First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
It turns out that our new Ranger isn't very pet hair friendly. I have a Norwegian Elkhound and they are hair farmers. To get the idea, they shed as bad as a Husky. Complete with numerous hair explosions throughout the year. I'm trying to figure out what material seat cover we could get that would be easier to vacuum and still be compatible with my 2 kids. Kids are old enough to not have to worry about car seats. I'd be curious to hear from those that have both dogs/kids. I was looking at the CoverKing neoprene andwondering if there are alternatives I haven't found yet. Pricey, but it looks like it fits nice and snug.
Sponsored

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I was looking at this, too. Skeeter my golden retriever sheds like, well, a damn golden retriever. Ha. I used a fitted twin-sized bed sheet because one, it fit perfectly in my Focus RS. Two, it was easy to put in/take out as necessary. And three, it was easy to just shake out and toss in the wash with his other blankets. I used this mostly because I could never find a good seat cover and the girls' mother always complained about them sitting on the cover picking up all the dog hair. So I went with the sheet and only put it in there when Skeeter is my copilot.

Now, that's my suggestion. However, I think if you look at the Ford accessories page, they actually offer a seat cover that fits directly. That might be another option for you.

But for me, the sheet will do just fine. :)

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I was looking at this, too. Skeeter my golden retriever sheds like, well, a damn golden retriever. Ha. I used a fitted twin-sized bed sheet because one, it fit perfectly in my Focus RS. Two, it was easy to put in/take out as necessary. And three, it was easy to just shake out and toss in the wash with his other blankets. I used this mostly because I could never find a good seat cover and the girls' mother always complained about them sitting on the cover picking up all the dog hair. So I went with the sheet and only put it in there when Skeeter is my copilot.

Now, that's my suggestion. However, I think if you look at the Ford accessories page, they actually offer a seat cover that fits directly. That might be another option for you.

But for me, the sheet will do just fine. :)
After seeing the price from the one from Ford, the sheet is looking like a really appealing idea!

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I dont personally have these, but have good reviews from some friends that have them for their 2 dogs. And Duluth makes solid stuff in general. At least its a couple options to consider.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/delux...r-truck-car-seat-covers&dwvar_96000_color=BLP

https://www.duluthtrading.com/scout...r-truck-car-seat-covers&dwvar_36201_color=GRA
The first link is a style I'm leaning towards. The second, not so much. It would be great if I had my doggo by himself, but it doesn't work if I have the kids as well.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
The first link is a style I'm leaning towards. The second, not so much. It would be great if I had my doggo by himself, but it doesn't work if I have the kids as well.
Yeah I figured as much. They actually have a few more options then what I listed but more just throwing those out there as possibilities.

PhillyRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No kids, but have a great dane. I got this one off of amazon on sale for $25ish:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLKQG79/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Generally happy with it, but haven't had any others to compare to. Sets up easy, 4 clips around the headrests, sides zip up if you want them to, and can attach to the hand holds on the ceiling. You can leave the front 2 clips off to have the leg space or put them up to make it hammock style. There are velcro openings for the seat belt receivers, but I usually just take it off if I have passengers, only takes 30 seconds or so.

IMG_20190910_082318.jpg

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I will present my findings to the Minister of Finance and see what she decides.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
No kids, but have a great dane. I got this one off of amazon on sale for $25ish:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLKQG79/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Generally happy with it, but haven't had any others to compare to. Sets up easy, 4 clips around the headrests, sides zip up if you want them to, and can attach to the hand holds on the ceiling. You can leave the front 2 clips off to have the leg space or put them up to make it hammock style. There are velcro openings for the seat belt receivers, but I usually just take it off if I have passengers, only takes 30 seconds or so.

IMG_20190910_082318.jpg
One thing I like about this one is that I don't have to have the sides or front up and the seatbelts still work. Don't need to worry about the armrest if my dog's in the car and if the kids have drinks, well, they can just hold them.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Luckily Ms. Gilda Kleinschmidt fits nicely in a doggie car seat :whew:

DEF10AD2-ADC6-4B2F-A6CD-D73ED9A3869D.jpeg

jlarrabee104

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
What I do is a cheap solution. It works for me but doesn't get a lot of the protection some may need. Get a low cost moving blanket cut two slashes that will fit over the rear head rest. I suppose if the moving blanket is large enough you can cut a few for the front head rest as well. Lab tested BTW.

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Mine came from a seller on amazon who put together a nice assortment. URPOWER Seat Covers

The fabric is thick and has a durable feel. I don't mind slinging anything across the back seat with this in there. Mine has a removeable zippered hammock with see thru mesh, so doggo can see too? Lost access to the armrest, but the seatbelts are behind a velcro door. I would like it better if the fold up the door protectors were zippered and bigger.
20210120_114203.jpg

20210120_115103.jpg

20210120_114035.jpg
20210120_115144.jpg
Sponsored