Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
So tonight it's snowing. Not bad just a bit slick. I shifted to 4H as I left home, problem solved. As I pulled in to a store to park, no other vehicle within 2 parking spots and the right front sensor alert goes off then the whole front end of sensors go off then quit when I put it in park. (Earlier today the collision sensor alert goes off saying the camera was obscured but no snow or fog over it.) I shifted back to 2H go buy an item and when I leave the front sensors go off again. Doesn't matter if I was going straight or turning. Happens all the way home at stop lights with no one in front of me. Took pics. Did it again in the driveway. When I pulled into the garage to park up against my tennis ball the normal sensor goes off as usual as I get close to the back wall of the garage. Took pics of dash in the driveway also.

1st two pics at a stop light the last two in my driveway. Got home and got out and looked, front sensors aren't covered in snow and I've not been hit by anything.

20191111_192649.jpg

20191111_192654.jpg

20191111_192955.jpg

20191111_192957.jpg
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Glare from the snow? I have only driven in the snow during daylight hours and did not have the issue you describe.

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Glare from the snow? I have only driven in the snow during daylight hours and did not have the issue you describe.
1st alarm was daylight and 2nd was dark. If that's going to be the norm this is going to get old real fast

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
1st alarm was daylight and 2nd was dark. If that's going to be the norm this is going to get old real fast
I agree not something I would be happy about either. Maybe someone else has had this experience and will chime in.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree not something I would be happy about either. Maybe someone else has had this experience and will chime in.
There is a button to turn off the front bumper sensors... May have to use this in snowy conditions with ice buildup...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Phil, thanks for reminding us about that switch. More snow is coming soon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing I can think of - are they dirty? On our C-Max they will go off if they are dirty - and sometimes they don't look dirty but will go off and we wipe them down and they work fine.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Mine will do that even if there is just a bit of ice on the sensors. At least it will only do it at slow speeds and not all the time. I didn’t try the button to shut the sensors off but I’m sure that would do it!

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
The whole issue with just turning the sensors off is during winter is when I would like them to work the most. Hopefully a engineer at ford can design a system to heat the sensors in future models, since that snow and ice is giving me grief right now.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
How funny! I had this occur this morning when we had freezing rain.

When I got him I was able to confirm it was ice buildup on the front sensors; I cleared the ice and the proximity alert disappeared.

Hope that helps!

VidPro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Saber XLT - 2014 Mustang GT Convertible
Same thing yesterday here in the Boston area. Very light snow/flurries and the thing went off in a parking lot. All this sensor stuff is new to me and it always freaks me out. I shut it off.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Each time I read one of these threads I recall why we intentionally bought an XL in an effort to avoid the unnecessary technology.

LNK_Keff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat sport 501 magnetic gray, 2018 Volvo XC90 T5, 1963 Chevrolet Impala 2 door coupe
Occupation
Logistics Manager
Went through the carwash last night here in Lincoln, NE and apparently some water froze on the aforementioned parking sensors. Drove all over damn town with the same beeping and screen flashing as the OP mentioned. I thought maybe the carwash had damaged one of the sensors until I saw this post last night. Anyhoo, after a night in the warm garage all is fine again. It's a little troubling that a trip through the carwash / minor ice buildup caused this issue.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Went through the carwash last night here in Lincoln, NE and apparently some water froze on the aforementioned parking sensors. Drove all over damn town with the same beeping and screen flashing as the OP mentioned. I thought maybe the carwash had damaged one of the sensors until I saw this post last night. Anyhoo, after a night in the warm garage all is fine again. It's a little troubling that a trip through the carwash / minor ice buildup caused this issue.
See the above post from Phil. You can quickly and easily turn the sensors off. I live in snow country and have had parking sensors on my last three vehicles. I find the convenience of the sensors far outweigh the minor annoyance of the sensors going off from snow and ice accumulations. Just this morning the sensors reminded me I had put out the garbage cans the night before. :whew:
Sponsored