Defrost and Cabin Heat

rustic39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Can anyone tell me why the system would be designed not to allow operation of the windshield defroster and cabin heat streams at the same time? Too, why is it necessary to go to the 'Climate' window to turn off 'defrost'? Wouldn't it make more sense simply to toggle using the button?
Sponsored

Bonchexmix

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Can anyone tell me why the system would be designed not to allow operation of the windshield defroster and cabin heat streams at the same time? Too, why is it necessary to go to the 'Climate' window to turn off 'defrost'? Wouldn't it make more sense simply to toggle using the button?
I think the blower just isn't strong enough to operate defrost + cabin air, plus the defroster heats up the cabin regardless. As for turning defrost off, I'm not sure what you mean as I can turn it on and off from the button on the center console, or by hitting 'Auto'.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Seat heater - ON.

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
I'm just spit balling here but I think it's the button. I think it's wired to turn the defrost on full blaster. If I had to postulate (that word a day calendar is coming in handy) I would say that the idea is that when you first get into your truck you want everything at the defrost to clear the ice so let's put a button in that does that! Everyone will love it!

I agree that it's weird. I wish I had more manual controls. Maybe I'll bang a new console together one day.
Sponsored