Raptor Grill Craftsmanship

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
If my Lariat had the sport grill I would have definitely kept it on. That looks nice. I don't mind the design at all but I couldn't stand the chrome one I had.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BHunted

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No pics of damage. All clips on bottom damaged or broke off.
I did like another fellow did and hung it up.. Will put lights in it later. Raptor grill got its issues, but made it work...

08CE2A96-0EAE-4D31-8F9B-D25643222006.jpeg
29885833-6A40-4056-AE52-F5F116D8C738.jpeg

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
What is the hood protector you’re using? Did the lights come with the protector?

OP
OP
BHunted

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What is the hood protector you’re using? Did the lights come with the protector?
AVS... they make all kinds but this one came with the lights.
Be forewarned. Their customer service sux. Packaging was damaged due to poor support in box and after a few weeks, the LEDs (suppose to be sealed), are now getting moisture inside and discoloring. I called, sent in what they wanted, (photos), etc. Only response so far was an email asking if I was satisfied. Oh course I put hell no.

I'm not removing it. Had to heat the crease in the middle out from the bad shipping and I've ordered another strip from online. Screw 'em Order at your own risk. Nice concept, very poor customer service.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I agree, my Lariat FX4 has the sport grill and I like it. I plan to wait until Ford releases a NA Raptor and I can order an OEM quality grill. It may be a while but if it fits, it will probably be worth double the cost. Not in a rush.
The folks here are saying their stock grills already have busted mounting tabs.... That would lead a body to think that the statement "an OEM quality grill" may not be accurate.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
The folks here are saying their stock grills already have busted mounting tabs.... That would lead a body to think that the statement "an OEM quality grill" may not be accurate.
I saw that but was thinking it's probably just normal new vehicle assembly learning curve at the factory. Also, very few reports so far considering the number of raptor grills being installed and that the OEM grills are difficult to remove without damage. Anyway, like I said, I'm in no hurry unless mine breaks and comes loose.

Last edited:

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel Shoks 17" wheels
BFG KO2 285-75/17
Icon Billet suspension with front coilovers set to 2.5" lift.
T
that 2.5" lift sure looks high...