Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
i see some guys running Raptor wheels. I also saw the Ford Performance overland Ranger has Raptor wheels. So how do these wheels compare to the factory 17’s? Are they offset a bit further out?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
i see some guys running Raptor wheels. I also saw the Ford Performance overland Ranger has Raptor wheels. So how do these wheels compare to the factory 17’s? Are they offset a bit further out?
They're the same offset as factory +55. I'm however running 1.5" spacers on mine. :thumbsup:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I believe they will stick out just 1/4” further than stock and also in 1/4” further, since they are the same offset but a 1/2” wider wheel.

TexTazManiac

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch, 2013 Lincoln MKX, 1977 Datsun 280Z, Various Can Am 'Toys', Mahindra Tractor
I believe they will stick out just 1/4” further than stock and also in 1/4” further, since they are the same offset but a 1/2” wider wheel.
I have bought a set of these Ranger Raptor wheels for my truck and they do offset a bit. But a warning -- I have an Icon 2.5" leveling kit and put on 285/70/17's and they rub on the frame during hard left/right turns. I went with that tire size because the European Ranger site states the wheels will carry this size tire with a 2.5" lift on the Ranger Raptor.

The rubbing is annoying but not limiting so I'm living with it. Next set of tires will be a hair smaller. I love the wheels and the overall look!

Don't know if this helps.

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought a set of these Ranger Raptor wheels for my truck and they do offset a bit. But a warning -- I have an Icon 2.5" leveling kit and put on 285/70/17's and they rub on the frame during hard left/right turns. I went with that tire size because the European Ranger site states the wheels will carry this size tire with a 2.5" lift on the Ranger Raptor.

The rubbing is annoying but not limiting so I'm living with it. Next set of tires will be a hair smaller. I love the wheels and the overall look!

Don't know if this helps.
You mentioned the Icon 2.5" leveling kit. Are you referring to the Stage 2 kit with the upper control arms and coil overs? Or is it just a lift kit with spacers? You also mentioned rubbing, is it rubbing only on the intrusion beams, or elsewhere also? I'm curious because I want to do the Icon Stage 2 with the BFG 285/70R17's also but I'll probably do a wheel with more offset/ less backspace to clear the steering knuckle. What are your thoughts?

TexTazManiac

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch, 2013 Lincoln MKX, 1977 Datsun 280Z, Various Can Am 'Toys', Mahindra Tractor
You mentioned the Icon 2.5" leveling kit. Are you referring to the Stage 2 kit with the upper control arms and coil overs? Or is it just a lift kit with spacers? You also mentioned rubbing, is it rubbing only on the intrusion beams, or elsewhere also? I'm curious because I want to do the Icon Stage 2 with the BFG 285/70R17's also but I'll probably do a wheel with more offset/ less backspace to clear the steering knuckle. What are your thoughts?
It was the Stage 1 system so no control arms. Only coil overs and rear shocks (for handling). I don't like spacer lifts because I believe mess up your drive train geometry and seem to mess up the ride. I am not an engineer and I have no definitive proof of this. But spacer lifts have never worked well for me.

As for the rubbing? It is on the frame (back side of wheels) upon lock to lock turns. And it's just a little rubbing, not a lot. Upon further research, it seems the Raptor Rangers over seas do have a different control arm set up (upper and lower) than the standard 4X4 here. That was my mistake. I believe the Icon wheels do have the offset required to support these tires with the Stage 1 lift kit.

For me? I like the Raptor look and am living with the rubbing. I rarely have to do lock to lock turns, so it's isn't that big a deal.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Raptor wheels with 1.5" spacers and with 275 tires will not rub.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
It was the Stage 1 system so no control arms. Only coil overs and rear shocks (for handling). I don't like spacer lifts because I believe mess up your drive train geometry and seem to mess up the ride. I am not an engineer and I have no definitive proof of this. But spacer lifts have never worked well for me.

As for the rubbing? It is on the frame (back side of wheels) upon lock to lock turns. And it's just a little rubbing, not a lot. Upon further research, it seems the Raptor Rangers over seas do have a different control arm set up (upper and lower) than the standard 4X4 here. That was my mistake. I believe the Icon wheels do have the offset required to support these tires with the Stage 1 lift kit.

For me? I like the Raptor look and am living with the rubbing. I rarely have to do lock to lock turns, so it's isn't that big a deal.
Can you take a pic of where it rubs?

TexTazManiac

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put a 1/4" spacer and it no longer rubs. It used to rub on the frame just above the anti sway bar as the frame curved down. I also had to adjust the front crash bar on the driver's side. 15mm crescent wrench I believe... Loosen the top bolts, lever the crash bar forward in the frame with a large flat head screwdriver and tighten the bolts. I got quite a bit of room that way.

Here are the spacers I bought

screenshot_20190505-045118_chrome-jpg-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: