Is the US not getting the 2019 model?

K Knox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Occupation
Guitarist
I have seen and read things on the 2020 Raptor Ranger in the US but I can't seem to find anything about the 2019 model being released in the US. Am I overlooking something? Is this 2019 model in Thailand going to be the US's 2020?
Sponsored

Nadeshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma and '17 Mustang Ecoboost
If it hits US dealers early enough in 2019, it could be a 2019 model year. If it's Summer or after it'll be a 2020 model. Judging by what the other guys said about an expected January release, it'll probably be 2019 model.

JorgeG

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking...
Vehicle release dates don't always match the model. While it may be a 2019 in Thailand, it could be just known as a 2020 here. Based on what I have read, it will most likely be the latter. They might add or take away a few things from the ones in other countries, this seems to be the case with most cars and trucks but it will still be the same truck.

misanthrope

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL 4x4
Are you thinking of the standard Ranger? The Raptor is a completely different model and that will be a 2020 release.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I have seen and read things on the 2020 Raptor Ranger in the US but I can't seem to find anything about the 2019 model being released in the US. Am I overlooking something? Is this 2019 model in Thailand going to be the US's 2020?
At this point - by August-September every year, vehicles in the U.S. are tagged as next year's models. So even if the Ranger Raptor was already announced for the U.S and started production next month, it'd still be a 2020 Ranger Raptor. With the speculation that it might be announced at LA in November or Detroit show in January, it might even end up being a 2021 Ranger Raptor if it doesn't start production until second half of year year.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
The Ranger was unveiled at the Detroit show earlier this year and will start becoming available early in 2019. I would expect something similar for the Bronco and Ranger Raptor. Unveil at the Detroit show in 2019 and produce first models for early 2020. If they decide to release the Raptor alongside the Bronco.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
At this point - by August-September every year, vehicles in the U.S. are tagged as next year's models. So even if the Ranger Raptor was already announced for the U.S and started production next month, it'd still be a 2020 Ranger Raptor. With the speculation that it might be announced at LA in November or Detroit show in January, it might even end up being a 2021 Ranger Raptor if it doesn't start production until second half of year year.
The date has nothing to do with what model year a vehicle will be. I've seen models released 8 months early and others 4 months late. Ford will do what they want to do.

Bartolem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GTPP
In recent years Ford vehicle model years seem to be closer to the actual year of release which will be true of the 2019 Ranger also. I think to OP's point is just asking whether there will be a Raptor version out first year in the U.S. which there definitely wont be. I'm hoping by waiting an extra year or so it means good things for the choice of engine.
Sponsored