2020 Ranger SuperCrew XLT

665.0coupe

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Ranger
Sorry guys, was fighting a fever all weekend. Hopefully can get you some pictures this weekend.
I am still hoping to see pictures of the mount.

Have you noticed any heat issues with the winch blocking the inter cooler?
I would still like to see the pictures also if you get a chance!

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. My cold turned for the worse into a chest infection and I've been fighting it off since. Finally starting to feel better today, just in time for some snow! Had to give the couch a break and take the truck out on the back roads.

No heat issues have been observed at all, including a 1,500 mile trip through the mountains loaded down with heavy 35s, a heavy motorcycle and equipment for Overland Expo.

I will get pictures of the mount as soon as I can though! It is very heavy duty and more than just a winch plate. It is a fully boxed, formed steel mount that attaches using 8 factory bolts.

This picture "kind of" shows the cutouts in the bracket, on either side of the fairlead, to allow air to be able to flow through. -

mwAK1Soh.jpg

Quick snow trip from today -

OjrQzTmh.jpg

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I’m interested in how you made the suspension set up work - if you care to share?

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m interested in how you made the suspension set up work - if you care to share?
Just bolted on a Rough Country 3.5" lift. I have Radflo 2.0 coil-overs and shocks that still need to get bolted on, really soon i hope.

As for fitting the 35s, We took it to a local alignment shop and had them adjust the castor up front to push the front tires as far forward as possible without exceeding Ford specs. Also have some minor trimming on fender flare and we tied the wheel liners back a little too. Crash bars were removed.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just bolted on a Rough Country 3.5" lift. I have Radflo 2.0 coil-overs and shocks that still need to get bolted on, really soon i hope.

As for fitting the 35s, We took it to a local alignment shop and had them adjust the castor up front to push the front tires as far forward as possible without exceeding Ford specs. Also have some minor trimming on fender flare and we tied the wheel liners back a little too. Crash bars were removed.
Ahh, so the coilover setup isn’t on yet. I was curious how much travel was still left after the lift. I have the same lift installed on the stock FX4.

Thanks for the response!

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, so the coilover setup isn’t on yet. I was curious how much travel was still left after the lift. I have the same lift installed on the stock FX4.

Thanks for the response!
Radflo offers two different front coil-overs. One for around 2" to level the truck and an extended version that requires the upper control arm. Should have no loss of travel with the extended coil-over and upper control arm.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Radflo offers two different front coil-overs. One for around 2" to level the truck and an extended version that requires the upper control arm. Should have no loss of travel with the extended coil-over and upper control arm.
Roger that; I look forward to see your impressions after it’s installed.

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. My cold turned for the worse into a chest infection and I've been fighting it off since. Finally starting to feel better today, just in time for some snow! Had to give the couch a break and take the truck out on the back roads.

No heat issues have been observed at all, including a 1,500 mile trip through the mountains loaded down with heavy 35s, a heavy motorcycle and equipment for Overland Expo.

I will get pictures of the mount as soon as I can though! It is very heavy duty and more than just a winch plate. It is a fully boxed, formed steel mount that attaches using 8 factory bolts.

This picture "kind of" shows the cutouts in the bracket, on either side of the fairlead, to allow air to be able to flow through. -

mwAK1Soh.jpg

Quick snow trip from today -

OjrQzTmh.jpg

Why is the stock skid plate left off? Is it possible to refit the plate with the winch in place?

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is the stock skid plate left off? Is it possible to refit the plate with the winch in place?
Yes you can refit the factory skid. The truck was in the middle of the build for Overland Expo when that picture was taken.

In this photo the factory skid plate is installed. Requires no modification to the factory skid.

bBNaBych.jpg

Rangerado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you can refit the factory skid. The truck was in the middle of the build for Overland Expo when that picture was taken.

In this photo the factory skid plate is installed. Requires no modification to the factory skid.

bBNaBych.jpg
thank you! I like the integration of the winch in the original bumper and look forward to seeing the fit of the bracket and clearance around the radiator.

how much does the bracket weigh?

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you! I like the integration of the winch in the original bumper and look forward to seeing the fit of the bracket and clearance around the radiator.

how much does the bracket weigh?
I'd have to weigh it. My guess is ~20 lbs at most.

Winch fits very well in there with enough room to get your fist between the radiator and the winch. The winch will mount feet forward, so the fairlead is the top of the winch, not bottom like seen traditionally. Also the normal "Front" of the winch is now facing the ground. This keeps the winch pulling direction proper. This mount also includes a relocation bracket for the control box. Remounts the control box in front of the battery on the radiator support, for easy access.

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took the bumper off real quick to grab some more pics. When I get some mounts back from the laser cutter, i'll get some pics off the truck.

Sorry for the dirty truck, hard to wash it when its 20* out.

Here you can see the full mount. It has the two large holes to allow air to pass through, and allow access to the winch clutch lever.

yepTjTUh.jpg

Now you can see the top side of the mount and see that it is a formed 3 sided box. This really adds a ton of strength.

Kd95CW0h.jpg

This is from the passenger side, looking up. You can see the lower bracket that ties into the factory Tow hook mounts, and a triangular upper mount that ties into the back side of the frame horn. All factory hardware attaches the mount to the truck.

UgAjuVuh.jpg

Here is the clearance between the winch and the radiator/condenser. The intercooler is mounted on the topside of the radiator and not affected by the winch.

bjjo835h.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help you guys out! We have decided that this mount will now include powder coating for the existing price of $499.99 + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.