“Free” Winter Tire Package in Ontario

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’m not sure if this is offered anywhere else but I noticed after employee pricing ended last month that the current promotion is a winter tire and wheel package that is “worth over $2800”.

Does anyone know what all comes with this package? Any Ford package that I’ve seen has winter tires, steel wheels and TPMS sensors. Even with installation labour figured in I have a hard time believing that this could be worth that much. $2800CAD is a little over $2100USD.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if this is offered anywhere else but I noticed after employee pricing ended last month that the current promotion is a winter tire and wheel package that is “worth over $2800”.

Does anyone know what all comes with this package? Any Ford package that I’ve seen has winter tires, steel wheels and TPMS sensors. Even with installation labour figured in I have a hard time believing that this could be worth that much. $2800CAD is a little over $2100USD.
quick google search looks like something that dealers do in Canada during winter new vehicle purchase. Interesting for sure. 2015/2017 article

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glo...r-tires-as-winter-approaches/article26783785/

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yep it’s been around for quite a while here at this time of year. I just can’t figure out how it’s worth that kind of money to advertise it being a $2800+ Package.
Yea, I just threw together a tire/wheel/sensor package w/ some nice looking rims and it was around $1800 USD. Maybe OEM rims/sensors they are pricing a little high in the package.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its overpriced. walk away.
I’ve already bought a truck before this, was just wondering if anyone knew what actually came with the package.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Ha ha..... I had quick glanced the thread title and read it as Orlando.

I was thinking who is the dealer offering this useless deal. Oh, Ontario. Never mind. Sounds like a good idea.

Lukaranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Sport
Aren't tire prices at the dealer always overpriced? My guess it's just regular steel wheels. Maybe the "extra" cost is the tire sensors?

RCNGunnr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 Sport Appearance, Hot Pepper Red
Occupation
Naval Warfare Officer
Aren't tire prices at the dealer always overpriced? My guess it's just regular steel wheels. Maybe the "extra" cost is the tire sensors?
don't know about where you are but here the ford dealership has their price match guarantee on all tires they carry, can come in handy when the local tire barn runs a deal.

The winter tire sale my local dealer had ran up as follows for a quote.
cdn $

wheels 352$? sensors 220$?, install balance program 100$, winter coopers 255/70/r16 635.64 (radial GTs were about 35$ less) and tire tax ~18$.

Total before HST was 1325, after tax quoted 1524.

Wheels are all silver alloy at the local dealerships for their winter programs.

as far as this overall deal, It's either east coast Canada or Canada wide, as it is at every dealer in Nova Scotia.

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
don't know about where you are but here the ford dealership has their price match guarantee on all tires they carry, can come in handy when the local tire barn runs a deal.

The winter tire sale my local dealer had ran up as follows for a quote.
cdn $

wheels 352$? sensors 220$?, install balance program 100$, winter coopers 255/70/r16 635.64 (radial GTs were about 35$ less) and tire tax ~18$.

Total before HST was 1325, after tax quoted 1524.

Wheels are all silver alloy at the local dealerships for their winter programs.

as far as this overall deal, It's either east coast Canada or Canada wide, as it is at every dealer in Nova Scotia.
That sounds much more realistic, I still wonder where they get the $2800 from!
Sponsored