2019 Ford Ranger Waiting Room - Share Your Orders Here!

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I have already ordered a 19 Ranger but can still make changes. I left the standard wheels and tires to the chrome package which are 17". I have been looking at the other chrome wheel option. That option changes the wheels to 18". I would appreciate any feed back as to 17" vs 18" wheels. The standard tires 255/65R17 will change to 265/60R18.
Sponsored

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
BTW. Good video of the Super Cab.
Man that looks good in that color and under that lighting. I actually like the all black grille of the XL model but the chrome grille works with this color and doesn't stand out as much. Either way the grille's inside design reminds me of the Mustang's with the diagonal side cutouts, which looks good IMO.

GStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have already ordered a 19 Ranger but can still make changes. I left the standard wheels and tires to the chrome package which are 17". I have been looking at the other chrome wheel option. That option changes the wheels to 18". I would appreciate any feed back as to 17" vs 18" wheels. The standard tires 255/65R17 will change to 265/60R18.
The difference between 17 and 18 inch wheels comes down to looks IMO. Some people like a fatter looking tire (with smaller wheel) and some people a bigger looking wheel (with less sidewall). On the Ranger, both 17 and 18 inch wheels will leave you plenty of sidewall and similar width tires so performance wise the difference won't be very significant. Personally I think the design of the Ranger's 18" chrome wheels look better than the 17" chrome wheels.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The difference between 17 and 18 inch wheels comes down to looks IMO. Some people like a fatter looking tire (with smaller wheel) and some people a bigger looking wheel (with less sidewall). On the Ranger, both 17 and 18 inch wheels will leave you plenty of sidewall and similar width tires so performance wise the difference won't be very significant. Personally I think the design of the Ranger's 18" chrome wheels look better than the 17" chrome wheels.
Thanks for the input GStar. I also like the 18" chrome rims better. That's really the driver for me to change. It was a tough decision when I ordered the truck, but at an $895 add on....... my budget was maxed out. That video really does spotlight those rims! Decisions, decisions.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have read discussions regarding the antenna on this truck. Stick, which the Ford web site shows, or fin which the truck in that video has. I wonder which one they will have? Hopefully the fin. A person in one post that I read linked a thread to a web site that has the fin antenna, after market, that can replace the stick on any vehicle for $80.

Bartolem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GTPP
I've always felt the fin antennas look odd especially on trucks, I'd be fine with a stick antenna as they are cheap and easy to replace.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Probably, be interesting to see! I was dealing with the GM, he filled out the order. After we were done, I asked him when they expected them, he went back, and consulted his computer, then told me, late Nov or Dec, it’s very possible he was looking at build dates. The part about, the first run being 1500 units, and half the dealers, getting one truck, I absolutely believe. A few days before they started taking orders, I was in the dealership, I inquired, about when they were going to take orders, build them etc. He had no idea about any of it. A few days later they called and told me they were now taking orders, when I ordered, he seemed to know a lot more, than what’s out there, on the internet, etc.
The plot thickens! They originally told me, late Nov, or Dec, I was just in dealership, they are now saying, Nov, maybe early Nov, I believe them!

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The plot thickens! They originally told me, late Nov, or Dec, I was just in dealership, they are now saying, Nov, maybe early Nov, I believe them!
When I ordered mine on 8/25 the sales guy told me that every week the sales manager reviews all ordered vehicles for updates from Ford. If there is any new info to pass on he would email me. Haven't heard a thing. I may stop in next week to chat.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My order is officially submitted (finally) Lariat crew 4x4 oxford white with the 501a, sport package, fx4, trailer tow. Now the wait begins.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I stopped in and chatted with the dealer. They have no new information regarding timelines on the delivery of my truck. I did some research on the Wayne, MI assembly plant and found that Ford laid off 2200 of the 3300 working at the plant in March. They are retooling the plant from Focus to Ranger. They are supposed to be done with the retooling Oct 22nd at which time they are calling everyone back to the plant. They will be able to make 5300 Rangers a week once at full capacity. So I think it will be a little bit before the trucks start arriving.

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
Well I stopped in and chatted with the dealer. They have no new information regarding timelines on the delivery of my truck. I did some research on the Wayne, MI assembly plant and found that Ford laid off 2200 of the 3300 working at the plant in March. They are retooling the plant from Focus to Ranger. They are supposed to be done with the retooling Oct 22nd at which time they are calling everyone back to the plant. They will be able to make 5300 Rangers a week once at full capacity. So I think it will be a little bit before the trucks start arriving.
Just curious are you sure about that weekly number, I mean that's allot of trucks in a week. If that's accurate that's amazing.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Looks like Ford might be starting to push incentives for the Ranger.

EDIT: Fine Print - *Preorder by 1/2/19 and then take new retail delivery from an authorized Ford Dealer's stock by 7/2/19. See dealer for details. **$750 on the all-new 2019 Ford Ranger XLT or LARIAT only. May not combine with other private, conquest or commercial offers. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Must redeem using original offer; no duplicates accepted. Prior purchases not eligible. Note to dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #36702 and Customer ID: 11300559952. Preproduction model shown. Available early 2019.

US_2018Q3_Ranger_Handraiser_Secondary_Public_Offer_updatedV1.jpg
Sponsored