oggvorbis

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Did it come with those 2 extra switches? I clicked their link that said see which switches fit and I got an error message. Also did you have to buy any extra cables for anything? Their info stated space may be an issue on some vehicles so the extra cable fixes that. Also the etrailer site states that you can buy a direct plug in harness but didn't see it. I will call the tech support before I order anything. I'm up for a self install if it doesn't mean cutting a bunch of oem wires etc.

Although I don't have any extra lighting anywhere, those 2 spaces could be handy for later on or at the least have snap in hole covers.
I can't really confirm with or if the US version is different, but for my Australian LightForce fascia it came with two switch blanks and the one toggle switch with the kangaroo. The LED Bar switch I ordered in addition to my order from the Austrlian site as I knew I'd eventually mount an LED bar.

Lightforce recommends buyting "their" cat 5 cable which connects the REDARC module to the remote knob, since the one that comes with the REDARC Tow-Pro Elite is pretty bulky and the jacket to the connector is pretty long. Do your self a favor and buy the cheapes low profile cat 5 cable. This is what I used and you'll save a lot of $.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=301&cp_id=30102&cs_id=3010201&p_id=9547&seq=1&format=2

There's no harness, contrary to what etrailer states. They said there was in January when I bought my Ranger so I purchased it. It's basically the F-150 pigtail adapter. There's no pigtail in the NA Rangers. Just the 4 wires in the driver's side kick panel. Ended up sending it back and getting a refund.

Everything you need to install the REDARC Tow-Pro Elite is included with the brake controller. If you're going to install it with the Lightforce Fascia, you'll want to buy a 3' long low profile Cat5 cable to make it easier, but I think you could still install it with the cable included with the REDARC Tow-Pro Elite.
Sponsored

Alex Bedrosian

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger xlt fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey does anyone know if regular "rocker" style switches will fit in the holes?

Rapid428

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Ford Mustang 1969 428CJ
Hey does anyone know if regular "rocker" style switches will fit in the holes?
To fit standard rocker switches you would need to modify the Lightforce fascia as the rocker switches are a lot taller

49347636048_2185b04356.jpg

For people fitting the TowPro v2 if you use the Cat5 cable that is supplied it is almost impossible to get the Lightforce fascia to fit correctly as the supplied Cat5 cable is just to big

43365318654_493c6095a7_w.jpg

The black Cat5 is what is included with the controller
The grey is the size you will need so there is clearance behind the Lightforce fascia

Last edited:

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@oggvorbis or anyone else who has installed the switch fascia. I have gotten the same flat Cat5 cable, I have swapped the 12V outlets, swapped over the factory clips, and checked the directions and forums multiple times, but I cannot get this panel to snap into the dash. I have been working on it and trying multiple different ways and methods for 3 days, but have been unable to get any of the clips to seat into the dash. Can you guys share any other tips/tricks/methods to get this panel to snap in? I also have the redarc remote head installed in the middle slot and the included switch placed in to the right slot of the panel, however no wiring connected to the switch for now.

Every time I attempt to snap the panel in, it gets within a quarter of an inch, and then it's like I am hitting a brick wall...the panel just stops and will not push in any further no matter how much force I apply. And the edges of the front face are still 1/8" off of the rest of the panels. All the clips are lines up with the holes and the cable for the redarc is run clear and down. I have no clue what is preventing the panel from clipping in!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
@oggvorbis or anyone else who has installed the switch fascia. I have gotten the same flat Cat5 cable, I have swapped the 12V outlets, swapped over the factory clips, and checked the directions and forums multiple times, but I cannot get this panel to snap into the dash. I have been working on it and trying multiple different ways and methods for 3 days, but have been unable to get any of the clips to seat into the dash. Can you guys share any other tips/tricks/methods to get this panel to snap in? I also have the redarc remote head installed in the middle slot and the included switch placed in to the right slot of the panel, however no wiring connected to the switch for now.

Every time I attempt to snap the panel in, it gets within a quarter of an inch, and then it's like I am hitting a brick wall...the panel just stops and will not push in any further no matter how much force I apply. And the edges of the front face are still 1/8" off of the rest of the panels. All the clips are lines up with the holes and the cable for the redarc is run clear and down. I have no clue what is preventing the panel from clipping in!

Check out post 2 I think of this thread. It seems you need to swap the clips that came with it with the ones from the truck.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)

It was mostly the clips that caused problems on my install, but then I remembered the post about swapping the original clips. The two outside posts don’t clip in, so make sure you’re using the original clips in the correct location. There’s isn’t a lot of room back there and the switches add a bunch of wire that wasn’t there before. I had to firmly push mine in place.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Check out post 2 I think of this thread. It seems you need to swap the clips that came with it with the ones from the truck.
Sorry. It’s the first post.
It was mostly the clips that caused problems on my install, but then I remembered the post about swapping the original clips. The two outside posts don’t clip in, so make sure you’re using the original clips in the correct location. There’s isn’t a lot of room back there and the switches add a bunch of wire that wasn’t there before. I had to firmly push mine in place.
Thanks all for the responses, at the time of the post, I had swapped the clips into the proper middle clips on the new panel. I did manage to install it, but never felt the positive clip engagement that I expected to feel with installing the panel. Also, the outer corner of the panels just does not line up properly. Overall, the panel looks good, just not the 100% fitment I was expecting. And at the time, I only installed the trailer brake controller wire, no other extra wiring. I do appreciate the help and responses though!

20200424_165047.jpg

20200424_165119.jpg

20200424_165124.jpg

20200424_165158.jpg

20200424_165214.jpg

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03412210-31DA-4739-9023-55FA3DCEB892.jpeg

Mine really fits like a glove, sorry to hear you‘re having fitment issues.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You really need to work hard to manage the wires behind the fascia. They need to be channeled out of the way where the fascia meets the back of the dash. If wires get caught in that area, you can’t push the fascia completely in place.

LM3929

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired Fire fighter, Emergence Vehicle Tech, Commercial Vehicle Tech
Can anyone tell me if the lightforce facia is available in the USA?

Thanks Lorne M.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks Lorne M.
It appears their US site shut down. That being said, I should have one for sale in the next few days. Let me know if you're interested. Nothing wrong with mine, I just decided to go a different route.

LM3929

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired Fire fighter, Emergence Vehicle Tech, Commercial Vehicle Tech
I am interested , shipping would be to WA 98230.

Thanks Lorne M.

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks Lorne M.
The US site has merged with the main Australian site. I’ve ordered switches and fascias from AU and the US. Once you put in your shipping address, the page will convert from AUD to USD. The fascia is $135 AUD or $110 USD ($82 +$28 shipping).

Kendi’s Ranger MRST

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger MRST
Occupation
Retired
Nicely done!!

I have everything ordered up except the fascia. I can not find it from the https://www.ozautoelectrics.com/ link. I tried the LightForce category, searching by “fascia”, “Ranger”, and the SKU “CBFASCIA”. CustomSwitches.com.au only ships to AUS and the US LightForce.com doesn’t list it yet.
Oggvorbis/Pablo, can you help me out with the exact link? Thank You
Try STEDI Uk, contact them by email to see if they Ship to the USA
Sponsored