2019 Ford Ranger Waiting Room - Share Your Orders Here!

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
Congrats man! I ordered mine on 8/15, I put $1,000 down and received $1,000 in discounts (military and student) but no incentives. Please tell me what the incentive is listed or labeled as so I can call my dealer and attempt to have it applied as they promised. To address your question, I have never heard of the "shadow mark" and will have to do a bit of research on that.
Thanks again for sharing.
Actually I don't think the $844 was any type of incentive. I was talking with the salesman regarding Ford selling the Ranger at MSRP and that I didn't believe that. The salesman replied with "I may be able to get $500 to $1000 off MSRP". The amount was dependent on the model and options I elected.

JYC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
I did go to the Minnesota State Fair and Ford had a Magnetic Lariat crew on display
Lucky. I'm still waiting to see it in person for the first time. Did you get to check it out in detail? Impressions?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Lucky. I'm still waiting to see it in person for the first time. Did you get to check it out in detail? Impressions?
This was actually my second time seeing one in person. First time I seen one was a Saber Lariat sport crew at the Minneapolis auto show back in march and now at the Minnesota state fair I seen the lariat crew chrome package. I got to check out everything but they had the doors locked so I could only look in the windows. I love how it looks. The size seems larger than a Tacoma for sure. Pretty on par with the Colorado/canyon. I liked the rear wheel well liners and the 5 foot box length/depth looked like plenty for me. Interior was the tan leather but all in all I really like them in person.

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I'm kinda digging that Ford Ranger Raptor grille (seen in numerous pics...) Any chance Ford could/would throw that grille style out there (say as a $395 factory option)?

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I'm kinda digging that Ford Ranger Raptor grille (seen in numerous pics...) Any chance Ford could/would throw that grille style out there (say as a $395 factory option)?
I doubt Ford will offer that since they probably want to keep it exclusive to the Ranger Raptor. But the aftermarket should have you covered. The F-150 has many aftermarket Raptor style grilles available.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 9.09.07 AM.jpg

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey All,
I ordered an XLT 4X4 Crew Cab on 8/25. I ordered the Crew Cab. The dealer told me if I wanted to make any changes to my order I could, for awhile. The dealer could not clearly define "a while". For those of us that preorded does anyone think that we will be able to make changes when Ford releases the specs, specifically the dimensions, exterior and interior? The current build site covers all the big stuff but is missing a lot of option items that Ford usually offers. I'm asking because if the Super Crew has a generous amount of 2nd seat leg room I may have sacrificed the smaller bed for larger interior. I was afraid the Super Crew would have dismal 2nd seat leg room and I would not only have that, but a smaller bed also, so I elected for the Crew Cab knowing I would at least have some room behind the front seats to stow things but also have the larger bed. I must admit I am confused that Ford is handling the return of the Ranger the way they are. It all seems so backwards. I almost waited on preordering and am hoping I don't have ant regrets. One thing that I keep focusing on is the wording of "preorder". To me that means I haven't officially "ordered" yet. Any thoughts?

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
My guess on SuperCrew rear legroom is roughly 35.6 inches (similar to Colorado/Canyon but much more than Tacoma)

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess on SuperCrew rear legroom is roughly 35.6 inches (similar to Colorado/Canyon but much more than Tacoma)
dano0726. Thanks for that info. I didn't look up the Colorado/Canyon. Those are just not on my radar. I looked at the 4 door and extended cab Tacoma and I did notice the lack of rear legroom, in both, but ended up fixated on the 5' bed. Pretty small. It was a Sunday so I never went back to actually sit in one. I looked up the interior dimensions on my last truck. It was a 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 4X4. The rear legroom was unbelievable at 43.5". It was a company supplied truck so a lot of us had the same one. I would travel with co workers in their trucks in the 2nd row with no problems. Very comfortable. We also had some F-150 SuperCabs. Those trucks had 33.4" of rear leg room and at 6' I could fit in the seat but wouldn't want to travel too far like that. If the Ranger comes in at 35.6" thats 7.9" less than the SuperCrew and 2.2" more then the SuperCab. So would 2.2" make enough difference regarding comfort or would buying the Ranger SuperCrew for I believe $2K more amount to just more interior room to stow more stuff because adults would not fit comfortably? Thoughts?

Vesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Taurus / Sold: F150 King Ranch
For those of us that preorded does anyone think that we will be able to make changes when Ford releases the specs, specifically the dimensions, exterior and interior? I almost waited on preordering and am hoping I don't have ant regrets. One thing that I keep focusing on is the wording of "preorder". To me that means I haven't officially "ordered" yet. Any thoughts?
I've always understood "preordering" to mean that you're ordering a vehicle before it's officially been released. And once a vehicle has launched into dealerships, at that point you're "ordering" when you submit a custom order. You should be able to change your order for a while. And if not after specs are released, just cancel your current order and place another. Happens all the time at the dealers so they're used to that request.

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Dumb Question -- will there be rear seat HVAC vents/controls???

Stumblios

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger FX4 LVL II
To help abit with the last few questions i found this video on youtube it's a dealer preproduction truck but walks through it and you get a good sense of scale. Still no numbers though.

BAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
variousandsundry
2017 Chevy/GMC mid-size rear seat legroom reported as 35.8" on a crew cab (per https://www.caranddriver.com/review...olorado-interior-review-car-and-driver-page-5). Not sure if that'll cut it for me as I tried on one of those at an auto show and put my kid behind me in the rear seat (10yr old), she barely had enough knee room when driver seat adjusted for me (6'5"). I don't want/need a full-size but may have to go that route as this will be a daily driver (may have no choice). I'll try on a crew cab ranger (and stuff my kid in the back seat) to see for sure, whenever they start arriving in dealers.

dano0726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
BAR -- I feel for you at 6'5"...I'm only 5'10", and I always "test" the rear seat legroom as well as egress in/out of the rear door. My wife's Jetta was designed for very, very small people to enter/exit the rear seats.
Sponsored