• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Arizona Lariat chrome grill and side vents

Greatlakespilot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a lariat chrome grill and side vents I removed at 1200 miles. I replaced these with factory sport package parts. The grill is in perfect shape. No scratches, dings or dents. All tabs are unbroken. I took extra care removing it. The side vents are in the same excellent condition. Asking 150 for the grill and 50 per vent. Total is 250 plus shipping. I’d like to sell them together. Thanks for looking. Located in Phoenix. I may be going to SoCal for turkey day and can bring with me. Open to reasonable offers. OBO

AAD85AAC-B24F-4052-B356-76DD639AE314.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

aubuchon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I would like to buy the grill. I live here in the Phoenix area.

aubuchon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Would you accept 200 for all? I can pick it up so you won't have to ship it.

OP
OP
Greatlakespilot

Greatlakespilot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Replied to your message with my phone number

aubuchon

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Replied to your message with my phone number
You described a way to remove or install the grill without breaking the tabs. I didn't quite grasp what you were saying at the time. This seems to be common problem so if you have a way for all of us to avoid breaking the tabs it would be great. Perhaps just a short description or a new thread or a video if you have time. Thanks for the great deal.

Or you can just describe the technique here then I can start a new thread with the info after I try to implement it.

OP
OP
Greatlakespilot

Greatlakespilot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
You described a way to remove or install the grill without breaking the tabs. I didn't quite grasp what you were saying at the time. This seems to be common problem so if you have a way for all of us to avoid breaking the tabs it would be great. Perhaps just a short description or a new thread or a video if you have time. Thanks for the great deal.

Or you can just describe the technique here then I can start a new thread with the info after I try to implement it.
To remove it without breaking tabs takes patience, a few cuss words and beer. But I’ll try to explain.

Once you have only the tabs left holding the grill in place, you need to release the tabs using a stubby flat head screw driver. Insert the screw driver onto the top of the tab, not underneath it. On the top as in looking down between the back of the grill and the radiator. WEAR GLOVES or you will bleed. As you are looking down, you will see where the tabs are sticking out, insert the screw driver on the top of the tab, and work it inward toward you, until you can feel the little lip of the plastic stopping any more movement of the head of the screw driver. Then you will need to force the screw driver downward and rearward to push the tab downward to release it. This is for the five tabs at the bottom of the grill. Once you get one to release, you will need to pull out on the bottom of the grill to get the grill to slide out toward you, so the tab can’t lock back into place. Start at one side, and work your way over to the opposite side on the other 4 tabs until you can get the grill pulled out far enough that the grill releases. The most difficult one will be the center tab, as it is locked into a molded part of the front clip that covers more of the tab, not allowing you much room to work the screw driver in there. So start at one side and keep working to the opposite and pulling the grill outward enough to keep the tabs from locking again. Now, this is just for the bottom 5 tabs. To be able to get the grill to pull out from the bottom toward you, you will need to release the two tabs on the side of the grill near the headlight. There is one on each side. I used a really long plastic trim tool to reach down and put pressure on the tab/clip, and pushed in on it to release it and then pull the grill outward from the headlight. The grill will want to pull away from the side clips pretty easily, but will want to go back into position and therefore having the tab snap back in. I used another trim tool on each side, and wedged it in between the grill and the headlight to keep it from clipping back in once I had the clip released. You can work the grill pretty good with some pressure without breaking any tabs. Don’t be to shy with it, but not to much pressure either. With a flashlight, you can look next to the headlight and the grill, behind the rubber flap/guard and clearly see the side clips. Just use a long skinny tool to be able to put pressure on the clip pushing toward the headlight and at the same time pulling the grill toward you. So once the side clips are released, pick a side and start working Bottom tabs one by one to the opposite side you started and keep working the grill outward toward you. It takes some finagling and bending etc, but it does come out. I’m not great at writing directions, sorry!

MinuteMan

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Fart Can collector
Good morning,

Are these parts still available?

Thx