Having trouble updating Sync

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Guys, I still can't update the SYNC3. I have v3.0, dowloaded the newest version from Ford web, follow the steplist above and double check with the steplist on ford web... I update the SYNC3 which shows the message that update is completed and will start working after the following start. However, it does not. I disconnect the USB, turn the ignition off, lock the car, wait 2 minutes, open the car, turn the ignition on and I still have SYNC3 in v3.0. Tried this 3 times... I don't know what goes wrong.

edit: Wait... maybe the version on the ford web IS 3.0! How can I recognize which version it is? The zip file is named SYNC3_2807656394_Update.zip

edit2: Yep, it seems that my MY2019 can do only v3.0. v3.3 is probably only for MY2020+.
What version do you have now? That'll tell you if you update to v3.0 or v3.3.
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Hi Lister,

It may be that Ford is rolling out the updates at different times for the Euro version from the US for Sync. I have not tried to USB update so do not know if they have different files for different regions of the world. If they do I figure you downloaded the correct one. My truck is connected to my home router and let it do it's updates through that.

On a side note - any relation to Dave Lister from Red Dwarf? Sorry, could not resist. That was a favorite show of mine for the longest time.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
This last upgrade is the worst yet! Been doing them since 2020 and I have 4 issues that I never had before. 1) Won’t let you select night mode for default. Keeps switching back to auto as soon as truck is turned off. 2) Phone app does not update. Says I got a 1/4 tank of gas when it’s full. 3) Have to re handshake daily. Otherwise it doesn’t see my phone. 4) Waze has to now be active on phone for sync to start it up. That was never an issue before!

I think I’ll go back to the last version before all this nonsense started! Definitely the worst one yet!!!
Sponsored