Virginia Beach Virginia .. at cavalier ford in Chesapeake Virginia they want 239 for the same exact part ..
Another local Ranger....just received mine on Saturday!!! I work in Moyock, but live in the OBX

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Put AVS II on yesterday.

bug deflector.jpg
Out of all the deflectors, the AVS II is the best for what it's supposed to do. The Ford product is way too chunky and busy. No need for all that plastic. The lip will work though,

I notice Ford has another one without a lip that fits the contour of the hood...USeless as far as I am concerned. They must have a lip to deflect debris. A plain black flat one will protect that part of the hood for stones. AVS does both.
Sponsored